Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I wasn't even thinking specifically of protection, but of whether at >40 yrs old Rodgers can get through a season without, for example, soft tissue injuries that supposedly increase in frequency with age

Two QBs have made it through a 16 game season at or over the age of 40 in the history of the NFL. Brett Favre did it one time and Tom Brady managed it as well. The numbers for QBs over 40 are bad in almost every regard. You can probably guess what the numbers are for QBs over 40 coming off a major injury are..

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/23/2024 at 9:46 PM, Malazan said:

Two QBs have made it through a 16 game season at or over the age of 40 in the history of the NFL. Brett Favre did it one time and Tom Brady managed it as well. The numbers for QBs over 40 are bad in almost every regard. You can probably guess what the numbers are for QBs over 40 coming off a major injury are..

Lets say he even does make it thru without major injury. How effective will he be at the end of the season after going thru the riggors of 12 games... time will tell. I feel like he will come out with a bit of rust manage games and be fine. 3rd or 4th game round into form and about game 12 when it gets cold and everyone is beat up begin to fade. IF he is not injured. Just my take.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

Lets say he even does make it thru without major injury. How effective will he be at the end of the season after going thru the riggors of 12 games... time will tell. I feel like he will come out with a bit of rust manage games and be fine. 3rd or 4th game round into form and about game 12 when it gets cold and everyone is beat up begin to fade. IF he is not injured. Just my take.

The numbers for QBs over 40 are bad in almost every regard. Outside of Brady.. there's a couple mediocre seasons, but the rest are not something you'd be excited about. I think Tyrod Taylor and his mundane, don't turn the ball over, play is more exciting for the jets imo.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The numbers for QBs over 40 are bad in almost every regard. Outside of Brady.. there's a couple mediocre seasons, but the rest are not something you'd be excited about. I think Tyrod Taylor and his mundane, don't turn the ball over, play is more exciting for the jets imo.

Couldn't agree more we might see flashes but over a full season I don't see it. 

• Agree 1

On 6/11/2024 at 11:24 AM, Blackbeard said:

Unreal.

I don't know HOW in God's name the Jets organization doesn't realize the drastic mistake they made with Rodgers.   They won't be relevant for another decade.  And that's IF they land a stud QB, which we all know is next to impossible/rather difficult.

im sure they do, just no way and no upside to doing it. its going to cost them their jobs, as it should. what kind of season would it take for them to spare themselves? trying not to laugh typing this, but AFCC appearance MIGHT do it.

crazy to consider looking back to all those awesome moves they made, what 2 years ago to land all those picks and have a great class with it. they wont be able to pay all those guys, and even if they could, how many are going to want out of that dumpster fire

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2024 at 9:59 AM, eball said:

The Jests don't have to "sell tickets" -- they're the Jests, a NYC-market franchise that will always be hyped.  If they had signed Carr they would have almost certainly made the playoffs last year.  The Rodgers signing was anything but smart.

the bigger picture here with Carr over Rodgers, is they couldve signed the perfect high end bridge type QB to try and win now, while keeping their picks and not imploding their own salary cap.  that wouldve bought them time, and left them resources to find a future starter. they couldve been patient and made sure they werent drafting a guy just to do it, unless he was a perfect fit.  its insane, 2 years ago they were sitting REAL pretty

On 6/27/2024 at 11:03 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

im sure they do, just no way and no upside to doing it. its going to cost them their jobs, as it should. what kind of season would it take for them to spare themselves? trying not to laugh typing this, but AFCC appearance MIGHT do it.

crazy to consider looking back to all those awesome moves they made, what 2 years ago to land all those picks and have a great class with it. they wont be able to pay all those guys, and even if they could, how many are going to want out of that dumpster fire

IMO, owner Woody Johnson wanted Rodgers, and Douglas and Saleh had no real choice in the matter, including bringing in Rodgers' very own OC and WR plans. 

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:17 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

the bigger picture here with Carr over Rodgers, is they couldve signed the perfect high end bridge type QB to try and win now, while keeping their picks and not imploding their own salary cap.  that wouldve bought them time, and left them resources to find a future starter. they couldve been patient and made sure they werent drafting a guy just to do it, unless he was a perfect fit.  its insane, 2 years ago they were sitting REAL pretty

The way they were constructing a team they reminded me a lot of the Bills under McBeane.  The big difference is that the Bills drafted Allen and the Jets drafted Wilson.

13 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

The way they were constructing a team they reminded me a lot of the Bills under McBeane.  The big difference is that the Bills drafted Allen and the Jets drafted Wilson.

Striking out on Wilson with the #2 pick and not being able to build an OL all of these years should have gotten JD canned. If they have another disappointing season, then Johnson will clean house. No way JD and Saleh survive another bad year.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I don't see the similarity between Douglas and Beane.  Douglas has used 10 out of his 14 first two day draft choices on the offense, including 4 OL (3 in the first round) and 4 WR.   His bigger FA signings has also been primarily OL and WR.  He just hasn't been very good at it, though he had a great draft 3 years ago.  Of course it is a lot easier to draft well if you have three first rounders including two picks in the top ten.

Douglas also has had a lot more out and out busts than Beane has.  The similarity you can argue between Douglas and Beane is that they both seem to put more emphasis on traits than on college production.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rodgers said he had always wanted to go to Egypt, “ever since I was in a gifted and talented education class,” and that he and coach Robert Saleh are on the same page about his decision to miss minicamp and the team’s decision to fine him for that decision.

A non-douchebag would have said "ever since I was in elementary/middle/high school."

Funny how he let that "slip out."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-i-knew-i-would-get-fined-and-also-knew-how-much-i-wanted-to-be-in-egypt

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Rodgers said he had always wanted to go to Egypt, “ever since I was in a gifted and talented education class,” and that he and coach Robert Saleh are on the same page about his decision to miss minicamp and the team’s decision to fine him for that decision.

A non-douchebag would have said "ever since I was in elementary/middle/high school."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-i-knew-i-would-get-fined-and-also-knew-how-much-i-wanted-to-be-in-egypt

Does a man with endless resources not have a travel agent that can move a few dates around on a vacation? I get that its not that big of a deal that a former MVP QB missed two practices in June, but he just looks like a clown. He better have that team winning games....

• Agree 4

I understand it. Just an example of "if we just had this". They didn't stay the course. Zack was a bust I get it. You bring in a couple jag bridge QBs and you get the same results but just maybe one of those jags gets a hot hand and its not so bad.

So yeah it will be interesting to see the Jets implode again after the hope part 2 rolls out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I really thought it was parody. I'm still trying to find evidence of it.

It's like he's fully embraced the douche lately. He's proud to be the heel. He's the Gold Dust of NFL QBs right now.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I really thought it was parody. I'm still trying to find evidence of it.

It's like he's fully embraced the douche lately. He's proud to be the heel. He's the Gold Dust of NFL QBs right now.

His daily podcast next year is going to be insufferable 

On 6/23/2024 at 9:46 PM, Malazan said:

I appreciate the way this comment is formulated. It highlights the incredulity. If you took a layman and told them:

that there's been 721 quarterbacks to play since the Super Bowl era

only 15 qbs have even started a game over 40 years old

2 have played a complete season without major injury

1 qb retired at 45 with the help of a doctor who wasn't a doctor, after several cheating scandals

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1