Crazy stat on Josh Allen rushing TDs

18 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Was his first the one where he did a Superman and flew into the endzone against the Vikes? Who would have thought back then that he's score so many so quickly

ya that was amazing,  it gave me hope , knew this dude is a beast seeing that n the leap over Barr in the same game 

I still remember we were 17.5 point underdogs that day n blew em out

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, jaybills said:

Allen didn't get robbed because McCaffery should have won. 

Ill agree that CMC would’ve been a much better choice than Lamar, 

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

THis year will be a good test without Diggs.  I think Diggs was able to clear the middle taking two defenders with him.  This opened some serious holes up the middle for Josh to scamper and then bull rush people.   Without Diggs, will our WRs get double-teamed and will they be able to create space for Josh

Passing TD and INT probably play the biggest role in MVP voting (for QBs)  as it measures "How good were you" and "How bad were you".   You don't want your MVP to be ever called out for the "How bad were you".   

IMHO, MVP  of the league is  kinda hard to judge without statistics as they are not really playing for the league.  MVP of a team makes a lot more sense

I think the context of an interception is important. I can’t for the life of me remember any time those picks went back for a TD. I’m sure there are some, but I am truly wondering how many pick 6s Allen has thrown? Seems most of his picks are glorified punts. 

40 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think the context of an interception is important. I can’t for the life of me remember any time those picks went back for a TD. I’m sure there are some, but I am truly wondering how many pick 6s Allen has thrown? Seems most of his picks are glorified punts. 

I felt like it was a somewhat bizarre season last year for interceptions.

There were some bone-headed throws where you are thinking where were you going with that - throws that all QBs make from time to time, but it seemed like he had a lot more tipped passes than prior seasons that ended up in the wrong hands.

I was thinking that may have something to do with the way more teams were playing him.

More teams have their DL play off a bit with disciplined rush lanes to try to better contain Allen and keep him hemmed into the pocket. Then more of them were just getting their hands into the throwing lanes.

These stats are always a bit subjective. You also have to consider the hit a QB takes when they lose an OC and that relationship Allen had with Daboll and then having to adjust to a new one. And then adjusting again mid-season last year.

That Allen weathered that as well as he did was a testament to him, but also to the smart way Brady approached that transition.

15 hours ago, WideNine said:

That will be interesting as I thought I heard Marino and others mention that less teams were doubling Diggs last year.

We will see, I think receiver by committee is the best approach, but QBs will always favor anyone who is clutch for them whenever they need that kind of a play.

That's why you always try to take their primary away to force them out of that safety blanket...

Easier said than done apparently. I am still baffled by how much Kelce gets wide open. Nike must have some kind of radar absorbent material he wears.

Kelce gets so wide open because noone ever drills him at the line of scrimmage when he releases.  He is a big man.  And safety's today are not overly physical.  Bracketing him with a tall LB in front and a safety behind him seems like a smart idea.  But then again most LB's are not very tall anymore either.  Bryan Erlacher would have been the perfect LB to try and cover Kelce.  We had Tremaine Edmunds.  He is tall.  But he couldn't cover anyone.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Kelce gets so wide open because noone ever drills him at the line of scrimmage when he releases.  He is a big man.  And safety's today are not overly physical.  Bracketing him with a tall LB in front and a safety behind him seems like a smart idea.  But then again most LB's are not very tall anymore either.  Bryan Erlacher would have been the perfect LB to try and cover Kelce.  We had Tremaine Edmunds.  He is tall.  But he couldn't cover anyone.  

I think that is necessary to disrupt those timing routes, but Mahomes and Allen also excel at extending plays off script.

He does a lot of damage there too, but I agree you need that size and coverage ability to challenge them the whole time and contest every catch.

A defender knows he has done that job well when he gets Gronked by a TE he is glued to after the play is dead.

21 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Was his first the one where he did a Superman and flew into the endzone against the Vikes? Who would have thought back then that he's score so many so quickly

I think one of my all time favorites was the QB sneak against Dallas on that Thanksgiving.

Where it looked like he was stopped short, but he just would not be denied ripping the ball away from defenders and dragging a few past the marker.

We can nit-pick Allen's decisions and techniques all day and compare him to what other QBs do well, but you cannot deny his heart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Aiuk and Deebo and Kittle - San Fran is loaded with premier player

Yeah, in the show where they were talking about the Diggs trade, Emmanuel Acho talked about "freakazoids", that every team needs to have at least 3 players who are clearly above the general talent level, to win

He commented that San Francisco has about 6.

