Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The difference this year is if Rodgers gets hurt and misses some time then they have Tyrod Taylor as the backup. He is nothing special, but he is a nice upgrade over Zach Wilson at the backup QB spot. That defense usually gives the Bills fits especially at MetLife. If their OL can stay healthy which has been a problem for them then I could see the Jets in the mix for the AFCE with Rodgers or Taylor as the QB. They do have two really good pieces on offense in Breece and G. Wilson to carry the load offensively.

yes, good point about Taylor and I may even say that it is likely he is the starter at some point.  He would concern me more than rodgers for his ability and leadership at this point in their careers.  But not too much!

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

yes, good point about Taylor and I may even say that it is likely he is the starter at some point.  He would concern me more than rodgers for his ability and leadership at this point in their careers.  But not too much!

Tyrod has gotten hurt with multi week injuries in each season since he’s left Buffalo. The Jordan Travis show is much more likely 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Tyrod has gotten hurt with multi week injuries in each season since he’s left Buffalo. The Jordan Travis show is much more likely 

For a team that is all in to win in 2024 I don't think they would want a rookie leading the way. 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:04 AM, Doc said:

Another Ayahuasca retreat?

Absolutely....this narcissist who talks out of both sides of his mouth will lose the locker room with another of his "go out and get high" 3 day Ayahuasca retreats.  

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Of course not, my point is that Tyrod is not a reliable option

I wonder if they will bring in another vet as an insurance policy during TC. They probably want Travis to sit this year and learn from Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They probably want Travis to sit this year and learn from Rodgers.

Ummmmm, I've got a couple questions about this plan......

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if they will bring in another vet as an insurance policy during TC. They probably want Travis to sit this year and learn from Rodgers.

No, they are content to rely on a 40 year old and an oft injured backup. Real smart dudes over there 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Funny and ridiculous  how,  just like last year, so many analysts are saying once again that the Jets can win the AFC East and be a  great team.

Not going to happen with one narcissistic headcase leading the team both on the field and off, as both the  QB and GM.

The Dolphins will pose the only threat to the Bills in the AFC East.

You forgot Offensive Coordinator!

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

For a team that is all in to win in 2024 I don't think they would want a rookie leading the way. 

They might not have a choice...

15 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You forgot Offensive Coordinator!

They might not have a choice...

Yes! You are right. I keep forgetting that, as he wears so many hats, is so versatile and talented.  That is why he doesn't even need to do things like mini camp--he is like a god, in his eyes.

I cannot wait until this washed up alex jones loving narcissist comes to the Ralph just before the New Year, wearing his 6-10 record around his neck for all to see.  It may make the fans' reactions to cox and Schroeder in the 90's look like kind child's play.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

JD and Saleh better hope Rodgers can stay healthy. Another bad year and the Jets will clean house. Cowboys HC McCarthy is probably the only other coach whose seat is just as hot as Saleh's. Jerry was pissed with that blowout loss to GB last season and McCarthy is coaching without a contract extension beyond 2024. The numbers for JD and Saleh tell the story.

Joe Douglas is 27 - 56 as GM

Robert Saleh is 18 - 33 as HC

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

So, without checking first, what is the depth of their offensive weapons beyond Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson? I'm remembering they drafted a WR I liked, just not sure who without looking it up. Who are the secondary threats that will need to step up when defenses dial it up against Hall and Wilson? (Obviously I will now take a minute or two to get caught up, but who else feels similarly about their offense? Maybe I'm missing something?)

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

JD and Saleh better hope Rodgers can stay healthy. Another bad year and the Jets will clean house. Cowboys HC McCarthy is probably the only other coach whose seat is just as hot as Saleh's. Jerry was pissed with that blowout loss to GB last season and McCarthy is coaching without a contract extension beyond 2024. The numbers for JD and Saleh tell the story.

Joe Douglas is 27 - 56 as GM

Robert Saleh is 18 - 33 as HC

The jets have not made the playoffs in 13 years and have had some really bad coaches and GMs since tannebaum/ryan. Douglas/Saleh have the distinct honor of being worse than all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

So, without checking first, what is the depth of their offensive weapons beyond Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson? I'm remembering they drafted a WR I liked, just not sure who without looking it up. Who are the secondary threats that will need to step up when defenses dial it up against Hall and Wilson? (Obviously I will now take a minute or two to get caught up, but who else feels similarly about their offense? Maybe I'm missing something?)

Turns out (should have remembered, but life) Mike Williams and Malachi Corley are definitely additions of note, but one is injured and the other is a rookie.