Trump Proposes Making Tips Tax-Free

From now on I only get paid in tips! I’m going to tell people what to pay me, all in tips! 

people believe this #######? He’ll never do this. Just like Mexico paying for the wall.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, phypon said:

I'm not a hundo percent on this one, so someone please double check me here (tips welcome), but I've heard that the US is one of the few countries that actually participate in the practice of tipping. 

True, but it's bothering me that instead of America becoming like the rest of the world and eliminating tipping, much of the rest of the world is becoming more like America. Tipping used to be so unheard of in parts of Europe that the waiter/barman would assume you left money on the table by mistake and would try to give it back to you. Not anymore. It started innocently enough with the "leave the change (coins) on the table as a small token of appreciation ..."

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True, but it's bothering me that instead of America becoming like the rest of the world and eliminating tipping, much of the rest of the world is becoming more like America. Tipping used to be so unheard of in parts of Europe that the waiter/barman would assume you left money on the table by mistake and would try to give it back to you. Not anymore. It started innocently enough with the "leave the change (coins) on the table as a small token of appreciation ..."

At all inclusive resorts, it's supposedly forbidden.  You get much better service for throwing  a few bucks tho and the staff are paid a pittance at most of these.  Best solution would be to just pay everyone a living wage but we know that's not going happen.  o this idea is great IF the workers get to keep their tips.

56 minutes ago, phypon said:

I agree.  I think it's a pretty shady shady tactic and only helps the business owner.  It's just stupid and make no logical sense.  The price of an item should be the price of an item, plain and simple.

Spot on. I especially hate the default tip screen on the Toast registers that make you add an extra 20% when all they did was turn around and pour a coffee in a cup. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Spot on. I especially hate the default tip screen on the Toast registers that make you add an extra 20% when all they did was turn around and pour a coffee in a cup. 

Or pick up food from a pizzeria.  You cooked it, then put it in a box.  You get nothing, good day sir.