Really good Bills/Allen documentary

Honestly the whole video comes off like the first section for a documentary in the future explaining why Josh Allen has been a horrifying football monster for the past decade.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, finn said:

Yes, the most important constant on defense has been McDermott, who's been given a lot of talent to work with in his tenure. If he turns the show over to the new coordinator, maybe we'll see different results in the playoffs. I'll give him last year because of the injuries. But he choked against the Bengals, and his choke in the 13-second game might define his entire career. My impression, which might not be fair, is of a control freak who panics when the pressure is on, a HC who is plays not to lose. 

Perhaps it's the undersized speed, no man coverage approach that doesn't work as well come playoff time when you can push people around more. Hold more. I'm not sure but in some cases, like KC, we can at least slow them down in the regular season. Then we barely become a speed bump postseason. The injury issues are relevant to some extent, certainly in 2023, but it does not explain how far back this goes and how severe it is.

When you look at the EPA data for defense on our side it is even more stunning.

2020: We had 3 game all year where the defense allowed at least 20 EPA, KC dropped 30.34, 6 points worse than the next closest game

2021: We had 2 games all year where the defense allowed at least 20 EPA, KC dropped 32.62, 12 points worse than the next closest game

2022: We had 1 game all year where the defense allowed at least 20 EPA, CIN dropped 22.03, 9 points worse than the next closest game

We have had 6 occurrences since 2020 where the defense has allowed at least 20 EPA, 3 of theme in the playoff losses. With the only two instances where the defense allowed 30 more and both came in our playoff losses. 

Perhaps we just aren't prepared schematically for the additional X's and O's that go into a playoff game. I keep quoting Burrows opening drive stats vs us because I think it speaks to our inability to build a game plan at the level required to be successful in the divisional round. Burrow is 18 for 18, 181 yards, and 3 TD's on his three opening drives vs the Bills. Injuries don't explain that. Nothing does really.  

I am about 1/3 of the way through.  The Bills have just failed to play well in the preseason - especially against the Bengals and the Chiefs.  There’s little else to say.  The situation is not on Josh - Bills need better coaching, d and ST’s during the playoffs in that order.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.