Is JA17 <-> JB7?

Jaylen Brown makes incredible plays. Watching a highlight reel of Josh Allen easily makes you forget about the few mistakes. Both players are spectacular, and both do things that can make fans bite their lip (or threatened a tv). …like  dibble off a foot out of bounds, or playing hot potato with football. 

I know we have some C’s fans here, and maybe you’re watching.

Just watching NBA, but inventing ways to make it about the Bills. So sue me!

(Btw, anyone seen Shakir today..? Seeing a lot of similarities between he and Alcaraz. One and the same…?? hmmmm)

• Eyeroll 1

I think he’s more like Anthony Edwards.  He can do everything well.  Jaylen Brown has awful handles for a wing that loves to take it to the paint

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve never heard this comparison.   Dont see it at all. 

I have seen Josh and Luka compared.  Not sure how to feel about that one. 

I don’t see Luka at all.  Josh is 90% physical ability.  Luka is 10% physical ability-90% IQ

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I can understand the Josh/Luka comparisons. The similarities go beyond their importance for the team. Most notably: Both seem to try to grow some facial hair; in neither case it looks convincing.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Boston/New England teams are Buffalo's natural sports rival.  

You should be ashamed to even admit your Boston sports fandom on this board.

haha, simmer child. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s more like Anthony Edwards.  He can do everything well.  Jaylen Brown has awful handles for a wing that loves to take it to the paint

I don’t see Luka at all.  Josh is 90% physical ability.  Luka is 10% physical ability-90% IQ

You severely underestimate Josh's football IQ.

11 minutes ago, DrW said:

You severely underestimate Josh's football IQ.

I don’t.  I was just using those numbers to prove a point……but he is who he is because of his physical being more than his football IQ.  Luka is who he is because of his basketball IQ

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The only thing the two have in common is they both don't play defense.

I think the Josh/Luka comparison is based off them both being guys viewed as a top 3 player in the game yet haven’t won it all yet. 

Both have efficiency flaws (Luka fg % and Josh turnovers) but both are elite, show up in big games and are incredibly clutch. 

13 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The only thing the two have in common is they both don't play defense.

Luka plays D-  he’s just not athletic enough to play good man d.  He plays solid help and isn’t too bad playing post D against bigger guys.  Active hands.  Cement feet.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the Josh/Luka comparison is based off them both being guys viewed as a top 3 player in the game yet haven’t won it all yet. 

Both have efficiency flaws (Luka fg % and Josh turnovers) but both are elite, show up in big games and are incredibly clutch. 

The ringless top 3 thing is a fair comparison for sure.  I can see that point of view

Luka’s efficiency flaw is the exact same as Josh, turnovers.  His FG% isn’t poor at all.

The lesson to learn from the Celtics is that you can compete for championships without the best player in the league if you have an overwhelming talent advantage everywhere else. 

Kinda awesome that the Celtics could win without a top 5 player.

• Agree 1

When Jaylen Brown steps onto a court against the Mavs he is arguably the 3rd or 4th best player on the floor.  Unless Josh Allen is playing the Chiefs he is the best player on the field week in and week out.

So no, the 2nd best player in the NFL isn't comparable to the someone who may not be in the top ten in his sport.  If you wanna argue about who Josh Allen is in the NBA id say it's Luka.   Probably top 1 or 2 in the league.  Most likely on a hall of Fame track.   Needs to win a championship.

57 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Jaylen Brown's just out to prove the all star voters wrong and it's a sight to see.

He was an all-star.  I’m sure you meant to say All-nba voters.   3rd team is always a tough call.  Every player voted in had a higher scoring average than him.  Curry and Sabonis are the only 2  players that didn’t make the playoffs-  I watched a ton of king games this year and Sabonis was such a monster.  He deserved imo.  Curry is Curry. Booker, KD, LBJ or Kawhi?  Tough. Sucks for Brown.

Brown isn’t a good playmaker or rebounder.  He’s a good (sometimes very good) man defender but he doesn’t force a lot of turnovers.  He’s not a stat guy but he’s turned himself into a winner and possibly Chompion

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The lesson to learn from the Celtics is that you can compete for championships without the best player in the league if you have an overwhelming talent advantage everywhere else. 

Kinda awesome that the Celtics could win without a top 5 player.

Impressive regular season and finals performance-  they had maybe the easiest run to the finals of any team in recent history. 

miami- no Butler

cavs- Mitchell gets hurt.

pacers- haliburton gets hurt.  3 series- each vs teams without their best players for all or some of the series.  

not to say they wouldn’t have made it- but was an easy run nonetheless 

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

When Jaylen Brown steps onto a court against the Mavs he is arguably the 3rd or 4th best player on the floor.  Unless Josh Allen is playing the Chiefs he is the best player on the field week in and week out.

So no, the 2nd best player in the NFL isn't comparable to the someone who may not be in the top ten in his sport.  If you wanna argue about who Josh Allen is in the NBA id say it's Luka.   Probably top 1 or 2 in the league.  Most likely on a hall of Fame track.   Needs to win a championship.

Yeah- he’s wasn’t even voted top 15.  

That said, Josh wasn’t even voted to the pro bowl 😂 

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.