Keon Coleman Slow Jokes

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

which others are claiming that he’s a speed demon?  The guy above who said he’s faster than James Cook, which would just show your inability to read between the lines - common sense says he’s just getting the point across that Keon isn’t slow…. But nowhere suggests that he’s a “speed demon”.

if there are other instances of this, please show us.

no one thinks he’s a speed demon.  

Yep.  

It's a completely disingenuous statement.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

which others are claiming that he’s a speed demon?  The guy above who said he’s faster than James Cook, which would just show your inability to read between the lines - common sense says he’s just getting the point across that Keon isn’t slow…. But nowhere suggests that he’s a “speed demon”.

if there are other instances of this, please show us.

no one thinks he’s a speed demon.  

It’s called hyperbole. The thread is littered with pages and pages of people trying to explain away the slow speed at which he ran by his stumble. Which the math shows is not why he was so slow. did it make him slower? Yes. but it’s not the reason why he was slow in general.

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s called hyperbole. The thread is littered with pages and pages of people trying to explain away the slow speed at which he ran by his stumble. Which the math shows is not why he was so slow. did it make him slower? Yes. but it’s not the reason why he was slow in

The next gen stats use sensors which I believe take into account the player's speed with direction.  Quite accurate.  

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/technology/nfl-next-gen-stats/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think this whole thread could be said as:

Keon may be fast and have a high top speed.  But he may not be able to maintain top speed over long distances.

He may have incredible burst acceleration or maybe great ability to change directions or etc etc...

Just cause he doesn't have the ability to outrun other players over long distances (live mvs) doesn't mean he is slow not that he can't succeed in NFL.   

Best real world example:  a 1/4 mile car drag race.  The winner of the drag race often is not the car who achieved the highest top speed.

Edited by TurfToeJam
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

All this arguing and nobody pointed out the gigantic flaw in your calculation that he wasn't running in a straight line?

After his stumble he moved to the right side of the hash mark and then back to the middle of the field.  At no point in time was he running in a straight line like in the 40 yard dash.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7zi5eAu_JQY?si=y4bi4O0UQMW11CWg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Royale using one breece hall run where he clearly ran out of steam when there’s plenty of Breece runs where he pulls away from defenders proves nothing. 

Last night, even with a compromised start and a bad angle, I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick run him down with no problem.

I think the injuries have robbed Hall of some of his speed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

For someone claims he is so smart than others, let's get one fact straight, do you agree or disagree Coleman didn't run straight line parallel to sideline after he stumbled? It's pretty clear to me that when he stumbled, he was around left hash mark and he was in the right side of the right hash mark in the end. Not sure if that's also clear to you or if you're going to spin it to something else so just want to get your word that he wasn't running parallel to sideline.

If you agreed he indeed didn't run straight line parallel to sideline, how could you just use the yardage difference between the roughly 31 yard line (after he stumbled) in BIlls side to ~42 yard line in Titans side to say he traveled 27 yards (in 3.37 seconds).

Isn't it elementary math 101 that a triangle's hypotenuse is longer than both opposite side and adjacent side? Before you claimed Coleman did run pretty straight but just not parallel to sideline and you were so smart to use elementary math Pythagoras’ Theorem to calculate hypotenuse, let's show how you came up with both opposite side length and adjacent side length of the triangle first. One of them is very easy, which is the difference in yard line, but for the other, how did you accurately measured it by broadcast screen shot to get very accurate measurement?

20 minutes ago, section122 said:

All this arguing and nobody pointed out the gigantic flaw in your calculation that he wasn't running in a straight line?

After his stumble he moved to the right side of the hash mark and then back to the middle of the field.  At no point in time was he running in a straight line like in the 40 yard dash.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7zi5eAu_JQY?si=y4bi4O0UQMW11CWg

Ha Ha, I just noticed the same and replied after you. We both noticed the flaw in his claim. 😁

Let's see what excuse he came up with in his "smart" calculation.

Edited by syhuang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, syhuang said:

For someone claims he is so smart than others

I have never once said that.

As for your other point - The angle at which he ran resulted in a displacement vector of a few yards additional. I can break this down for you if you’d really like, but please PM me if so, I don’t want to derail this thread any more than I already have. If you’re in the Rochester area, I also have office hours at the University.

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have never once said that.

As for your other point - The angle at which he ran resulted in a displacement vector of a few yards additional. I can break this down for you if you’d really like, but please PM me if so, I don’t want to derail this thread any more than I already have. If you’re in the Rochester area, I also have office hours at the University.

Yes, let's break it down and don't need to do it in PM.

What are the length of two sides you measured accurately in 3.37 seconds? Show us the exactly screen shot before and after you used and how you came up with the accurate measurement.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Yes, let's break it down and don't need to do it in PM.

