Trouble brewing in Philly?

55 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I guess proof-reading isn’t a thing anymore, huh?

😬

Yeah, spell checking should be a Thing.  But the "ridiculous" bit about maybe drawing a DPI, that was a Tom Brady special - taking a deep shot that really maybe didn't have a great chance to be caught, drawing the DPI, extending the drive to score and win.

16 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Once Tua showed a little bit of promise at Bama, Saban couldn't get Hurts out of town fast enough......makes me wonder if he was a little bit of a cancer.

I mean, that's a helluva spin.  After Tua came into the game and led them to victory in 2017, Hurts remained on the team for a year in 2018, saw significant playing time, and led the Tide to a comeback victory for the SEC championship.  Understandably after being benched and yo-yoing playing time, Hurts had finished his degree so he left to go somewhere he could play without question. 

It's a reasonable question who left whom, and Hurts did have a damned good year with Oklahoma.

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Hurts is so overrated it’s crazy.

But did you know he can squat 600 lbs and bench press 500?

Edited by Beck Water

Hurts isn't a bad QB. If anything, I think he's a bit of an overachiever actually. He is one of the top 20 QB's in the league. He has some insane talent around him though. AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and now Saquon. In college he was good, but not great at Alabama. He transferred to OU and Lincoln Riley turned him into a draftable, Day 2 QB pick. He's worked really hard in the NFL to get where he is. Good for him. I don't expect him to ever be some HOF QB or anything, but he's solid. 

Edited by H2o

6 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

- Hurts needs a good supporting cast to be successful but he appears to be a good guy 

- Sirianni is an a**hat

- The writer of that article needs to learn how to use a spell check feature

In the spirit of finding any opportunity to take a shot at the dolphins, I know another QB and head coach that can be subbed into the first two bullets.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Billl said:

I get the impression that Hurts is similar to Russell Wilson in that he’s probably a pretty good person but not really a great teammate. He just doesn’t seem to have it as a leader. 

On a different note, congrats to the author of this article for spelling several words correctly. I’m assuming English is his 15th language. 

Seriously, WTH with the grammar and misspellings? Does a 3rd grader have a summer internship with SI?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

As I currently live in Philly, something I'll no doubt see a lot of hand wringing about over the coming months, and it could get very interesting depending how the Iggles look coming out of the gate this season. Looks like some trouble in paradise brewing before the start of the new season after their pretty epic meltdown last year (btw, still mad we and the refs gave away that game!).

I've never understood the "elite" that others see in Hurt's game, and his leadership/maturity which has been touted as one of his strongest traits now comes into question for me as well. Don't get me wrong, Sirianni is a huge d-bag, but this is not what you want to hear from your $255 mil starting quarterback after a little adversity. 

Eagles Jalen Hurts Has Interesting Response To Innocuous Question About Nick Sirianni

That article has so many spelling mistakes it’s obvious it’s just an AI article. Makes the local newspaper look good. 

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

- Hurts needs a good supporting cast to be successful but he appears to be a good guy 

- Sirianni is an a**hat

- The writer of that article needs to learn how to use a spell check feature

I thought I was having a stroke when reading that. Letters left out or switched around……

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, that's a helluva spin.  After Tua came into the game and led them to victory in 2017, Hurts remained on the team for a year in 2018, saw significant playing time, and led the Tide to a comeback victory for the SEC championship.  Understandably after being benched and yo-yoing playing time, Hurts had finished his degree so he left to go somewhere he could play without question. 

It's a reasonable question who left whom, and Hurts did have a damned good year with Oklahoma.

But did you know he can squat 600 lbs and bench press 500?

Obviously, i don't know the story from behind the scenes, but i can only assume that Hurts didn't want to play 2nd fiddle behind Tua and wanted to be "the man" for whatever team he could play for......which was Oklahoma, where he had zero competition nipping at his heels.

56 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Obviously, i don't know the story from behind the scenes, but i can only assume that Hurts didn't want to play 2nd fiddle behind Tua and wanted to be "the man" for whatever team he could play for......which was Oklahoma, where he had zero competition nipping at his heels.

I mean - you're trying to win but you also DO want to get scouted and go pro.  It's a lot harder to do that when you're not playing. 

On 6/11/2024 at 12:33 PM, K-9 said:

image.jpeg.c80a527f0f6e6727c535b144ff957389.jpeg

I chuckled.

The reading into the few words spoken by Hurts is a massive reach.  

I really don't get what's so bad here.  They poked and prodded, trying to get a response out of Jalen and he gave them nothing.  

On 6/11/2024 at 6:23 PM, SirAndrew said:

Sirrianni is the real issue imo. He doesn’t come across as a professional who can lead an NFL locker room. He’s more east coast suburban sports dad. 

I question any coach that favors their 3rd down RB over their star in key situations.

I mean seriously, what is Sirianni's infatuation with Kenneth Gainwell?  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.