Rodgers not at mandatory minicamp

Gregg

I get it, but...

Raise your hand if you thought that, once Rodgers was sidelined after 4 plays last year, the Bills would roll to victory over the Zach Wilson-led Jets?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I get it, but...

Raise your hand if you thought that, once Rodgers was sidelined after 4 plays last year, the Bills would roll to victory over the Zach Wilson-led Jets?

Melon farmer special, that game was.

10 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I get it, but...

I actually remember thinking that was bad for the Bills. It was the perfect “let’s win this one for Rodgers” moment for the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Albert Breer on X: "Ok, so here’s the full explanation from Jets coach Robert Saleh on Aaron Rodgers missing minicamp. He says he and Rodgers have been in communication, and Rodgers is missing it for an “event that was very important to him”. https://t.co/yaC9Lmu1pX" / X

Hopefully he is missing it to start his political career. Probably a nothing burger but if it causes problems going forward then that would be a real shame.

That's what you get for lovin' me

That's what you get for lovin' me - eee

Everything you had is gone

And you can see

That's what you get for lovin' me

I ain't the kind to hang around
With any new love that I've found
Movin' is my stock in trade, I'm movin' on
I won't think of you when I'm gone

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

To be fair it was reported in the NYC media at the time that JD and Saleh wanted Carr who is also a big upgrade over Wilson at the QB position. But Woody had to get involved and overruled them because he wanted Rodgers. This is all on Woody Johnson if things don't work out.

Johnson isn’t a great owner, and he interferes too much, but I’m with him on the Rodgers signing. It’s easy to pick on in hindsight, but Rodgers had a greater upside that Derek Checkdown Carr doesn’t have at all. Carr wasn’t going to sell tickets, or be a real franchise QB. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He's a horrible coach. He talks a big game and his defense is good but they are also have 6 first round picks on defense. They should be good

I think the jury is still out on Him IMO.

Last year he was given an impossible task with Zach Wilson at QB.

I think that's more of an indictment on Joe Douglas to not having a proper backup QB

This will def be a make or break year for him

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think the jury is still out on Him IMO.

Last year he was given an impossible task with Zach Wilson at QB.

I think that's more of an indictment on Joe Douglas to not having a proper backup QB

This will def be a make or break year for him

I mean hes 18-33 with a top 5 defense. The rest of the team is an utter disaster. The coaching staff is a joke especially on offense. Zach Wilson was bad, I'll give him some leeway on that, but his building of a staff and cohesive culture has been abysmal. If Rodgers didnt have the Jets by the balls, he would have been fired last season. But Salah is going to keep Rodgers buddy as OC even though he wanted to fire him because he's a terrible coach who wont stand up to his players.

Everyone likes to point out that they've beaten the Bills a few times and JA has struggled against him. Sure, that's true. But they are 2-4 against Buffalo since he's been there and have lost but an average of 19.75 points, while their two wins are by a combined 9 points.

Tomlin made the playoffs with QBs like Wilson. Flacco looked washed up with the Jets and took the Browns to the playoffs last year. Salah couldnt make it work. Hes a bad HC and a good DC

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1