Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

On 6/14/2024 at 1:56 PM, Beck Water said:

It's a team sport so you certainly can't hang it up to one aspect of one player - even the most important player on the team

But Rodgers does seem to be too into himself

When Rodgers was in Green Bay, I actually liked him, but not being a Packers fan, I didn't follow the team closely.  Like many casual fans, I bought the narrative that the Packers' failure to win more Lombardis -- to make just a single SB appearance -- was primarily on the team's management and coaches.  Rodgers' antics since he came to New York has made me re-think that narrative.  Were there instances when Rodgers' egotistical mindset cost the Packers' crucial wins?  I don't know.  Certainly toward the end of his time in GB, there were hints of the Rodgers who emerged full blown with the Jets, but for my own part, I didn't pay much attention.    Under the glare of the New York media, however, I think that Rodgers demands and actions have really tarnished his personal and professional image.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/14/2024 at 1:31 PM, SoTier said:

Brady was the guy who walked the walk without talking about it (winning).  Rodgers is the guy who talks the talk but can't be bothered to walk the walk.   Maybe that's the reason why Brady has so many rings and Rodgers has only one. 

Lol, if Allen wins only one I think we'd still be happy!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, SoTier said:

When Rodgers was in Green Bay, I actually liked him, but not being a Packers fan, I didn't follow the team closely.  Like many casual fans, I bought the narrative that the Packers' failure to win more Lombardis -- to make just a single SB appearance -- was primarily on the team's management and coaches.  Rodgers' antics since he came to New York has made me re-think that narrative.  Were there instances when Rodgers' egotistical mindset cost the Packers' crucial wins?  I don't know.  Certainly toward the end of his time in GB, there were hints of the Rodgers who emerged full blown with the Jets, but for my own part, I didn't pay much attention.    Under the glare of the New York media, however, I think that Rodgers demands and actions have really tarnished his personal and professional image.

What did he do to hurt the team in Green Bay? He was paid more than Brady so he ate up a bit more cap space. That's all I recall. But just like you I'm a casual fan of the Packers and only followed from afar.

He got some of his former teammates to join him in NYC. Never heard he wasn't a good teammate. 

Now don't get me wrong. The guy has a string of failed relationships from family to girlfriends and his conspiracy crap is grotesque. 

But commitment to winning doesn't seem to be one of his flaws. 

On 6/14/2024 at 1:31 PM, SoTier said:

Brady was the guy who walked the walk without talking about it (winning).  Rodgers is the guy who talks the talk but can't be bothered to walk the walk.   Maybe that's the reason why Brady has so many rings and Rodgers has only one. 

Not to mention the narrative with AR was he always needed weapons and the FO never helped him out. I can't think of many top tier, championship calibre QBs, with that narrative. It's almost as if he was only good enough and everybody knew it. 

Personally I don't see more than 8 or 9 wins out of the Jets this year, and sure as hell no division title. I feel AR is going to be pretty limited, and that's if he makes the whole season. In all of NFL history, we've only had George Blanda and Tom Brady play really deep at a decent level, and I doubt AR looks like he did 3 years ago. 

On 6/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, Beck Water said:

I actually thought penis was on the naughty word list here and would be ******.  I mean I can't say s n a t c h here, even in the context of " ***** defeat from the jaws of victory".   

I was mistaken I guess.  The ways of the TBD naughty word filter are opaque.

That’s why the phrase “penis victory from the jaws of defeat” was coined. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What did he do to hurt the team in Green Bay? He was paid more than Brady so he ate up a bit more cap space. That's all I recall. But just like you I'm a casual fan of the Packers and only followed from afar.

He got some of his former teammates to join him in NYC. Never heard he wasn't a good teammate. 

Now don't get me wrong. The guy has a string of failed relationships from family to girlfriends and his conspiracy crap is grotesque. 

But commitment to winning doesn't seem to be one of his flaws. 

One thing I seem to recall is that unlike most QBs, Rodgers had very poor attendance for most OTAs.

Typically your QB is "all-in" and sets the bar for attendance at voluntary activities because he is the highest-paid player on the team and the tone-setter.

• Like (+1) 3

Rogers would have been photographed anywhere on earth by this point. The only way pics don't come out is if he's in his darkness hut.

It's the only reasonable option I won't be entertaining any more discussion on the matter thank you

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Perhaps this has been posted elsewhere but Von Miller joined him on a Ayahuasca retreat. Can’t bash Rodgers for this without including Von.
https://ticotimes.net/2024/03/14/aaron-rodgers-spotted-at-ayahuasca-retreat-in-costa-rica-amid-vp-candidacy

Bold of you to assume that we won't trash Von

• Haha (+1) 1

Funny and ridiculous  how,  just like last year, so many analysts are saying once again that the Jets can win the AFC East and be a  great team.

Not going to happen with one narcissistic headcase leading the team both on the field and off, as both the  QB and GM.

The Dolphins will pose the only threat to the Bills in the AFC East.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Funny and ridiculous  how,  just like last year, so many analysts are saying once again that the Jets can win the AFC East and be a  great team.

Not going to happen with one narcissistic headcase leading the team both on the field and off, as both the  QB and GM.

The Dolphins will pose the only threat to the Bills in the AFC East.

The difference this year is if Rodgers gets hurt and misses some time then they have Tyrod Taylor as the backup. He is nothing special, but he is a nice upgrade over Zach Wilson at the backup QB spot. That defense usually gives the Bills fits especially at MetLife. If their OL can stay healthy which has been a problem for them then I could see the Jets in the mix for the AFCE with Rodgers or Taylor as the QB. They do have two really good pieces on offense in Breece and G. Wilson to carry the load offensively.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:59 AM, Mr Info said:

Perhaps this has been posted elsewhere but Von Miller joined him on a Ayahuasca retreat. Can’t bash Rodgers for this without including Von.
https://ticotimes.net/2024/03/14/aaron-rodgers-spotted-at-ayahuasca-retreat-in-costa-rica-amid-vp-candidacy

I don’t care that he’s off getting high. I would be upset if he missed mandatory camp for it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean who cares if your pass rusher is crazy, hell that can be a plus sometimes.

At this point Von getting caught with enough amphetamines in his system to kill three horses during offseason testing is actually to team benefit because it makes cutting the cord extremely easy next year.