Keon Coleman Slow Jokes

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was caught from behind in an open field.  Is that what you said?  Yes it was.

One example. Great job. Keon has a history of being slow. No idea why everyone wants to act like all the sudden he’s not when it’s clear as day that he is. It’s idiotic. 

I guess I don't care if Coleman is "fast" though it depends on how you want to define "fast."  10 yard dash?  40 yard dash?  100  yard dash?  Shuttle speed?  "Football speed" (whatever that means)?

Steve Largent reportedly ran a 4.7 forty and still ended up in the HOF.

I care if Coleman (1) can create separation, and (2) not get caught from behind.  And I care about #1 more than #2.  

I think we're still learning about both of these.  

If he can put up more 100+ yard games, I'm happy no matter how slow he may be.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

One example. Great job. Keon has a history of being slow. No idea why everyone wants to act like all the sudden he’s not when it’s clear as day that he is. It’s idiotic. 

No one said he's fast, we know that.  But he's not slow.  You just want to hold onto that.  He's not quick but is top end speed isn't bad.

Its idiotic not to take his stumble into consideration.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

You know what’s funny is the fact that Cook is actually slower than Coleman.  Yes - different position but who woulda thought.  

Do you have proof of this “fact”?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No one said he's fast, we know that.  But he's not slow.  You just want to hold onto that.  He's not quick but is top end speed isn't bad.

Its idiotic not to take his stumble into consideration.  

Theres more than one play he was caught from behind. Even with the stumble that you assume isn’t being considered he still runs slow.

He’s not quick, he’s not fast (your words) than what else is there? Linebackers caught up to him.

Hes the WR version of Devin Singletary. Can do things well but is slow. That’s ok. A player like that can produce in the league. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

34 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He’s slow because he is slow compared to other football players, college and pros. It’s why he gets caught from behind. Idgaf what his 40 time is if he runs slow on the field compared to other players. 

If his gauntlet was so elite why is he caught from behind twice? Because the gauntlet isn’t a football game it’s a drill. He’s still slow on the field. Why does he struggle to separate unless coverage is blown? Because he’s slow. He may be able to break tackles and get yards after the catch but he’s still slow. Anyone with functioning eyes can see it. 

good grief.  Only “slow” players get caught from behind on a football field while carrying a ball and also trying to set up defenders.  Did you see him running straight with no one ahead of him?  Or did you see him juke 2 times while trying to get to the end zone.  

Gaining separation isn’t strictly a speed thing.

Again, he’s not fast.  No one is claiming he is, but he is fast enough to be a good WR.  

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Breece Hall is slow too.

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was caught from behind in an open field.  Is that what you said?  Yes it was.

Yes it was 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

good grief.  Only “slow” players get caught from behind on a football field while carrying a ball and also trying to set up defenders.  Did you see him running straight with no one ahead of him?  Or did you see him juke 2 times while trying to get to the end zone.  

Gaining separation isn’t strictly a speed thing.

Again, he’s not fast.  No one is claiming he is, but he is fast enough to be a good WR.  

Yes it was 

A sports magazine did an experiment to see if players ran faster with or with out the ball in their hands a while back. A bills wr or two were used in it. They used their combine 40 and had them run another with and with out the ball. Every single one ran faster with the ball in their hands. 

Yes I did say he was caught from behind twice. That’s not the be all and end all of speed. It’s just one of many ways to determine it. However if someone is consistently caught from behind like Coleman that shows a lack of speed. Royale using one breece hall run where he clearly ran out of steam when there’s plenty of Breece runs where he pulls away from defenders proves nothing. 

I never said he doesn’t have enough to be a productive player. Theres lots of slow players that had long careers. That doesn’t change the fact that they’re slow. They had other ways to be productive. 

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

A sports magazine did an experiment to see if players ran faster with or with out the ball in their hands a while back. A bills wr or two were used in it. They used their combine 40 and had them run another with and with out the ball. Every single one ran faster with the ball in their hands. 

Yes I did say he was caught from behind twice. That’s not the be all and end all of speed. It’s just one of many ways to determine it. However if someone is consistently caught from behind like Coleman that shows a lack of speed. Royale using one breece hall run where he clearly ran out of steam when there’s plenty of Breece runs where he pulls away from defenders proves nothing. 

I never said he doesn’t have enough to be a productive player. Theres lots of slow players that had long careers. That doesn’t change the fact that they’re slow. They had other ways to be productive. 

You know what else causes you to lose steam?  Stumbling and regaining your balance while on a sprint.  

Why are you taking into consideration of only Hall running out of steam?  The defensive players have to turn their hips to run the other direction to catch up to Hall.

There are plenty of other examples of runners who can break a 60,70, 80 yard runs all the way to the endzone.

• Like (+1) 1

He is not fast.  But he is not slow either.  The slant wouldn't have gone as far if he was as slow as many joke.  Coleman is one of the best Bills receivers with the ball in his hands in recent memory.  Him as the single wr in 22 or 13  will be very impact full.  Big improvement over MVS in the package.    

