Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

Rodgers last year with GB wasn't good by his standards. He had 26 TD's and 16 INT's. He also had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. 

He lost Adams in free agency which is my biggest Diggs fear with Allen.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He lost Adams in free agency which is my biggest Diggs fear with Allen.

I don't wanna make excuses for Rodgers, but apparently he broke the thumb on his throwing hand in Week 5

In Week 5 at London, Rodgers threw for 222 yards and two touchdowns in an upset loss against the Giants.[383] In Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Night Football, Rodgers threw for 203 yards, two touchdowns and one interception as the Packers lost their fourth consecutive game in the 27–17 defeat.[384] The next week against the Lions, Rodgers threw for 291 yards, a touchdown, and three interceptions in the 15–9 loss. It was the first time since Week 15 of the 2017 season that Rodgers threw three interceptions in a game.[385] Rodgers bounced back the following week against the Cowboys, completing 14-of-20 passes for 224 yards and three touchdowns in 31–28 overtime victory.[386][387] Following a Week 11 loss to the Titans, Rodgers confirmed he has been playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand he suffered in Week 5.[388][389]

The team had 7 losses and 1 win Week 5 and following

So, did the loss of Adams affect Rodgers, almost certainly.  The Packers invested a 3rd round 2022 pick, a 2nd round 2023 pick, and a 5th round 2023 pick at WR, and gave up on the 2022 guy partway through the 2023 season.  They didn't sign any FA of note, either.  

But injuries and deteriorating skill likely played a role as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Aaron Rodgers missing these two days is wildly overblown.  Jets knew he wasn't going to be there and only brought it up and made an issue over it because Haasan Reddick isn't showing up who they are in contract negotiations with.  If it wasn't for Reddick, Rodgers would have been "excused".

To paraphrase Mike Florio, if Rodgers had a good reason for missing mandatory minicamp, we'd already heard what it was.  Rodgers is just re-confirming his status as one of the great turds in NFL history.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SoTier said:

To paraphrase Mike Florio, if Rodgers had a good reason for missing mandatory minicamp, we'd already heard what it was.  Rodgers is just re-confirming his status as one of the great turds in NFL history.

I would bet the farm his "trip" is on a farm, one that offers Ayahuasca retreats! 

Aaron was like guys, I need to get my head right before we get the season started. 

I have no sources here are 2 facts; they haven't said what trip was so important that he couldn't go to mini camp and (more importantly) I also enjoy tripping balls, so I am confident this is the reason!

2 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I would bet the farm his "trip" is on a farm, one that offers Ayahuasca retreats! 

Aaron was like guys, I need to get my head right before we get the season started. 

I have no sources here are 2 facts; they haven't said what trip was so important that he couldn't go to mini camp and (more importantly) I also enjoy tripping balls, so I am confident this is the reason!

I wonder if his Achillies is acting up. That is a serious injury to come back from. To do it at 40 is probably tougher. I would laugh my ass off if he announced his retirement and they were stuck with Tyrod Taylor as the starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2024 at 2:55 PM, eball said:

I think you are underrating Carr.  Under the right circumstances worse QBs than Derek Carr have won Super Bowls.  The Jets have a dominant defense and good skill position players.

Only scenario Carr could ever get a ring is as Mahomes’s backup.

this guy has had plenty of opportunities.  He’s mediocrity personified. A bum.

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if his Achillies is acting up. That is a serious injury to come back from. To do it at 40 is probably tougher. I would laugh my ass off if he announced his retirement and they were stuck with Tyrod Taylor as the starter. 

To the bolded if there was a valid medical reason, the Jets wouldn't be fining him for being an unexcused no-show from a mandatory activity.

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So why is A Rodgers  one of the greatest turds in NFL History?, 

"Greatest turds" is certainly an overstatement but on the other hand Aaron Rodgers is not someone I would take up for. I'll leave the litany for others to report.

As for Florio... he's very hard-working and well-informed... but he's also a needless *****-disturber and click baiter...

They're both disingenuous and too smart for their own good.

Florio being critical of Rodgers is a bit like the pot calling the kettle, black.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

You know Aaron is going to take this fine and simmer/hold a grudge against the Jets…the honeymoon is over if it wasn’t already imho! He will somehow figure out a way to make them pay for this slight to his all-world ego. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:45 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I believe in South America (and maybe Spain/Italy) that gesture indicates the maker's opinion of the size of the viewer's male organ

On 6/11/2024 at 10:45 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I believe in South America (and maybe Spain/Italy) that gesture indicates the maker's opinion of the size of the viewer's male organ

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Come on Beck....it's 2024 and not 1924.  You can say penis...at least Jauron.  

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come on Beck....it's 2024 and not 1924.  You can say penis...at least Jauron.  

I actually thought penis was on the naughty word list here and would be ******.  I mean I can't say s n a t c h here, even in the context of " ***** defeat from the jaws of victory".   

I was mistaken I guess.  The ways of the TBD naughty word filter are opaque.

When I listen to Rodgers's interviews, I wonder about his mindset.  I get the feeling that football is good for both his ego and his bank account.  But his bank balance is fine so he doesn't need football.  It seems more like a hobby to him at this point.  It's important - but there are other things just as important.  

And so I wonder how good he'll be this season.  He's very talented, obviously.  But it's hard to succeed in the NFL and harder yet when you're in your 40s.  So lacking a passionate, single-minded commitment, I don't know if we'll see the best version of Aaron Rodgers this season, or ever again.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I listen to Rodgers's interviews, I wonder about his mindset.  I get the feeling that football is good for both his ego and his bank account.  But his bank balance is fine so he doesn't need football.  It seems more like a hobby to him at this point.  It's important - but there are other things just as important.  

And so I wonder how good he'll be this season.  He's very talented, obviously.  But it's hard to succeed in the NFL and harder yet when you're in your 40s.  So lacking a passionate, single-minded commitment, I don't know if we'll see the best version of Aaron Rodgers this season, or ever again.  

Say what you want about Brady and Rogers is more physically gifted  , but you can’t compare his commitment and passion for winning to this 40 year old turd now in New Jersey . 
f***’em both by the way

GO BILLS 

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

Say what you want about Brady and Rogers is more physically gifted  , but you can’t compare his commitment and passion for winning to this 40 year old turd now in New Jersey . 
f***’em both by the way

GO BILLS 

Brady was the guy who walked the walk without talking about it (winning).  Rodgers is the guy who talks the talk but can't be bothered to walk the walk.   Maybe that's the reason why Brady has so many rings and Rodgers has only one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Brady was the guy who walked the walk without talking about it (winning).  Rodgers is the guy who talks the talk but can't be bothered to walk the walk.   Maybe that's the reason why Brady has so many rings and Rodgers has only one. 

It's a team sport so you certainly can't hang it up to one aspect of one player - even the most important player on the team

But Rodgers does seem to be too into himself