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think one of my all time favorites was the QB sneak against Dallas on that Thanksgiving.

Where it looked like he was stopped short, but he just would not be denied ripping the ball away from defenders and dragging a few past the marker.

We can nit-pick Allen's decisions and techniques all day and compare him to what other QBs do well, but you cannot deny his heart.

The fumbled snap?  Yeah, Allen just would not be denied with defenders ripping at the ball so hard the were literally picking Allen up off the ground.

I think that play turned the game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

15 rushing TDs is insane for a QB especially since they weren’t all from half a yard out. I will go to my grave knowing Allen got robbed out of the MVP last year. 

he would've but the interceptions killed him

Mind blowing. While a Super Bowl should be the only thing he, the team and we want, he seems on a HOF trajectory and we will look back in 20 years and say, unbelievable.

Even if he doesn't go to a SB (God forbid) I think a few more seasons of what he's been doing could get him into the Hall.

On 6/11/2024 at 6:13 PM, ganesh said:

IMHO, MVP  of the league is  kinda hard to judge without statistics as they are not really playing for the league.  MVP of a team makes a lot more sense

It was a pretty big talking point amongst voters and media that Jackson meant so much to his teams success compared to the other candidates in the running. So they gave it to the dude who played with the #1 scoring defense and #1 takeaway defense.  

On 6/11/2024 at 4:20 PM, RobbRiddick said:

This was the play when I knew we had found our guy:

Josh Allen Pylon Cam.JPG

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

I felt like it was a somewhat bizarre season last year for interceptions.

There were some bone-headed throws where you are thinking where were you going with that - throws that all QBs make from time to time, but it seemed like he had a lot more tipped passes than prior seasons that ended up in the wrong hands.

I was thinking that may have something to do with the way more teams were playing him.

More teams have their DL play off a bit with disciplined rush lanes to try to better contain Allen and keep him hemmed into the pocket. Then more of them were just getting their hands into the throwing lanes.

So it was pretty clear initially that Dorsey was trying to NOT use Josh as a running weapon as much early in the season.  So more focus on hands up could be part of that.

But I'm wondering if @Buffalo716 comments about Josh having reverted to a more elongated throwing motion has something to do with that.  It gives the CB more time to react to the throw.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:09 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

15 rushing TDs is insane for a QB especially since they weren’t all from half a yard out. I will go to my grave knowing Allen got robbed out of the MVP last year. 

Unfortunately for us, he would've been robbed even if Lamar didn't win it.

Dak was 2nd, followed by CMC in 3rd. I think Josh should've won in 2020 - 2021, but last season he was too far behind.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Unfortunately for us, he would've been robbed even if Lamar didn't win it.

Dak was 2nd, followed by CMC in 3rd. I think Josh should've won in 2020 - 2021, but last season he was too far behind.

Drew Brees never won an MVP either. I haven’t trusted these voters since 

• Agree 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I don't fully understand the concern over winning or not winning the MVP.  Those side awards mean nothing to me. In baseball and hockey it seems like there are dozens of season-end individual honors.  

Given the choice, would you rather have a team that makes it's way deep into the playoffs consistently, or a gang of players who will look great 20 years from now with awards and eye-popping stats in a NFL history books? 

I suppose it's nice to be recognized, but like all the lists that are published weekly (it seems), the awards are largely subjective.  

The only award I care about with the Bills is a shiny Lombardi trophy in the display case at One Bills Drive.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So it was pretty clear initially that Dorsey was trying to NOT use Josh as a running weapon as much early in the season.  So more focus on hands up could be part of that.

But I'm wondering if @Buffalo716 comments about Josh having reverted to a more elongated throwing motion has something to do with that.  It gives the CB more time to react to the throw.

Definitely would factor into telegraphing throws and having more being tipped.

On 6/12/2024 at 11:42 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Great point and also would note that he didnt have a red zone pick for a long time (granted it popped up this past year).  Dude has been so good.

He will need 23 more rushing TD's to pass Newton's 75 career TD's and become the all-time leader.....Hurts is 12 behind Josh with 41, so we will see how it all shakes out in the end.

If the league ever decides to outlaw the "Brotherly Shove", he would have a hard time catching JA.

Edited by Special K

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.