Mandatory Minicamp

Process

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to read too much into individual reps but it's hard not to be concerned. Right now who is the best outside WR on the roster? I honestly have no clue and it sounds like the team doesn't know either because a lot of WRs are getting reps with the starting offense. 

This is a planned panic post. You and everyone knows there isn’t a set X and Z . There is a competition for those roles. Even slot is open.

What is likely is Shakir wins slot, Samuel wins Z, and Coleman wins X. But Claypool or MVS could easily split reps with Coleman. Isabella could get reps in slot.

Stop acting like you’re shocked no one is locked into a role in minicamp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is a planned panic post. You and everyone knows there isn’t a set X and Z . There is a competition for those roles. Even slot is open.

What is likely is Shakir wins slot, Samuel wins Z, and Coleman wins X. But Claypool or MVS could easily split reps with Coleman. Isabella could get reps in slot.

Stop acting like you’re shocked no one is locked into a role in minicamp.

You don’t really want guys ‘locked’ into roles right now. You won’t know how this years Hamler or Isabella will look in a starting role without letting them, you know, run with starters. 

You won’t know if a guy has taken a step without giving them a chance to show you. 

58 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

You don’t really want guys ‘locked’ into roles right now. You won’t know how this years Hamler or Isabella will look in a starting role without letting them, you know, run with starters. 

You won’t know if a guy has taken a step without giving them a chance to show you. 

Are the Bills ahead of the curve again?  Those foolish teams with established guys like Tyreek/Waddle or G Wilson/K Allen, Chase/Higgins - that's so last year.

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

It’s early but I find this concerning especially with questions most of us had at WR going into season. I believe it’s a bottom of the end group in the league and hearing a bill reporters say they looked like a mess, poor routes, dropped passes isn’t really reassuring 

It’s also just June with everyone learning a new offense, getting first reps with Allen, and Allen working on using the tweeks he made to his throwing motion in live practices.  

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Are the Bills ahead of the curve again?  Those foolish teams with established guys like Tyreek/Waddle or G Wilson/K Allen, Chase/Higgins - that's so last year.

How many playoff games did those teams win last year combined?  

Hint:  Less than Bills and rhymes with gyro.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Like I said it's not about the individual reps. A drop here or a miscommunication there is normal. What worries me is that Tyrell Shavers and Andy Isabella and KJ Hamler are getting 1st team reps. I'm sorry but that represents a failure of the Bills team building process. These should all be practice squad fodder, not legitimate competitors for starting snaps.

No offense bud, but no it doesn’t.  Thats just feels like looking for confirmation bias to prove preexisting concerns.  One, Shakir got hurt and left the field for good, so that alone opened up an opportunity for Isabella.  Second, Hamler has long been a guy who had potential to compete for the speed role that everyone just assumes is MVS locked in job, which is crazy because MVS struggles at doing the only thing his job most importantly requires which is catching the ball.  

By no means are guys outside Keon, Shakir, and Samuel locked into a pretty solid WR position.  The rest are all new here or spent their time last year on PS for the most part.  They are all competing, that’s why it’s called a competition.  And right now, when reps matter the least is when you start giving some of the guys further down the depth chart some looks because come camp those reps are gonna go to the guys higher on the pecking order.  

I mean this is how mandatory OTA’s go every year and it’s why every year this board falls in love with some WR whose never gonna make the final 53 because this is when they get the most meaningful reps.  

And as far as struggles…it’s just June.  Allen is deploying tweeks to his throwing motion and was off, it’s a new offense for everyone, lots of new players who need time to get timing in sync with Allen, and guys who aren’t going to make the roaster getting snaps and making mistakes like Shavers.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Two Bills Drive: Where we're only allowed to post if we feel super great about things, and anyone who dares to make a comment that's even slightly less than ecstatic -- even if it's tempered and reasonable -- gets told all the reasons that they're an over-dramatic Negative Nelly buffoon.

GO TEAM!!! 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522h0kamsa1ql3yg8tzjp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Two Bills Drive: Where we're only allowed to post if we feel super great about things, and anyone who dares to make a comment that's even slightly less than ecstatic -- even if it's tempered and reasonable -- gets told all the reasons that they're an over-dramatic Negative Nelly buffoon.

GO TEAM!!! 

I'd bang her

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

GO TEAM!!! 

Reasonable is key. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s also just June with everyone learning a new offense, getting first reps with Allen, and Allen working on using the tweeks he made to his throwing motion in live practices.  

How many playoff games did those teams win last year combined?  

Hint:  Less than Bills and rhymes with gyro.

So you wouldn't take any of those players listed because they didn't win a playoff game last year?

Chase/Higgins have been to a Super Bowl.

Hill has been to 2 and won 1.

How many SB appearances does Shavers and Isabella have again?

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

GO TEAM!!! 

I'm so sick of you trashing the Bills at every opportunity.  I may have to put you on the ignore list.  😉

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So you wouldn't take any of those players listed because they didn't win a playoff game last year?

Chase/Higgins have been to a Super Bowl.

Hill has been to 2 and won 1.

How many SB appearances does Shavers and Isabella have again?

MVS won 2 and Mack Hollins won a Super Bowl. More than Diggs and Davis. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

MVS won 2 and Mack Hollins won a Super Bowl. More than Diggs and Davis. 

So MVS and Mack Hollins are better than Diggs and Hill and Chase and Higgins?

Is this the conclusion to draw from these ridiculous posts?

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We've already signed all the waiver wire all stars, that's probably not gonna get it done. We might get deep into training camp and realize we don't have a starting caliber outside WR on the roster. That's what we need.

A trade for an established talent is going to be our only saving grace. Hopefully Beane is ready to pull the trigger if we're at preseason game 1 and still don't have a clear cut WR depth chart.

Unlikely they have the cap room for any big splash.  We need to settle in with reduced expectations during this reset.  They have draft ammo and more cap space to next year to make a jump back to the top tier.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Which of those teams won the SB?  

A little concern is understandable I think. I'd be concerned even if the reports were glowing because (say it with me) you can't draw meaningful conclusions from OTA's. They certainly can be useful in trending but we really won't know until the pads come on.

THEN we can descend into unrestrained panic. 😜

45 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So MVS and Mack Hollins are better than Diggs and Hill and Chase and Higgins?

Is this the conclusion to draw from these ridiculous posts?

Yes. Is it not? Prove to me that Diggs is better than MVS and Mack Hollins without using rigged individual statistics.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Another update from Matt Parrino:

Great. Cook still dropping easy passes. That needs to get cleaned up.  He is explosive and a good rb but if he can't catch the damn ball, it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

^^Guaranteed these people at this exact same time last year were saying Diggs throwing a fit and storming out was no big deal and meant nothing

100% guarantee it 

I was one of the people worried about Diggs.  In fact, I started a thread about it.

But that was an attitude issue.  Any time an attitude issue bubbles up, I worry about it.

Execution in OTAs is not, however, something I worry about.  Heck, the Super Bowl-era Bills sucked in preseason and yet dominated n the regular season.  I don't worry about execution until September.  

www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246881-the-allen-diggs-relationship-in-decline/#comment-8362163

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.