Keon Coleman Slow Jokes

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I thought for sure Coleman was going to get in the endzone and display his breakaway speed 

But great game by the Rook !!

If he would have scored on that play I would have stopped poking at him for his speed.  Alas, he was pretty easily caught from behind. 

That said, if we could get days out of him like we got today (outside of the bobble/whatever you want to call it in the end zone), that would be great.  I think he will greatly benefit from having Cooper on the field in a full time roll.  Also, keep those slants in the playbook.  Not only is it one of Coleman's strengths, but Cooper's as well.  We should see several slants throughout the game.  Hopefully Brady learns to call them more along with more play action.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

If he would have scored on that play I would have stopped poking at him for his speed.  Alas, he was pretty easily caught from behind. 

That said, if we could get days out of him like we got today (outside of the bobble/whatever you want to call it in the end zone), that would be great.  I think he will greatly benefit from having Cooper on the field in a full time roll.  Also, keep those slants in the playbook.  Not only is it one of Coleman's strengths, but Cooper's as well.  We should see several slants throughout the game.  Hopefully Brady learns to call them more along with more play action.

He stumbled.  Without it, he scores easily.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

"Pretty easily caught from behind"

After 57 yards and a stumble when he started to breakaway...would have been interesting to see what would have happened without that stumble...

Probably still got caught but maybe closer to the goal line...

Either way, the tradeoff with having the strength to break out of those kinda tackles to turn short passes into long gains can mean not having breakaway speed...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gotta luv Coleman, you don’t get 125 yards catching passes because are bad at what you do, imo he hasn’t necessarily been used to the best of his abilities, cough cough slant cough…, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Gotta luv Coleman, you don’t get 125 yards catching passes because are bad at what you do, imo he hasn’t necessarily been used to the best of his abilities, cough cough slant cough…, 

Great point here

Also interesting comparison to what we had in Gabe Davis. A game like his statistical line for Gabe would have been entirely becasue of air yards. Keon earned his today for sure. 

• Like (+1) 5

On 6/10/2024 at 9:27 PM, Milanos Milano said:

I might be one of the biggest Coleman homers on this board. I’ve wanted to draft him for a long time now and so glad we got the chance to do so. It’s well known that Coleman gets knocked for his slow 40 time, and it’s been discussed non stop since being drafted. I figured I’d start this thread to poke a little fun at the nay sayers. Post your best jokes here to help make the offseason a little less unbearable. I will start. 

Keon Coleman is so slow, when he runs his routes, if you listen close enough you can hear the dial up connection noise. 

Keon Coleman is so slow, scientists have started using his name as a unit of measurement for slow things.  “ The sloth moves at approximately 2 Colemans” 

Timed better than Jerry Rice…

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He stumbled.  Without it, he scores easily.

Dude is slow as molasses.

He makes up for it with a great catch radius, but he isn’t scoring even without stumbling.

He had a 10 yard head start and the entire Titans backfield caught up to him 😂

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Coleman today showed exactly why this team didn’t draft worthy.  Worthy is a good gadget guy and has a chance as a deep threat.  Worthy isn’t beating press coverage on that slant and getting out of the first tackle to take it 57 yards.

worthy also isn’t making one on one grabs on the endzone edge like Coleman (almost) made 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Dude is slow as molasses.

He makes up for it with a great catch radius, but he isn’t scoring even without stumbling.

He had a 10 yard head start and the entire Titans backfield caught up to him 😂

...because he stumbled.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I saw the stumble. He still wouldn't have scored.  Maybe would have gotten a more yards, but he would not have come close to scoring.

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

@Doc - this is AFTER he fully gained composure post stumbling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

After he fully regained his motion post stumbling, he went 27 yards in 3.37 seconds. That is the equivalent of a 4.99 second 40 yard dash. 

To put that into perspective, Spencer Brown ran a 4.94 second 40 yard dash.

He likely would have been caught around the 10 yard line.

IMG-4225.jpg

They should probably trade him since he runs in zig zags. 

• Haha (+1) 1