Keon Coleman Slow Jokes

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Was he running a straight line?

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I have never once said that.

As for your other point - The angle at which he ran resulted in a displacement vector of a few yards additional. I can break this down for you if you’d really like, but please PM me if so, I don’t want to derail this thread any more than I already have. If you’re in the Rochester area, I also have office hours at the University.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

You either didn’t comprehend what I wrote, or you do not have enough respect for what I said and the forum that you are posting on. Either way, not okay.

I asked you this hours ago-  was he running a straight line.  

I know this is top secret information and all so you can PM me all the tasty morsels so I can become more educated?  Pretty please.  I want to be smart too!!

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Last night, even with a compromised start and a bad angle, I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick run him down with no problem.

I think the injuries have robbed Hall of some of his speed.

Yes, he’s considered slow now too!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Because it’s human nature to bully those who disagree with you and won’t back down from what they know is true. 

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Uh, yes, they are. lol.

A persons terminal velocity during a run is the velocity they reach at their peak. It is quite literally their TERMINAL velocity. 

YOU, as a lay person pretending to do physics, arguing against someone who does physics every day, are likely thinking that terminal velocity is related to the max speed in free fall - because that’s what popular culture taught you.

You are very lost. The correct equation is v = v0 + a * t, not v = a * t. You’re ignoring the initial velocity entirely, which is basic physics 101. The stumbler starts with an initial velocity  and that’s not wiped out by a brief stumble. lYou can’t just handwave away initial velocity and focus on acceleration. Your argument falls apart because you’re misunderstanding the fundamentals of motion. But even if you did, acceleration can be compared across two people simply by equaling the equations.

We do know that. Then we can take the rate of change in Coleman from his get off to when he catches the ball, OR post stumble (after regaining). Which is what I did. Then we can compare it to during and after the stumble.

some of you either never passed physics, or took it 20 years ago, and remember nothing. This is ridiculous. Like clockwork though, they will continue arguing.

You clap hard at people, they clap back and know what they are talking about and you play the victim.  You dodge questions when you're trapped. This happens to you in so many threads because of your arrogance when you shouldn't have any.  

You're an adult, not a child, stop bringing up bullying on an internet message board.

You bring this onto yourself.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I asked you this hours ago-  was he running a straight

PM me and I’m happy to share exactly how you can calculate everything for yourself and I’ll also show you my work. I have free software Incan link you to as well, which makes the graphics and curve fits much easier (less manual work).

I’m working on not destroying threads with information most people don’t care for - which, yes, I understand has already happened - But i’m not going to make it worse.

This will be my last post in this thread but I am happy and willing to help you learn (and anybody else who is interested) if you’re genuinely interested in gaining a valuable skill and increasing your knowledge. A strong grasp of physics and maths will benefit you for a lifetime. If we get enough people who show interest, I’ll start a group PM. Long story short - PM me. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You clap hard at people, they clap back and know what they are talking about and you play the victim.  You dodge questions when you're trapped. This happens to you in so many threads because of your arrogance when you shouldn't have any.  

You're an adult, not a child, stop bringing up bullying on an internet message board.

You bring this onto yourself.

This wasn’t me “clapping” (I assume this means insulting!?) anyone. This was giving direct and honest interpretation of what was occurring. None of what I said was meant to hurt anyone. It was meant as a direct reflection of what was causing their trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This wasn’t me “clapping” (I assume this means insulting!?) anyone. This was giving direct and honest interpretation of what was occurring. None of what I said was meant to hurt anyone. It was meant as a direct reflection of what was causing their trouble. 

So @syhuang and @TurfToeJam are wrong? 

I just read through like 8 pages of this thread where you were trying to school people, its pretty convenient that now at this particular moment, you don't want to derail it.

On another note, Diggs wasn't slow but he also got caught from behind on his long passes as well. Maybe it was just me, but I often wondered why we didn't see footrace td passes with him like we do with other top wrs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

I just read through like 8 pages of this thread where you were trying to school people, its pretty convenient that now at this particular moment, you don't want to derail it.

On another note, Diggs wasn't slow but he also got caught from behind on his long passes as well. Maybe it was just me, but I often wondered why we didn't see footrace td passes with him like we do with other top wrs. 

Bingo

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So @syhuang and @TurfToeJam are wrong? 

Are you joking? (not a “clap” - a question). If I have not been clear enough - Yes, they are wrong. Indubitably. They are the type of people who know just enough physics to be dangerous. This means that they know enough to haphazard a response, but not enough to realize that they are wrong. This happens because of the old saying “you don’t know what you don’t know”. That is the most dangerous combo there is, because these people are confident in their wrong answer and also confident enough to get people like you to believe them. 

