Dan Hurley Turns Down Lakers Offer

H2o

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

UCONN is about to lose four or five players to the NBA

Hurley did great with a big time program..  but that's even too much to overcome in a season 

They were the first two-time champion 15 years... They just don't have the dogs for the three peat

UConn lost three to the NBA after the first title.  Hurley went to the portal and got a shooter, and he had a good recruiting year.  

UConn is now losing three more to the NBA, he had one of the best recruiting classes in the country, and he's gotten another one or two guys through the portal.  

Not since UCLA (maybe Florida) has a school cruised through the NCAA tournament as easily as UConn has for two straight years.   It's because Hurley has shown that he can take talent and get them to play at a really high level.  After one game this past season, when asked how UConn won so easily, he said, "Well, if you play elite offense, play elite defense, and outrebound them, there isn't much the other team can do."  That can be said about every game his teams have played in the tournament for two years running.  

He's restocked the team again.  It's a tough task, but don't be surprised to see a three-peat.  Then he'll go to the Knicks or the 76ers.  

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

UConn lost three to the NBA after the first title.  Hurley went to the portal and got a shooter, and he had a good recruiting year.  

UConn is now losing three more to the NBA, he had one of the best recruiting classes in the country, and he's gotten another one or two guys through the portal.  

Not since UCLA (maybe Florida) has a school cruised through the NCAA tournament as easily as UConn has for two straight years.   It's because Hurley has shown that he can take talent and get them to play at a really high level.  After one game this past season, when asked how UConn won so easily, he said, "Well, if you play elite offense, play elite defense, and outrebound them, there isn't much the other team can do."  That can be said about every game his teams have played in the tournament for two years running.  

He's restocked the team again.  It's a tough task, but don't be surprised to see a three-peat.  Then he'll go to the Knicks or the 76ers.  

As an avid college basketball watcher I would still be extremely shocked 

I wouldn't be surprised by a elite 8 type run... I don't think they will be bad ... But I think losing that much talent in 2 years is too much

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As an avid college basketball watcher I would still be extremely shocked 

I wouldn't be surprised by a elite 8 type run I don't think they will be bad

Yeah, I get it, but don't be shocked.  He's probably in the top 5 of college coaches, and his team should be something like top 10 in talent.  Not many schools put a combination of coaching and talent on the floor like that.  

24/7 Sports ranked UConn's 2023 recruiting class as third in the country, and they lost only one of those guys to the NBA.  The same site ranked their 2024 class at #10.  UConn got two guys who should play through the portal.  

ESPN has them #3 in the pre-preseason rankings. UConn will be disappointed with a run only to the Elite 8. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, I get it, but don't be shocked.  He's probably in the top 5 of college coaches, and his team should be something like top 10 in talent.  Not many schools put a combination of coaching and talent on the floor like that.  

24/7 Sports ranked UConn's 2023 recruiting class as third in the country, and they lost only one of those guys to the NBA.  The same site ranked their 2024 class at #10.  UConn got two guys who should play through the portal.  

ESPN has them #3 in the pre-preseason rankings. UConn will be disappointed with a run only to the Elite 8. 

Solid counter argument.. they certainly are loaded