Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

10 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I set the Over/Under for Rodgers games at 6.

Forget that he’s a self absorbed #######.

Can a 40 year old football player, who needs to move on every snap, come back from an Achilles injury?

’I don’t think so, Tim!’

Awesome reference!!

tenor.gif?itemid=3389599

This thread is delicious!  Dick jokes, dumpster fire gifs, trash-talking a HOF QB, demeaning a hated rival team…..I love you guys and this is why I pay @HOUSE the premium subscription rate he offered me. Money well spent. 

• Haha (+1) 9

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Woody made the right choice.  At least with Rodgers there's a chance at a Super Bowl.  

Rodgers last year with GB wasn't good by his standards. He had 26 TD's and 16 INT's. He also had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. Also, he is 40 going on 41 coming off a serious Achillies injury. How much does he have left in the tank. If he stays healthy, then they could compete for the division or playoff spot. But I don't see them winning or even getting to the Super Bowl.

• Agree 4

Just now, Gregg said:

Rodgers last year with GB wasn't good by his standards. He had 26 TD's and 16 INT's. He also had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. Also, he is 40 going on 41 coming off a serious Achillies injury. How much does he have left in the tank. If he stays healthy, then they could compete for the division or playoff spot. But I don't see them winning or even getting to the Super Bowl.

He's at the point in his career now where he needs a stout supporting cast, which he has in Jersey.  

He doesn't have to carry them.  They can lean on Breece.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

He's at the point in his career now where he needs a stout supporting cast, which he has in Jersey.  

Good point. But can he stay healthy will be the real issue.

I'm on hold rn about to destroy WFAN.. 

imo Rodgers happened because they whiffed on 2 , yes 2 top 3 QBs! 

He's holding this franchise hostage. 

Who's really the coach? 

lazzard, cobb, Nathaniel can't haccket

what message does this send to the locker room? 

if this was my team I'd be livid. It sounds like a clown show

it starts at the top and the top is a mess and it's more infuriating because they have a really good roster

His last year was 8-9. Jordan Love, a nobody with no name WRs get GB in position to be a force for years. Rodgers is a joke. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

To be fair he did have a broken thumb the last 12 games of that season.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/11/2024 at 11:24 AM, Blackbeard said:

Unreal.

I don't know HOW in God's name the Jets organization doesn't realize the drastic mistake they made with Rodgers.   They won't be relevant for another decade.  And that's IF they land a stud QB, which we all know is next to impossible/rather difficult.

Not unl;Ike Bills trading for Bledsoe. He was not personally controversial but not a good move.

On 6/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, Shaw66 said:

The Jets acquired an aging, somewhat prickly Hall of Fame quarterback when the Green Bay Packers decided it was time to move on from him, only to discover that the guy brought baggage that offset his diminishing skills.  Fifteen years later, the Jets did the exact same thing again, apparently with the same result.  One of the most delicious sports stories of all time, at least for AFCE fans.  

Woody Johnson is one of those owners who demonstrate how important ownership is to the success of a franchise. 

Oh damn it didn't even click that both Favre and Rodgers have been on the Jets.  Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Trading a 2nd round pick for a 39 year QB was risky anyway, but when you watched him play in 2022, you could see why GB was willing to move on. Desperate team making a desperate move

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm sure Hackett will devise the perfect gameplan 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

At least Miller has produced. The Jets have gotten one incompletion and a 10 yard loss out of Rodgers

I was thinking along the lines to cap limits, and paths forward but...

As I watched growing up an Achilles tear was always a potential career ender (Takeo Spikes, never forget). I know sports science has come further but you are asking THE oldest active player on an NFL roster to fully recover in a calendar year and come out of the gate swinging with a team he has had 4 total snaps with, with an Offensive Coordinator the team is actively looking to mitigate, in one of the most hostile media markets in the country.

If Rodgers breaks down and starts tantrum throwing (like he did while injured) I will be unbearably smug as the Jets melt down.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Putin said:

B Hall or Rogers or both ? 

Probably both and you can add G. Wilson as well. I will say if Rodgers gets hurt, they can turn to Tyrod Taylor this year who is a nice upgrade over Wilson at the backup QB position.

On 6/11/2024 at 11:46 AM, Gregg said:

To be fair it was reported in the NYC media at the time that JD and Saleh wanted Carr who is also a big upgrade over Wilson at the QB position. But Woody had to get involved and overruled them because he wanted Rodgers. This is all on Woody Johnson if things don't work out.

Irony is at this point Carr is probably equal in skill to Rodgers especially with his injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Probably both and you can add G. Wilson as well. I will say if Rodgers gets hurt, they can turn to Tyrod Taylor this year who is a nice upgrade over Wilson at the backup QB position.

I'd rather have Wilson at this point TBH. Tyrod is a shell of his former self and the former self wasn't great either