Trouble brewing in Philly?

On 6/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, Playoffs? said:

In the spirit of finding any opportunity to take a shot at the dolphins, I know another QB and head coach that can be subbed into the first two bullets.

I agree but, I will grant that McDaniel (despite my initial impressions) appears to be a decent football coach

On 6/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, Billl said:

On a different note, congrats to the author of this article for spelling several words correctly. I’m assuming English is his 15th language. 

The spelling and grammar mistakes in this article were jarring.  No excuse in these days of spell check and autocorrect. It's your *****in' job, fer cryin' out loud!!

Kind of how Hurts comes across in almost every interview/press conference of his I have seen. Not sharp and specific in his answers usually and doesn't seem either candid or insightful.

A sharp contrast with our own QB--sharp, honest, candid, and specific when talking about football (though not about certain players, as he won't throw anyone under the bus, like Hurts did last year).

The Eagles became a mess last year, one of the worst teams in football, in my estimation.

Will be interesting to see how their defense and Hurts perform early in the season.  If not well, then  Sirianni is gone before Thanksgiving.

As someone who has family ties to an employee who worked directly for Nick with the Eagles - he is an #######.  He blames others when things go wrong, just not a fun guy to be around.  Losing his OC and DC right after the Super Bowl killed the teams leadership core.  Nick could fall back on those guys to handle things he wasn't capable of.

I dont think Nick lasts much longer with that group

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Sirianni is fine as a coach, I'm just not sold on Hurts.

No, I don't think he's bad. Honestly, the Eagles defense has been the biggest issue imo.

But Hurts doesn't really seem to be a good leader, and he's not quite good enough to put the team on his back & carry them when needed.

1 hour ago, Marlton Bills said:

Dinic’s in Reading terminal market has a really good pork and rabe sandwich. 

Can confirm. Also John's Roast Pork.

12 hours ago, Marlton Bills said:

Depends on where you are going for your cheesesteak 

Agreed. Locals here eat plenty of Cheesesteaks, they just tend to avoid the tourist traps like Geno's and Pat's like the plague. Best I've had so far is at Angelo's Pizzeria.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:29 AM, Beck Water said:

I agree but, I will grant that McDaniel (despite my initial impressions) appears to be a decent football coach

He’s a smart offensive mind. But something is missing that will put that team over the top. QB is a big one, but the whole team has collapsed in both his seasons as HC

On 6/11/2024 at 10:27 AM, thenorthremembers said:

The author of the article needs to slow down and not misspell so many words.   The editor of the site, if there is one, needs to do their job.  

On 6/12/2024 at 5:36 AM, Snappysnackcakes said:

Seriously, WTH with the grammar and misspellings? Does a 3rd grader have a summer internship with SI?

On 6/12/2024 at 5:49 AM, Maynard said:

I thought I was having a stroke when reading that. Letters left out or switched around……

On 6/13/2024 at 6:14 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

The spelling and grammar mistakes in this article were jarring.  No excuse in these days of spell check and autocorrect. It's your *****in' job, fer cryin' out loud!!

The spelling and grammar everywhere are jarring. I'm not convinced that there's enough editing going on at the Buffalo News or the Rochester D&C. And ProFootballTalk has a very low standard for spelling and grammar... shameful for an enterprise that makes as much money as they do. Florio's no better than many of the corporations he rails against.

On 6/12/2024 at 5:39 AM, Breakout Squad said:

That article has so many spelling mistakes it’s obvious it’s just an AI article. Makes the local newspaper look good. 

Actually AI-generated stuff is very excellent with spelling.

AI is used in the medical and legal fields and media outlets should make more use of it in order to better edit their products.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.