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I’m not sure I believe that story; I’d like to look at the details. 

did the players start in a sprinters stance?  Or were they standing up?  Or did the have a running start?

Why did they use the combine 40 instead of running a no ball 40 on the same track?

It just doesn’t make sense. 

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m not sure I believe that story; I’d like to look at the details. 

did the players start in a sprinters stance?  Or were they standing up?  Or did the have a running start?

Why did they use the combine 40 instead of running a no ball 40 on the same track?

It just doesn’t make sense. 

They used combine 40 and had them run another with and with out the ball. They may have ran more. It was ESPN the magazine. 

How does a player running with and with out a ball not make sense? 

edit. Quick google search doesn’t find the article but the AI thing says the opposite. Says you run faster without the ball. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Players run faster on the football field rather than the 40- copy-  edge Keon.

how many times have you seen Keon Coleman get caught from behind while running straight with the ball.  From behind…..not on an angle.  

when I watch Keon on the field, I see an explosive physical WR that consistently makes big plays.  I don’t see “slow”.  I don’t see fast either.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do you have proof of this “fact”?

Theres more than one play he was caught from behind. Even with the stumble that you assume isn’t being considered he still runs slow.

He’s not quick, he’s not fast (your words) than what else is there? Linebackers caught up to him.

Hes the WR version of Devin Singletary. Can do things well but is slow. That’s ok. A player like that can produce in the league. 

JAMES COOK

The Bills Mafia is onto something when they say, “Let James Cook!” He had 3 touchdowns during the last Bills game against the Miami Dolphins. For one of those touchdowns, Cook was recorded reaching a speed of up to 21 mph, per NexGen stats. 

That marks the fastest top speed on a play of Cook’s career. 

Read More: This Buffalo Bill Is The Fastest One On The Team | https://wyrk.com/fastest-bill-james-cook/#?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

KEON COLEMAN

He clocked a remarkable speed of 20.36 mph, outrunning even Nacua’s performance from the previous year.

Among his competitors, Coleman stood out by registering the second-fastest speed in group drills.

He delivered an astounding performance by peaking at 21.71 mph while running a go route.

https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2024/03/04/nfl-player-tracking-data-highlights-keon-colemans-impressive-speed/

Yes - Not the underwear Olympics everyone is enamored with, but real pads on game speed.

Lets fire up the “James Cook Slow Jokes” thread 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am so sick of this. He isn't a 4.3 or less guy, who cares?  He is quick, Big, and Physical. I don't give a damn he didn't take that pass all the way, he went 57 damn yards with it and that's great.  I want him to work on better separation and get bigger and stronger and just beat the ever loving **** out of DB's.  Take the ball away on contested balls, break a tackle and take it for additional yardage. I want him to be more powerful in the endzone so he wins those catches. THAT is his game folks, it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

JAMES COOK

The Bills Mafia is onto something when they say, “Let James Cook!” He had 3 touchdowns during the last Bills game against the Miami Dolphins. For one of those touchdowns, Cook was recorded reaching a speed of up to 21 mph, per NexGen stats. 

Read More: This Buffalo Bill Is The Fastest One On The Team | https://wyrk.com/fastest-bill-james-cook/#?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

KEON COLEMAN

He clocked a remarkable speed of 20.36 mph, outrunning even Nacua’s performance from the previous year.

Among his competitors, Coleman stood out by registering the second-fastest speed in group drills.

He delivered an astounding performance by peaking at 21.71 mph while running a go route.

https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2024/03/04/nfl-player-tracking-data-highlights-keon-colemans-impressive-speed/

Yes - Not the underwear Olympics everyone is enamored with, but real pads on game speed.

This is instantaneous velocity. NOT speed over the course of a route.

They are NOT THE SAME THING.

Some offensive linemen have a terminal instantaneous velocity of 18/-19mph. Equivalent of a 4.3 to 4.5 second 40 yard dash. No, they’re not as fast as WR’s. They just have a high instantaneous velocity at peaks. 

I hate that the NFL publishes these stats without telling people what they actually mean.

Frustrated Head GIF

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I am so sick of this. He isn't a 4.3 or less guy, who cares?  He is quick, Big, and Physical.

This is what some of have been advocating! But others refuse to believe he is anything but a speed demon lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

JAMES COOK

KEON COLEMAN

Your Coleman stat was from a drill in the underwear Olympics. Cook was from an actual game. 

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Frustrated Head GIF

But others refuse to believe he is anything but a speed demon lol.

which others are claiming that he’s a speed demon?  The guy above who said he’s faster than James Cook, which would just show your inability to read between the lines - common sense says he’s just getting the point across that Keon isn’t slow…. But nowhere suggests that he’s a “speed demon”.

if there are other instances of this, please show us.

no one thinks he’s a speed demon.