Trouble brewing in Philly?

As I currently live in Philly, something I'll no doubt see a lot of hand wringing about over the coming months, and it could get very interesting depending how the Iggles look coming out of the gate this season. Looks like some trouble in paradise brewing before the start of the new season after their pretty epic meltdown last year (btw, still mad we and the refs gave away that game!).

I've never understood the "elite" that others see in Hurt's game, and his leadership/maturity which has been touted as one of his strongest traits now comes into question for me as well. Don't get me wrong, Sirianni is a huge d-bag, but this is not what you want to hear from your $255 mil starting quarterback after a little adversity. 

Eagles Jalen Hurts Has Interesting Response To Innocuous Question About Nick Sirianni

Edited by Kincaid Kool-Aid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

As I currently live in Philly, something I'll no doubt see a lot of hand wringing about over the coming months, and it could get very interesting depending how the Iggles look coming out of the gate this season. Looks like some trouble in paradise brewing before the start of the new season after their pretty epic meltdown last year (btw, still mad we and the refs gave away that game!).

I've never understood the "elite" that others see in Hurt's game, and his leadership/character which has been touted as one of his strongest traits now comes into question for as well. Don't get me wrong, Sirianni is a huge d-bag, but this is not what you want to hear from your $255 mil starting quarterback after a little adversity. 

Eagles Jalen Hurts Has Interesting Response To Innocuous Question About Nick Sirianni

I think Steichen and even Gannon were great hires by Sirianni, and when they left it really hurt the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

I get the impression that Hurts is similar to Russell Wilson in that he’s probably a pretty good person but not really a great teammate. He just doesn’t seem to have it as a leader. 

On a different note, congrats to the author of this article for spelling several words correctly. I’m assuming English is his 15th language. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

I've never understood the "elite" that others see in Hurt's game, and his leadership/character which has been touted as one of his strongest traits now comes into question for me as well. Don't get me wrong, Sirianni is a huge d-bag, but this is not what you want to hear from your $255 mil starting quarterback after a little adversity. 

There are 2 massive problems in Philly:

#1 Sirianni is a terrible coach

#2 Jalen Hurts may not be a franchise QB

It would not surprise me if that 2022 SB appearance is the furthest they ever get with those two on-board.

They have an EXTREMELY talents roster on paper and they completely fell apart last season. They will regret not firing Sirianni last year and bringing in a new voice for that locker room. If they are .500 or worse through the first half of the season, I think Nick is donezo.

They sorta Chargered themselves. Everyone knew Staley was a dead man walking and it ended up wasting a year of a talented group.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There are 2 massive problems in Philly:

#1 Sirianni is a terrible coach

#2 Jalen Hurts may not be a franchise QB

It would not surprise me if that 2022 SB appearance is the furthest they ever get with those two on-board.

They have an EXTREMELY talents roster on paper and they completely fell apart last season. They will regret not firing Sirianni last year and bringing in a new voice for that locker room. If they are .500 or worse through the first half of the season, I think Nick is donezo.

They sorta Chargered themselves. Everyone knew Staley was a dead man walking and it ended up wasting a year of a talented group.

I don't think Philly even makes the playoffs.

I agree about Hurts too.  If I was a top HC prospect, I wouldn't go to Philly with Hurts contract.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think Philly even makes the playoffs.

I agree about Hurts too.  If I was a top HC prospect, I wouldn't go to Philly with Hurts contract.

It will either be them or Dallas who wins the NFCE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Philly went on their losing skid at the end of the season because both the O and the D collapsed.  

They allowed over 30 ppg in their 1-5 skid. 

They scored a mere 20.5 in their 1-5 skid.  

No team is going to win many games playing like that.  

When it's an entire team collapse, apart from perhaps a player or two, it's typically on the coach.  

Could be both.  Hurts isn't a good playoff QB.  He's only somewhat better than Lamar Jackson in the playoffs.  He hasn't been singularly responsible for one playoff win, unlike Allen for example.  

39 minutes ago, Billl said:

I get the impression that Hurts is similar to Russell Wilson in that he’s probably a pretty good person but not really a great teammate. He just doesn’t seem to have it as a leader. 

On a different note, congrats to the author of this article for spelling several words correctly. I’m assuming English is his 15th language. 

I mean, imagine being smart enough to speak 15 languages, but choosing to use your time to write articles about how Jalen Hurts answers questions at OTAs. That is a true fan, right there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hurts is a weird guy.  He looks like he has dead eyes are something sometime.  Gives me the creeps.

They are paying premium money to a qb, rb and wr with a terrible head coach.  They are trying to save him with fangio and Kellen Moore.

Its pretty funny to me that The eagles fanbase and media's whole experience/existence is to crap on Everything Dallas and then this season they hired a bunch of former cowboys coaches in Kellen Moore, Doug Mussmeier and Kyle Valero.  

Its a weird offensive coaching staff, the head coach is an offense guy and his closest guys to him on the staff in prominent offensive coaching positions but then hires moore as OC and Nussmeier as QB coach the two most important offensive positions.

Seems they are going to rebound big this season with a revamped defense and staff or really have a rough year and everyone gets fired.

1 hour ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

I've never understood the "elite" that others see in Hurt's game, and his leadership/maturity which has been touted as one of his strongest traits now comes into question for me as well. Don't get me wrong, Sirianni is a huge d-bag, but this is not what you want to hear from your $255 mil starting quarterback after a little adversity. 

- Hurts needs a good supporting cast to be successful but he appears to be a good guy 

- Sirianni is an a**hat

- The writer of that article needs to learn how to use a spell check feature

I guess proof-reading isn’t a thing anymore, huh?

Whatever it is, Sirianni is a palyer's coach and is always willing to fall on his sword for hs players. Evidene of that was last year in Seattle when Hurts and A.J. Brown went off script and tried for a deep completion on a pivotal fourth-down play late in what became a loss to the Seahawks.

Sirianni infamously said something about a deep shot like that perhaps drawqing a pass interference call. It sounded ridiculous at the time, and it turned out it was jut the coachi covering for his playes in the heat of the moment.

😬 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Hurts is a weird guy.  He looks like he has dead eyes are something sometime.  Gives me the creeps

Totally agree. Marvin Harrison Sr. was the same way. 

They are just reading into answers and trying to extract as much controversy as they can. Just sports media being sports media.

That being said, I'm glad we have Josh Allen and not Jalen Hurts.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.