Mandatory Minicamp

Process

Maybe I missed something but did Coleman look particularly bad in mini camp relative to his ability (or lack thereof) to get separation?

Schopp was going on and on about it this afternoon and I wasn't sure if this was based upon some camp report or if he was just being a downer.

1 minute ago, yall said:

Maybe I missed something but did Coleman look particularly bad in mini camp relative to his ability (or lack thereof) to get separation?

Schopp was going on and on about it this afternoon and I wasn't sure if this was based upon some camp report or if he was just being a downer.

Is Schopp even at these practice sessions?  From what I've read it's been mostly positive on Keon.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Is Schopp even at these practice sessions?  From what I've read it's been mostly positive on Keon.

I don't think he is but he kept going on about Coleman "I know he's funny but if he can't get separation..." blah blah blah. The context seemed be to based on some perceived inability, but I wasn't sure where it was coming from unless he was referring exclusively to college.

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Samuel
Shakir 

Coleman

MVS
Claypool

Hollins

Hamler

Shavers, Shorter, Isabella Practice Squad 

Send it 

Hamler is only that high amongst the fan base. And it's just because he used to be a 2nd Round Pick and he's fast.

Reality is he's totally in that Shorter, Shavers, Isabella list - and probably below one or two of them. He's nowhere near in a league of his own that many notches above them. 

At this point in his career, he needs to REALLY impress to even earn a PS spot. Doesn't seem like he's doing that, to this point. Guys like Shavers and Isabella probably have a leg up having a year in the system already and nowhere NEAR the injury prone history.

It always seemed clear who the top 6 were. And if the reports out of OTA's are to believed, it's getting even clearer.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hamler is only that high amongst the fan base because he used to be a 2nd Round Pick and he's fast.

Reality is he's totally in that Shorter, Shavers, Isabella list - and probably below one or two of them. Especially with the only reports out of OTA's regarding him being that he was dropping balls on multiple occasions - same as Shorter.

At this point in his career, he needs to REALLY impress to even earn a PS spot. Guys like Shavers and Isabella probably have a leg up having a year in the system already and nowhere NEAR the injury prone history.

After minicamp -

Hamler ^ arrow up

Shorter arrow down 

Isabella and Shavers made plays

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hamler is only that high amongst the fan base because he used to be a 2nd Round Pick and he's fast.

Reality is he's totally in that Shorter, Shavers, Isabella list - and probably below one or two of them. Especially with the only reports out of OTA's regarding him being that he was dropping balls (on multiple occasions).

He had a 50 yard TD catch from Allen yesterday or day before.   But agree that he's at the back end of the prospects in the room.    

The big issue with him is he has had some BAD injuries.   It's hard to imagine all of those injuries won't leave him a shell of his former self.........even if a limb doesn't just fall off mid-game.

https://bangedupbills.com/2024/02/04/buffalo-bills-wr-kj-hamler-injury-analysis/#:~:text=Two ACL tears on the,the pectoral tear and concussion.

I was never a big fan to start with.   He's small but also a long strider.   Which means he isn't likely to win much downfield with that lack of size but he's also not likely to be able to break off defenders on short to intermediate routes.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He had a 50 yard TD catch from Allen yesterday or day before.   But agree that he's at the back end of the prospects in the room.    

The big issue with him is he has had some BAD injuries.   It's hard to imagine all of those injuries won't leave him a shell of his former self.........even if a limb doesn't just fall off mid-game.

https://bangedupbills.com/2024/02/04/buffalo-bills-wr-kj-hamler-injury-analysis/#:~:text=Two ACL tears on the,the pectoral tear and concussion.

I was never a big fan to start with.   He's small but also a long strider.   Which means he isn't likely to win much downfield with that lack of size but he's also not likely to be able to break off defenders on short to intermediate routes.

Ah, I see that now. Thanks for correcting me. To this point, all I had seen regarding him was:

I still don't see him having a higher ceiling than the Practice Squad though. Too many injuries (including 2 ACL tears between College and the NFL), a complete failure and abandonment from his Drafting team, showed nothing on his second chance change of scenery team - that never elevated him and he wasn't poached from there by anyone, and is now a "futures" guy on his third team in less than a year and will be two years removed from his last snap at the start of the season.

He's Andy Isabella from last season if Isabella had a terrible medical record and has even more competition than Isabella had last year. Just like Isabella, I expect to hear Hamler's name all Pre-Season from fans. And even if he has a strong Pre-Season like Isabella, I see him still being cut and easily put on the PS.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

This team has to find a way to keep Hamler on the main roster. Even if that means leaving off Hollins. I would keep Claypool and Hamler because they offer something this team needs. 

Hollins isn't going anywhere.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott maybe feeling the heat a bit, or at least recognizing that the team needs the extra work to get over the hump.

Feeling the heat….lol.  Or maybe just knowing there a lot more turnover than in the past and that more reps can help? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Feeling the heat….lol.  Or maybe just knowing there a lot more turnover than in the past and that more reps can help? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I'm pretty sure we have skipped the final day of minicamp every year McDermott has been here including his first year. I could be wrong though. Anyways I was complimenting him. The team should be looking for any and every advantage they can find to get over the hump. Even a token gesture that says "we haven't been good enough to earn a break" is worth something.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

He has done nothing special in the league. At least Hamler can stretch the field, which plays into Allen’s strengths. 

Hollins has also never had Josh Allen as his QB. He could become something special, if not become very serviceable.

Same thing goes for Hamler. I just think that the Bill really put an emphasis in signing Hollins early in free agency and they love his attitude.

We shall see how it plays out.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.