You either didn’t comprehend what I wrote, or you do not have enough respect for what I said and the forum that you are posting on. Either way, not okay.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

For someone claims he is so smart than others, let get one fact straight, do you agree or disagree Coleman didn't run straight line parallel to sideline after he stumbled? It's pretty clear to me that when he stumbled, he was around left hash mark and in your ending snapshot, he was in the right side of the right hash mark. Not sure if that's also clear to you or if you're going to spin it to something else so just want to get your word that he wasn't running parallel to sideline.

If you agreed he indeed didn't run straight line parallel to sideline, how could you just use the yardage difference between the roughly 31 yard line (after he stumbled) in BIlls side to ~42 yard line (as indicated in your screen shot) in Titans side to say he traveled 27 yards (in 3.37 seconds).

Isn't it elementary math 101 that a triangle's hypotenuse is longer than both opposite side and adjacent side? Before you claimed Coleman did run pretty straight but just not parallel to sideline and you were so smart to use elementary math Pythagoras’ Theorem to calculate hypotenuse, let's show how you came up with both opposite side length and adjacent side length first of the triangle first. One of them is very easy, which is the difference in yard line, but for the other, how did you accurately measured it by screen shot broadcast to get very accurate measurement?

Ha Ha, I just noticed the same and replied after you. We both noticed the flaw in his claim. 😁

Let's see what excuse he came up with in his "smart" calculation.

Yep.  That's why I posted about how next gen stats is pretty accurate as it uses sensors to triangulate the speed.  It takes into account the direction of the runner to provide a pretty accurate instantaneous speed.

I'm a mech engineer and it's been tough reading a lot of this, lol.  

Just cause he lost the long drag race doesn't mean he didn't have the highest speed at some point.

Edited by TurfToeJam

Just now, syhuang said:

still waiting for your calculation and formula to come up with 27 yards when Coleman didn't run parallel to sideline. It shouldn't take long since you already did it once yesterday when making the claim.

And i’ve already told you that I am available via PM or office hours.

You choosing not to respect that is not my issue. Heck, you can take our PM’s and copy them right into this thread if you’d like - but I won’t be the one to continue polluting it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TurfToeJam said:

That's what I said genius.  It triangulates using three sensors to take into account direction.

It’s what you said, but your lack of understanding is clouding you. It doesn’t matter what sensors it has -  that is irrelevant. They could have 50 sensors and that has nothing to do with the fact that I have told you.

The statistics they release (mph) is not the speed of the run. It’s the terminal instantaneous velocity. You are confusing two separate concepts and trying to make a correlation via sensors that don’t matters. It is akin to you saying “banana is apple because of plums!”. Yeah, they’re all fruit, but what you are stating makes no sense.

Just now, syhuang said:

No, no PM, do it here so everyone can see.

Still waiting for your calculation or formula to come up with 27 yards when Coleman didn't run parallel to side. Why is it so hard for you to post it here when you claimed you already did it once yesterday?

Im really sorry that your bullying tactics aren’t working for you. I’ve dealt with it for much of my life - you’re no different than the others. Let the anger out. Yell your tension into the atmosphereZ You will feel better. I’m happy to school you in PM’s if you’d like. This will be my last response to you. 

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Is it okay to wait for him to post his calculation or formula before this thread is closed? Otherwise, he'll have an excuse to not post it.

I don’t think this thread should be closed until Keon catches up! 😊

Speed isn’t everything. He has enough attributes to make plays. He’s making plays! That TD that got called back was still the kind of beautiful thing that I hope to see more of. 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Im really sorry that your bullying tactics aren’t working for you. I’ve dealt with it for much of my life - you’re no different than the others. Let the anger out. Yell your tension into the atmosphereZ You will feel better. I’m happy to school you in PM’s if you’d like. This will be my last response to you. 

So you decided to resort to bully and victim stance claims and don't plan to back up your claim and post your calculation or formula used to call out others even though you said you already did it once yesterday?

Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s what you said, but your lack of understanding is clouding you. It doesn’t matter what sensors it has -  that is irrelevant. They could have 50 sensors and that has nothing to do with the fact that I have told you.

The statistics they release (mph) is not the speed of the run. It’s the terminal instantaneous velocity. You are confusing two separate concepts and trying to make a correlation via sensors that don’t matters. It is akin to you saying “banana is apple because of plums!”. Yeah, they’re all fruit, but what you are stating makes no sense.

Gee, I wonder why?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

It’s called hyperbole. The thread is littered with pages and pages of people trying to explain away the slow speed at which he ran by his stumble. Which the math shows is not why he was so slow. did it make him slower? Yes. but it’s not the reason why he was slow in general.

The majority of your negative slants and reactions are targeted at hyperbole.  

• Haha (+1) 1