You are also welcome to PM me and learn something. I won’t hold anything against you. By the end of the second lesson you’ll be making an apology post (if you are an honest person).

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Are you joking? (not a “clap” - a question). If I have not been clear enough - Yes, they are wrong. Indubitably. They are the type of people who know just enough physics to be dangerous. This means that they know enough to haphazard a response, but not enough to realize that they are wrong. This happens because of the old saying “you don’t know what you don’t know”. That is the most dangerous combo there is, because these people are confident in their wrong answer and also confident enough to get people like you to believe them. 

Actually my degree is in mechanical engineering.  But ok.  Point out where I'm wrong please.

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This will be my last post in this thread

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If I have not been clear enough.....

But, but, but..... you promised?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This will be my last post in this thread but I am happy and willing to help you learn (and anybody else who is interested) if you’re genuinely interested in gaining a valuable skill and increasing your knowledge. A strong grasp of physics and maths will benefit you for a lifetime. If we get enough people who show interest, I’ll start a group PM. Long story short - PM me. 

So much for wishful thinking...

• Like (+1) 1

He wasn’t trying to run fast. He was playing football. Even if you argue that the math is calculated properly, you run faster in a straight line than in an arc. Oh, and I’ll argue that looking back to see where the defenders were behind him led him to go further left. That would slow him down to look back, but he gained a lot of extra yards because of it. It’s football, not track. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

He wasn’t trying to run fast. He was playing football. Even if you argue that the math is calculated properly, you run faster in a straight line than in an arc. Oh, and I’ll argue that looking back to see where the defenders were behind him led him to go further left. That would slow him down to look back, but he gained a lot of extra yards because of it. It’s football, not track. 

Like so many posts that have preceded it, the math is provided because it "supports" a confirmation bias, not because there is anything fantastically meaningful underpinning it... do you think if Coleman's ridiculous "extrapolated 40 time" was 4.49 he would have posted it?

3 minutes ago, transient said:

Like so many posts that have preceded it, the math is provided because it "supports" a confirmation bias, not because there is anything fantastically meaningful underpinning it... do you think if Coleman's ridiculous "extrapolated 40 time" was 4.49 he would have posted it?

I was hoping for a little flash of tax return, but it looks like that’s not going to happen now.  😊

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I was hoping for a little flash of tax return, but it looks like that’s not going to happen now.  😊

Speaking of, is it me or is the "come to my physics office hours" a bit of a disconnect with that return? I suppose one can teach and own/run a company, but ultimately, if I'm being honest, something deep inside of me just screams... wtf?!?!

1 minute ago, transient said:

Speaking of, is it me or is the "come to my physics office hours" a bit of a disconnect with that return? I suppose one can teach and own/run a company, but ultimately, if I'm being honest, something deep inside of me just screams... wtf?!?!

I have to admit, I saw no need to take it that deep. Although I love it when he shows his work.  😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

It’s never a good idea to debate with people who do not have the base understanding to know when they are wrong. Without the base conceptual knowledge, they will just continue to argue on and on. We both knew better than to try.

Butchering physics equations, not understanding what terminal velocity, not realizing that velocity is at its weakest during acceleration. On and on. Goodness, they don’t even realize that they’re contradicting themselves. Out of one side of their mouth they’re saying he was only slow because he stumbled. Then on the other side of the mouth, they’re using a mile per hour instantaneous velocity stat (that they don’t understand), to claim that he was fast. They don’t know what instantaneous velocity even is! They don’t understand how that differs from speed over the course of  a run. It’s all so frustrating because they will argue nonstop while simultaneously being very wrong, but they don’t have the conceptual knowledge to realize that they’re wrong, so they just continue going on.

I am always trying to learn something. So if someone has something to teach me, I am ready to accept that they are right. But most posters in this thread show that they don’t actually want to know what’s right, they just want to win an argument. 

Long story short: Leave them to their wrongness. I should have done so in the beginning.

Terminal velocity is defined as the maximum velocity of an object falling through a fluid, professor.  Nobody talks about terminal instantaneous velocity except you.  Best heed your own advice about learning and stop trying to teach nonsense.

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Terminal velocity is defined as the maximum velocity of an object falling through a fluid, professor.  Nobody talks about terminal instantaneous velocity except you.  Best heed your own advice about learning and stop trying to teach nonsense.

hashtag physics

icegif-1178.gif