Josh Allen spent the offseason eating chips, golfing, and refining his throwing motion

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills/status/1800593281019228240

Josh Allen talked today about refining his throwing motion this offseason with the biomechanics mapping company he’s used before to shorten his throwing motion and stride. He said both got a bit long at times last season and needed cleaning up.

I saw him golf and I bet he had some chips

EDIT From warrior's post:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/josh-allen-worked-to-make-throwing-motion-as-efficient-as-possible-this-offseason

Bills quarterback Josh Allen isn’t convinced that the perfect throw exists, but he’s working to find it.

Allen said on Tuesday that if you show him any throw, he will “tell you something wrong with it probably” and he found a lot to dislike about his throwing motion while reviewing his 2023 season. Allen hurt his shoulder early in the season and said playing through the injury led him to change his mechanics in order to avoid pain, so he spent time this offseason working to set things right.

The quarterback worked with digital mapping technology to break down his throws from last season in order to “be as efficient as possible with my throwing motion” in the future. The result isn’t a massive change, but Allen hopes the recalibration leads to the desired results.

“I wouldn’t call it a complete overhaul of my throwing motion, but definitely some things to work on and clean up,” Allen said, via Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. “Anytime you go through something like that, sometimes it’s gonna feel really good, sometimes it’s not gonna feel really good. It’s just like changing your swing in golf, as long as you’re trusting it and you keep working on it, each and every day results will come.”

Allen remained productive after the injury, but he did set a career high in interceptions over the course of the season. Anything he can do to cut that number down in 2024 will be a welcome development in Buffalo.

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why did he stop working with Palmer, I mean he has earned that right of course, just curious 

Palmer is a coach for developing quarterbacks 

Josh Allen is all world... He needs a coach now who is better at refining than developing 

Some coaches are better at the former some at latter 

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh Allen is all world... He needs a coach now who is better at refining than developing 

makes sense 

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why did he stop working with Palmer, I mean he has earned that right of course, just curious 

After Allen hooked up with Diggs girl then he went and tracked down Palmer's. 

• Haha (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:
20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I cant open the link, but does it say he stopped working with Palmer?   From what I can tell Palmer is still his personal QB coach in the offseason and the biomechanic mapping thing is separate from the on-field work. 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I believe that’s what Allen is talking about mapping his throwing motion. Thats what he use to do with Palmer. 

I think mechanics is something you should always work on. Not every QB is Tom Brady but Tom Brady always was working on mechanics. He even brought his QB coach on vacation with him.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I believe that’s what Allen is talking about mapping his throwing motion. Thats what he use to do with Palmer. 

I think mechanics is something you should always work on. Not every QB is Tom Brady but Tom Brady always was working on mechanics. He even brought his QB coach on vacation with him.

Years ago out of the draft when Josh started working with Palmer... He had terrible lower body footwork... It wasn't in line with the rest of his body 

Palmer spent a lot of time with Josh getting his lower body in sync with his upper half... His footwork was really out of sync 

That's what all those weeks on the beach with Palmer was ... Footwork footwork footwork... Josh didn't even touch a ball half those times 

Now of course they work out a lot of other stuff and every professional quarterback is always working on their mechanics including the release

But I don't believe he goes to the quarterback summit with Palmer anymore... I think he just works with him occasionally on the side

He needs his skills to be refined... Which there might be better coaches for 

I'm sure he still works out with Palmer occasionally but I don't believe he goes to his quarterback summit on the beach anymore

26 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

also, he still DOES work with Palmer from time to time... He's mentioned this as has Palmer, multiple times.

Occasionally 

He does not go to his offseason Beach quarterback camp anymore if I recall correctly

Where he put in most of the work his first couple of years in the offseason with Palmer 

Now I think they do some individual stuff occasionally... But not the quarterback summit 

I like that Josh is working on his release because it did seem a little longer last season

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Josh Allen is now 28 years old. It's time he really takes care of his body. We don't want another Cam Newton situation. 

Yeah but he’s only 13 rushing TD’s away from breaking Bills’ record for rushing TD’s and be the best RB in team history. Let’s bulldoze more LB’s this season!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Josh Allen is now 28 years old. It's time he really takes care of his body. We don't want another Cam Newton situation. 

I'm all for him protecting himself, but the only way he turns into Cam Newton is if he gets castrated and has a full frontal lobotomy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I'm all for him protecting himself, but the only way he turns into Cam Newton is if he gets castrated and has a full frontal lobotomy.

Cam was as close to a FB playing QB as you can get. Dude was a bulldozer

1 hour ago, Simon said:

@Simon - Priceless take there dude - just priceless!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

My guess is he went beyond what Palmer could best teach him.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Woaoa There!    Don't mince words, tell us what you really think!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.