Mandatory Minicamp

Process

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Please point to the instance where I was complaining? Calling something brutal is not complaining. It’s point in out an obvious. 

Tell your wife, husband or significant other that the sex last night was brutal and then explain how you weren't complaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Hall was actually a pretty good kick return guy in college. I'd say sleeper candidate for the final 53 if he can make it to the 91*. 

I'm a pretty casual observer of college players (only really know the big name ones...and learn more about them once they are in the NFL a while).  It would be cool to hit on one of these sleep guys.

One update from Matt Parrino and this isn't going to make the WR pessimists happy:

The offense was a mess today. Receivers as a whole looked bad. Miscommunication and dropped passes ruled the day. Can't remember a day where Josh Allen had this much trouble.

- Allen was intercepted by Kaiir Elam, who was in coverage working against Tyrell Shavers during 11v11 period. Shavers fell on the play and Elam had great coverage. If he doesn't fall it's likely a contested catch situation.

- The 7on7 period started strong when Dalton Kincaid Mossed a defender but things went downhill from there.

My biggest takeaway is that a lot of WRs are getting reps with Josh Allen. So far we've heard Claypool, Shavers, Isabella, and Hamler all getting targets from Allen today. This room is quite a jumbled mess right now... Hopefully the cream rises to the top in training camp but early returns are not good.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Tell your wife, husband or significant other that the sex last night was brutal and then explain how you weren't complaining.

Pssshhh. Easy.

I would say that I was just complimenting her on her form.

Halloween Whip GIF by Yandy.com

berlin that hurts GIF by Team Coco

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Another update from Matt Parrino:

Khalil Shakir left practice with an unknown injury. He walked slowly into the facility and didn't return. Left an opportunity for Andy Isabella, who made some nice plays. His best was a nice route against Elam and made a diving catch on a throw from Allen.

- Rasul Douglas made his return and had a big play early, earning a PBU against KJ Hamler. Douglas was loud all practice.

- Samuel looks devastating as a runner. He took a handoff and blazed down the field. So much potential for him in the offense.

- Marquez Valdez-Scantling looked lost on a route where he came wide open. Allen put it out there and he twisted and couldn't adjust.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One update from Matt Parrino and this isn't going to make the WR pessimists happy:

My biggest takeaway is that a lot of WRs are getting reps with Josh Allen. So far we've heard Claypool, Shavers, Isabella, and Hamler all getting targets from Allen today. This room is quite a jumbled mess right now... Hopefully the cream rises to the top in training camp but early returns are not good.

It’s early but I find this concerning especially with questions most of us had at WR going into season. I believe it’s a bottom of the end group in the league and hearing a bill reporters say they looked like a mess, poor routes, dropped passes isn’t really reassuring 

- Casey Toohill had a disruptive rep today and finished with a sack against Mitch Trubisky. He's very explosive and has quick feet. I've noticed him a few times.

- Shaq Quarterman had a pass breakup in his first practice. He's an interesting addition and worth monitoring in the summer if he gets offered a roster spot.

- Javon Soloman turned in a sack today working against Travis Clayton. Shane Buechele was in at QB. Clayton very raw and it's showing in the team drills. 

- In the second 11v11 portion, Allen made the defense bite a deep pump fake and had James Cook wide open short and Cook dropped the easy pass.

Nothing good happens between now and September.  

Couldn’t care less about padless 7 on 7 or full team for that matter.  A lot of what they do is force issues to see.  Do reporters know what they wanted to do each play?  

The real news is found in who is getting the reps.  

• Like (+1) 1

-The Elam interception was the final play of an 11v11 sequence that included a Dalton Kincaid drop (high pass) over the middle, the Cook drop and Dawson Knox dropping one on a bad throw behind him from Allen.

-Best offensive play came on another deep ball from Trubisky to Claypool, who continues to shine.

-Trubisky then missed Shavers deep and on the next play he threw a nice ball to Shorter 15 yds down the field and it went through his hands. It may have been a little high but you have to catch that ball.

-Today was the best I've seen of Sedrick Van Pran Granger. Looked very strong when it was full speed.

• Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.