Joey Chestnut Sells Out

Rico

Reportedly Nathan’s paid him $200,000 to compete last year.

Guess you could say he won’t be biting the hand that feeds. 🫠

Kobayashi was better anyways.

Edited by US Egg

10 hours ago, US Egg said:

That's like saying Carl Lewis was a better sprinter than Usain Bolt, when Bolt holds all the records. Out of the top 11 most hot dogs ever eaten in a contest, Chesnut holds numbers 1-10 and Kobayashi has number 11. Your math isn't mathing correctly.

57 minutes ago, Rico said:

Chestnut holds many other records other than hot dog eating:

https://majorleagueeating.com/records

Not butter though:

Butter

7 quarter-pound sticks, salted butter

5 minutes

Don Lerman

:sick:

That is disgusting, but the Wing record seems quite low to me, 2 lbs in 5 minutes seems like something I have done previously just on a good weekend. 

14 hours ago, US Egg said:

Reportedly Nathan’s paid him $200,000 to compete last year.

Guess you could say he won’t be biting the hand that feeds. 🫠

Nathan's is the one biting the hand.  The competition has become a joke.  Only reason I checked it out the last few years was because of Chestnut.  Ain't nobody watching without him.  It was a dying thing already.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

There is NOTHING more disgusting than competitive eating contests. Un-effing-watchable.

I tend to agree, but the competitor introductions at Nathan's are priceless.  That guy is so funny.    The moron protester last year was great theater as well.  

Edited by Irv

35 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Nathan's is the one biting the hand.  The competition has become a joke.  Only reason I checked it out the last few years was because of Chestnut.  Ain't nobody watching without him.  It was a dying thing already.

It was amusing when it first came out.  Used to watch it with the family on 4th of July and it became a bit of a tradition but it def got old and stale over time.  I totally agree by banning Chestnut from competing people will tune out in droves.  

Kobayashi

7 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

That's like saying Carl Lewis was a better sprinter than Usain Bolt, when Bolt holds all the records. Out of the top 11 most hot dogs ever eaten in a contest, Chesnut holds numbers 1-10 and Kobayashi has number 11. Your math isn't mathing correctly.

I don’t need math.

Kobayashi’s records:

Bunless hot dogs: 110 bunless hot dogs in 10 minutes at the New York State Fair[34]

Bunless hot dogs: 60 bunless hot dogs in 2 minutes and 35 seconds at the Texas State Fair on 12 October 2012[35]

Rice balls: 150 rice balls (20 pounds) in 30 minutes "Food Battle Club" Tokyo Broadcasting System Television

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: 13 grilled cheese sandwiches in 1 minute at South by Southwest[36][37]

Buffalo wings: 337 buffalo wings in 30 minutes at The 20th Annual Wing Bowl on 3 February 2012[38]

Lobster rolls: 41 lobster rolls at the Phantom Food Festival in Boston, Massachusetts, for eating in 10 minutes

Cow brains: 57 Cow Brains (17.7 pounds) in 15 minutes "Glutton Bowl" Fox[39]

Hamburgers: 93 hamburgers in 8 minutes at the Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship in Chattanooga (No Dunking World Record)[21]

Tacos: 159 tacos in 10 minutes at the Gringo Bandito Chronic Tacos Challenge on April 8, 2017[40]

Pizza: 62 slices of pizza (15 and a half pizzas) in 12 minutes in Canada[41]

Chicken satay: 11.92 pounds of chicken satay at Robertson Walk, Singapore on 27 July 2008[42]

Cheesesteak: 1 cheesesteak in 24.3 seconds at The 19th Annual Wing Bowl on 4 February 2011[43]

Soba noodles: 21.3 pounds of soba in 12 minutes "TV Champion" TV: Tokyo Corporation 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Kobayashi

I don’t need math.

Kobayashi’s records:

Bunless hot dogs: 110 bunless hot dogs in 10 minutes at the New York State Fair[34]

Bunless hot dogs: 60 bunless hot dogs in 2 minutes and 35 seconds at the Texas State Fair on 12 October 2012[35]

Rice balls: 150 rice balls (20 pounds) in 30 minutes "Food Battle Club" Tokyo Broadcasting System Television

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: 13 grilled cheese sandwiches in 1 minute at South by Southwest[36][37]

Buffalo wings: 337 buffalo wings in 30 minutes at The 20th Annual Wing Bowl on 3 February 2012[38]

Lobster rolls: 41 lobster rolls at the Phantom Food Festival in Boston, Massachusetts, for eating in 10 minutes

Hamburgers: 93 hamburgers in 8 minutes at the Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship in Chattanooga (No Dunking World Record)[21]

Tacos: 159 tacos in 10 minutes at the Gringo Bandito Chronic Tacos Challenge on April 8, 2017[40]

Chicken satay: 11.92 pounds of chicken satay at Robertson Walk, Singapore on 27 July 2008[42]

Cheesesteak: 1 cheesesteak in 24.3 seconds at The 19th Annual Wing Bowl on 4 February 2011[43]

Soba noodles: 21.3 pounds of soba in 12 minutes "TV Champion" TV: Tokyo Corporation 

My question:

Say you weigh yourself at 200 lbs and you eat 17.7 pounds of Cow Brains in 15 minutes. Do you then weigh 217.7 pounds until you go to the bathroom?

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

My question:

Say you weigh yourself at 200 lbs and you eat 17.7 pounds of Cow Brains in 15 minutes. Do you then weigh 217.7 pounds until you go to the bathroom?

You forgot the flava beans and Chianti.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

My question:

I've always wondered that and would submit it to MythBusters if the show was still on.  And ask if the reverse was true, if your waste equals 5 pounds, will a scale show a 5 pound difference before and after.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2024 at 4:35 PM, Rico said:

14 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

6 hours ago, US Egg said:

Kobayashi

I don’t need math.

Kobayashi’s records:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/hot-dog-eating-contest-joey-chestnut-kobayashi-live-date-news

• Awesome! (+1) 1

September 2nd, the beef will be settled.

Chestnut vs Kobayashi on Netflix. 

I can't see how Chestnut could lose this, but anything is possible.

Call me old fashioned, but eating just the hotdogs and no buns doesn't count and honestly, seems pretty phallic. So I'm not as impressed with Kobayashi as Chestnut. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.