Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Of course Rogers isn't going to minicamp, that's exactly where the Aliens that actually run our Government expect him to be.

If aliens aren't running the show then we are in serious trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean hes 18-33 with a top 5 defense. The rest of the team is an utter disaster. The coaching staff is a joke especially on offense. Zach Wilson was bad, I'll give him some leeway on that, but his building of a staff and cohesive culture has been abysmal. If Rodgers didnt have the Jets by the balls, he would have been fired last season. But Salah is going to keep Rodgers buddy as OC even though he wanted to fire him because he's a terrible coach who wont stand up to his players.

Everyone likes to point out that they've beaten the Bills a few times and JA has struggled against him. Sure, that's true. But they are 2-4 against Buffalo since he's been there and have lost but an average of 19.75 points, while their two wins are by a combined 9 points.

Tomlin made the playoffs with QBs like Wilson. Flacco looked washed up with the Jets and took the Browns to the playoffs last year. Salah couldnt make it work. Hes a bad HC and a good DC

Fair points. You're probably right and I'm definitely more negative than positive on Salah, but he has been dealt a pretty crap on offence.

I do think flacco succeeding in Cleveland and not New York makes sense though.

Browns have a way better o line, a much better run game, an offensive head coach and better offensive weapons. And let's be honest, a lot of luck as there were a ton of "yolo" balls thrown that somehow worked lol 

Edited by BillsFan130

10 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

The Jets acquired an aging, somewhat prickly Hall of Fame quarterback when the Green Bay Packers decided it was time to move on from him, only to discover that the guy brought baggage that offset his diminishing skills.  Fifteen years later, the Jets did the exact same thing again, apparently with the same result.  One of the most delicious sports stories of all time, at least for AFCE fans. 

I wonder if Jordan Love knows he'll be playing for the Jets in 2039?

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm sure there are many in he organization that do. But at this point, they have to go forward at least for this season. No way he plays for the Jets next year 

I'd say it's similar to our Von Miller situation. Looking at the money, they simply can't afford to cut him this year and even next year the dead cap is horrific ($49/51.5 million). 

Similar to Miller, if Rodgers regains HOF form or even close they'll kick money back but anything short is going to be a hard exit but one that primes them for 2026

What a shock for New Jersey's Jets, I am sure! But, for Bills' fans, more great news out of Jersey, as, for us, they are a team that just keeps on giving and giving and giving...

So,  Mr. 'I may play again this season', last season, isn't ready and willing to go as the season begins? Well, we know the 'not willing' part is accurate, or he would be there, with the ability to play or not.

Good thing that their quarterback, their supposed savior, is showing he is very dedicated to his team, and clearly a head case no  more--just as things really get going for the 2024 season. I am sure their fans are all breathing a sigh of relief.

Rodgers own words.

"“If you want to be a winning organization and put yourself in a position to win championships and be competitive, everything that you do matters,” Rodgers said Monday, the day after the Jets finished the 2023 season. “The bull—t that has nothing to do with winning needs to get out of the building. That will be the focus moving forward.”

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'd say it's similar to our Von Miller situation. Looking at the money, they simply can't afford to cut him this year and even next year the dead cap is horrific ($49/51.5 million). 

Similar to Miller, if Rodgers regains HOF form or even close they'll kick money back but anything short is going to be a hard exit but one that primes them for 2026

At least Miller has produced. The Jets have gotten one incompletion and a 10 yard loss out of Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Rodgers own words.

"“If you want to be a winning organization and put yourself in a position to win championships and be competitive, everything that you do matters,” Rodgers said Monday, the day after the Jets finished the 2023 season. “The bull—t that has nothing to do with winning needs to get out of the building. That will be the focus moving forward.”

He wasn't talking about him tho. Just everyone else who he can blame after a 7-10 finish 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Johnson isn’t a great owner, and he interferes too much, but I’m with him on the Rodgers signing. It’s easy to pick on in hindsight, but Rodgers had a greater upside that Derek Checkdown Carr doesn’t have at all. Carr wasn’t going to sell tickets, or be a real franchise QB. 

The Jests don't have to "sell tickets" -- they're the Jests, a NYC-market franchise that will always be hyped.  If they had signed Carr they would have almost certainly made the playoffs last year.  The Rodgers signing was anything but smart.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, eball said:

The Jests don't have to "sell tickets" -- they're the Jests, a NYC-market franchise that will always be hyped.  If they had signed Carr they would have almost certainly made the playoffs last year.  The Rodgers signing was anything but smart.

Agree. Carr is nothing special, but he is an upgrade over Wilson which is what the Jets needed. He probably would have played the whole season as well and the Jets could have challenged for a WC spot. 

21 hours ago, Malazan said:

Why not just say it's an excused absence instead of saying it was unexcused, but you're not going to fine him..

Ladies and Gentlemen, The aristoJets.

My bet is, they actually don’t know where he is or what he’s doing and they are CTA if it turns out he does something egregiously stupid.

However, for all the offseason fun of treating him as a punching bag, an upright Rogers with a good rushing attack and that D can beat us twice…..🤷‍♂️

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

23 hours ago, Gregg said:

To be fair it was reported in the NYC media at the time that JD and Saleh wanted Carr who is also a big upgrade over Wilson at the QB position. But Woody had to get involved and overruled them because he wanted Rodgers. This is all on Woody Johnson if things don't work out.

Woody made the right choice.  At least with Rodgers there's a chance at a Super Bowl.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1