Mandatory Minicamp

Process

2 hours ago, yall said:

I don't think he is but he kept going on about Coleman "I know he's funny but if he can't get separation..." blah blah blah. The context seemed be to based on some perceived inability, but I wasn't sure where it was coming from unless he was referring exclusively to college.

Schoop = Clueless.  He is trying to generate conversation to keep his show semi interesting.  He is not and never has been a legitimate source of analysis or information.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Schoop = Clueless.  He is trying to generate conversation to keep his show semi interesting.  He is not and never has been a legitimate source of analysis or information.  

Occasionally there is a good take or analysis on his part, but this reeked of straight negativity.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Hollins has also never had Josh Allen as his QB. He could become something special, if not become very serviceable.

Same thing goes for Hamler. I just think that the Bill really put an emphasis in signing Hollins early in free agency and they love his attitude.

We shall see how it plays out.

I think it's safe to say (early though it may be), that at this point in the process, Hollins is well above Hamler. I would go as far to say that the Bills' brass probably place Hollins fourth on their white board for WRs who will be on the 53. Hamler most likely resides on a level that has a number of names placed in a row.

At the end of the day, it won't necessarily be the best six WRs who make the roster. Joe Brady has a playbook, and he needs guys who fill out that playbook. If there are three WRs who basically fill the same role, they're not all making the team. Hollins certainly has a leg up for his leadership, and ST acumen. But it currently seems like there's quite a bit of redundancy in the top six guys in the WR room. That includes MVS, and Claypool in terms of the playbook. IMO, that's what gives guys like Hamler, and Isabella, and perhaps even Thompson, or Shavers a shot. (Shorter... not so much...)

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think it's safe to say (early though it may be), that at this point in the process, Hollins is well above Hamler. I would go as far to say that the Bills' brass probably place Hollins fourth on their white board for WRs who will be on the 53. Hamler most likely resides on a level that has a number of names placed in a row.

At the end of the day, it won't necessarily be the best six WRs who make the roster. Joe Brady has a playbook, and he needs guys who fill out that playbook. If there are three WRs who basically fill the same role, they're not all making the team. Hollins certainly has a leg up for his leadership, and ST acumen. But it currently seems like there's quite a bit of redundancy in the top six guys (talent, and role-wise) in the WR room. That includes MVS, and Claypool in terms of the playbook. IMO, that's what gives guys like Hamler, and Isabella, and perhaps even Thompson, or Shavers a shot. (Shorter... not so much...)

Hamler is the only one on this roster that is actually capable of speed down the sidelines that keep defenses honest. We just saw that with a Hamler 60 yard play in mini camp. Hollins offers nothing different from MVS or Claypool. 

7 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Hamler is the only one on this roster that is actually capable of speed down the sidelines that keep defenses honest. We just saw that with a Hamler 60 yard play in mini camp. Hollins offers nothing different from MVS or Claypool. 

Simply untrue.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.