Keon Coleman Slow Jokes

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

The stumble and needing to get back up to speed slowed him down significantly. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Doc said:

If he doesnt stumble thats an easy td. 

Im honestly shocked how he isnt being talked about more. He is progressing nicely and if he continues to develop like this and amari gets familiar with the offense we could be a force in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can’t tell if you’re joking.

I said that calculation was taken AFTER he stumbled and regained his composure. It was a 4.99 second per 40 yard run AFTER he was back running, post stumble.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

today we learned it’s an apple-to-apple comparison between extrapolated 40-yard time in game with pads on and 40-yard time in combine and pro day without pads.😆

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, syhuang said:

today we learned it’s an apple-to-apple comparison between extrapolated 40-yard time in game with pads on and 40-yard time in combine and pro day without pads.😆

Especially as he slowed down while looking behind him and kind of changing his angle to try and avoid being tackled...it wasn't fully in a straight line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He’s a football player, not sure why people want to defend his slower straight line speed, also not sure why people want to continue to point it out as though the world doesn’t understand his slow 40 time.

The kid is showing exactly why it doesn’t matter, he has other skills that if worked on and polished can allow him to reach WR1 status.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t think anyone is hating on him. We are saying that yes, he’s slow, but he makes up for it in other ways. He played well today.

Keon as others have accurately said will be a very good WR2 for his career. He'll never have the route separation to be a WR1 but he'll have a higher catch ratio than Gabe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do understand how this is even a debate.  You don’t have anywhere the burst after stumbling.  
Its easy to tell on here ones who are not athletes.

I mean sure, if Coleman had to run 100 yards to get the TD, he gets caught...

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do understand how this is even a debate.  You don’t have anywhere the burst after stumbling.  
Its easy to tell on here ones who are not athletes.

Reading comprehension is at an all time low on this board, goodness gracious. 

Again:

1) The 40 time was taken AFTER he stumbled and regained composure.

2) All 40 times start from rest. Aka, the equivalent of the period you would have directly after a stumble.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I mean sure, if Coleman had to run 100 yards to get the TD, he gets caught...

Math says you’re wrong but i’m guessing you wouldn’t believed it even I showed you. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Again:

1) The 40 time was taken AFTER he stumbled and regained composure and was fully running again.

2) All 40 times start from rest. Aka, the equivalent of the period you would have directly after a stumble.

I think people are saying you don’t have your max speed/burst/energy etc after fighting off a tackle and stumbling for awhile and then running an immediate 40 with no break not really in a super straight line while you avoid tackles right after lol

a 40 yard dash you’re starting fresh from scratch…it doesn’t really compare that clean.  
Those little things can add up to you being off by multiple tenths of seconds which is huge in a 40

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Again:

1) The 40 time was taken AFTER he stumbled and regained composure and was fully running again.

Mensa…full of ****

Are you seriously saying an athlete in a track stance is equivalent to a guy stumbling getting up to speed?  The first 3-5 steps are the most important.  The push off is everything.

I have been professionally trained to run a 40.  Have you?  I was a sports training facility being coached by a former Olympian.  I was in the same speed training group with former MLB player Eric Young and Georgia Tech RB Joe Burns.

Tell me what your experience in the 40 is.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think people are saying you don’t have your max speed/burst/energy etc after fighting off a tackle and stumbling for awhile and then running an immediate 40 with no break not really in a super straight line while you avoid tackles right after lol

a 40 yard dash you’re starting fresh from scratch…it doesn’t really compare that clean.  
Those little things can add up to you being off by multiple tenths of seconds which is huge in a 40

You start in a track stance because its the fastest way to do it.  Stumbling and getting up to speed is equivalent lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mensa…full of ****

Are you seriously saying an athlete in a track stance is equivalent to a guy stumbling getting up to speed?  The first 3-5 steps are the most important.  The push off is everything.

For the 4th time:

And. That. Is. Why. The. Calculation. Was. Done. AFTER! He. Regained. Composure. And. Was. Running. Again.

Not immediately after he was done stumbling.

Physics and Math can explain anything on earth that is scalar or vector-driven.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think people are saying you don’t have your max speed/burst/energy etc after fighting off a tackle and stumbling for awhile 

Yeah they’re assuming that because they’re not reading what i’m writing. Instead they’re jumping to defend. I took that into consideration, as I stated in the very first post on the 40 time. 

It either went over their head or they just skimmed the post in haste to respond.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

For the 4th time:

And. That. Is. Why. The. Calculation. Was. Done. AFTER! He. Regained. Composure. And. Was. Running. Again.

Not immediately after he was done stumbling.

He is getting the same push off after he regained his composure than a guy starting in a track stance?  Lol

• Haha (+1) 1