Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

I'd rather have Wilson at this point TBH. Tyrod is a shell of his former self and the former self wasn't great either 

Wilson has the physical talent to play QB at the NFL level. But mentally he doesn't have it. I don't know if he ever will. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

The Jests don't have to "sell tickets" -- they're the Jests, a NYC-market franchise that will always be hyped.  If they had signed Carr they would have almost certainly made the playoffs last year.  The Rodgers signing was anything but smart.

I get your point, but the idea is to win a Super Bowl. Derek Carr can’t do that, but the idea was Rodgers could. That’s fine if you disagree, but I don’t think you bother with a player like Carr in the Jets position. If you’re going to waste time on a player like Carr, you’d be better off drafting a rookie. The rookie might give you a chance at a title. Everyone knows Carr isn’t that guy. The playoffs are never really the point. Winning a championship is the real goal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Aaron Rodgers missing these two days is wildly overblown.  Jets knew he wasn't going to be there and only brought it up and made an issue over it because Haasan Reddick isn't showing up who they are in contract negotiations with.  If it wasn't for Reddick, Rodgers would have been "excused".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I really don't like to take pleasure at other people's misfortune but if Rodgers was to just say screw it and retire I think I would genuinely piss my pants laughing at Jets fans

I'd rather he plays this year and sucks while taking the Jets $.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He will announce retirement in a bit

Holy ***** that would be hilarious 

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I'd rather he plays this year and sucks while taking the Jets $.

I mean come m, watching Tyrod Taylor and then Jordan Davis at QB for the jets all year is low key hilarious 

43 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I get your point, but the idea is to win a Super Bowl. Derek Carr can’t do that, but the idea was Rodgers could. That’s fine if you disagree, but I don’t think you bother with a player like Carr in the Jets position. If you’re going to waste time on a player like Carr, you’d be better off drafting a rookie. The rookie might give you a chance at a title. Everyone knows Carr isn’t that guy. The playoffs are never really the point. Winning a championship is the real goal. 

I think you are underrating Carr.  Under the right circumstances worse QBs than Derek Carr have won Super Bowls.  The Jets have a dominant defense and good skill position players.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I think you are underrating Carr.  Under the right circumstances worse QBs than Derek Carr have won Super Bowls.  The Jets have a dominant defense and good skill position players.

Eh, carr is ok. He’s a playoff QB but he would get trounced pretty easily in the playoffs. The fact that the couldn’t win a very winnable NFCS with Carr last year says a lot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm sure Hackett will devise the perfect gameplan 

Exactly - I was going to respond that the "lean on Breece" post implied that there was actually a legitimate OC in place - if Hacket asked Rodgers to hand off to the RB all game Rodgers would just ignore him - or give him the middle Goldfinger