Josh Allen spent the offseason eating chips, golfing, and refining his throwing motion

I really hope the misses on the deep ball were just Diggs related....Allen missed him a good amount when he was open.  My optimistic side is Allen was trying to be too perfect with the throw because Diggs diva pressure.  It seems when Allen threw it deep to Davis, timing was on point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Buffalo chips, of course. They’re a bit like cow patties.

Did Josh work more this summer on 1) his throwing motion, 2) his golf swing, or 3) chip selection?

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s exactly what people were saying. He used to work on his craft more than he did the last couple years. He’s getting back to that.

Where is your proof of that? 

Because it wasn't posted on websites? 

So your stance is until this offseason, he didn't work on his craft? Just strolled in to training camp and said "alright, let's do this!" Then lead the league in yards and TDs? 

Pff, the guy isn't eating, sleeping and breathing football every waking moment of his life! This why we never gonna win da big one!! How dare this 6'5" turd of a "football player" do anything except football in his off time. It's a disgrace! Vacations?? Golf?! Shacking up with Hawkeye?!? Absurd and not even allowed in most foosball jurisdictions! How dare he. How dare all of he!

17 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm all for him protecting himself, but the only way he turns into Cam Newton is if he gets castrated and has a full frontal lobotomy.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would say very inconsistent to Diggs for whatever reason.  We will see with Coleman and Samuel.

I feel like he was way more comfortable throwing the deep ball to John Brown and Sanders

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Where is your proof of that? 

Because it wasn't posted on websites? 

So your stance is until this offseason, he didn't work on his craft? Just strolled in to training camp and said "alright, let's do this!" Then lead the league in yards and TDs? 

My proof is Josh Allen himself. He said it on Bussin with the boys podcast last year. 

Let’s not go back into this again as there’s a long thread on it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Fake news. He has been eating chips and golfing. 

Thats not fake news, its alternative facts,,,. 😂

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s actually pretty good at it, just throws it a lot.

Yeah but there were multiple times where he missed Diggs who was wide wide open and should have been an easy TD.  He seems to hit those with much more consistency with other WR's.  I think Diggs made Allen uptight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

cool ranch for a cool guy

Until Doritos make a Blue Cheese flavor, I'm going to have to go ahead and allow this, counselor.  Any slips in that direction on the wing front, however, will land both you and Josh in contempt of Buffalo court.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Doesn't that usually require Tommy John surgery?

It can if the ligament is completely torn, but if it's not completely torn rest will heal it.  IIRC Carson Palmer had this injury and "rest" was the cure.

Allen tried PRP injections and "keep playing"

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-elbow-injury-surgery-offseason-mvp-patrick-mahomes-super-bowl

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-qb-josh-allen-won-t-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-full-recovery-by-2023-

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My proof is Josh Allen himself. He said it on Bussin with the boys podcast last year. 

Let’s not go back into this again as there’s a long thread on it.

If you don't want to go back into it, then don't mis-reference and mis-represent what Allen actually said on that Bussin' with the Boys podcast.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It can if the ligament is completely torn, but if it's not completely torn rest will heal it.  IIRC Carson Palmer had this injury and "rest" was the cure.

Allen tried PRP injections and "keep playing"

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-elbow-injury-surgery-offseason-mvp-patrick-mahomes-super-bowl

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-qb-josh-allen-won-t-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-full-recovery-by-2023-

If you don't want to go back into it, then don't mis-reference and mis-represent what Allen actually said on that Bussin' with the Boys podcast.

It’s exactly what he said. People got mad for whatever reason. He hasn’t done as much as he used to. Sounds like he’s getting back to what he used to do.

Why do people get mad when people say that? Do you believe he should constantly be working in the offseason? I don’t really know what every QB does or how it affects their performance.

Allen has had injuries and stuff that give him a perfectly good reason to rest more in the offseason. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s exactly what he said. People got mad for whatever reason. He hasn’t done as much as he used to. Sounds like he’s getting back to what he used to do.

Why do people get mad when people say that? Do you believe he should constantly be working in the offseason? I don’t really know what every QB does or how it affects their performance.

Allen has had injuries and stuff that give him a perfectly good reason to rest more in the offseason. 

Like I said, if you don't want to go back into it, don't go back into it, but don't mis-reference and mis-quote and then expect to not go back into it.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Like I said, if you don't want to go back into it, don't go back into it, but don't mis-reference and mis-quote and then expect to not go back into it.

Well you keep telling me I’m wrong. So that’s basically calling me out. 

I don’t even really know what you’re trying to say to be honest. I am saying Allen said in an interview last year that he does less. 

What in the world are you saying? 

On 6/12/2024 at 5:26 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Years ago out of the draft when Josh started working with Palmer... He had terrible lower body footwork... It wasn't in line with the rest of his body 

Palmer spent a lot of time with Josh getting his lower body in sync with his upper half... His footwork was really out of sync 

That's what all those weeks on the beach with Palmer was ... Footwork footwork footwork... Josh didn't even touch a ball half those times 

Now of course they work out a lot of other stuff and every professional quarterback is always working on their mechanics including the release

But I don't believe he goes to the quarterback summit with Palmer anymore... I think he just works with him occasionally on the side

He needs his skills to be refined... Which there might be better coaches for 

I'm sure he still works out with Palmer occasionally but I don't believe he goes to his quarterback summit on the beach anymore

Occasionally 

He does not go to his offseason Beach quarterback camp anymore if I recall correctly

Where he put in most of the work his first couple of years in the offseason with Palmer 

Now I think they do some individual stuff occasionally... But not the quarterback summit 

I like that Josh is working on his release because it did seem a little longer last season

He worked with Palmer on different things in different years. Yes, particularly in year one they concentrated on synching lower and upper body, but it was more than that. They also both mentioned rotating the upper body more and using the rotation to provide power. They mentioned one or two other things as well. 

Not sure whether it was year two or three but they worked together on improving his longer throws in terms of dropping it into a bucket, increasing the angle so receivers had a bit more time to run under it rather than just line driving it out to guys running long routes. 

They worked on a lot of different things.

Most likely he doesn't go to the QB summit anymore because he's rich enough and focused enough that he's no longer willing to share the time he spends with his coach with another bunch of guys. A very reasonable stance at this point in his career.

I think the developing vs. refining thing isn't particularly useful here. He still works with Palmer and he wouldn't if Palmer was only good at developing young guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.