Is it just me, or do some arguments here drag on ad nauseam?

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

Thanks for fixing this once and for all.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

True.

But there are also some people here who absolutely curate threads, keeping them going for hundreds of pages when there just isn't much there. I tend to stay away, dropping in every few weeks to marvel at how much care the guy is spending on this limited topic. It's like someone trying to keep a fire alive by putting thousands of tiny twigs on it one at a time. The same guy will have 30% of the posts in a thread.

Worth looking at and shaking your head. Whatever. It's what they want to do.

It's like watching someone try to herd a worm on a trip from Kansas to LIncoln, Nebraska. Worth checking in on.

LOL.

Nobody argues with more complete nonsense than you Mr. Curator.

Then when your ridiculousness is proven wrong that is when you vanish.

Remember a few weeks ago when you were insisting vehemnently that the top of the WR market wasn't in the mid $30M aav range?  :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

These inevitable posts are always some of the most illogical and pointless content of the year.    Not everybody reads everything you do.   It's a message board not a broadcast that everyone is listening to simultaneously.   If you know what direction the topic is going to go and don't want to hear the same points,  don't open the thread.   Problem solved.  You answered your own question with the last sentence of the post.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL.

Nobody argues with more complete nonsense than you Mr. Curator.

Then when your ridiculousness is proven wrong that is when you vanish.

Remember a few weeks ago when you were insisting vehemnently that the top of the WR market wasn't in the mid $30M aav range?  :lol: 

I'm completely aware this is what you think.

I come along, point out where you're wrong, you say the same dumb thing again or even several times, and I see, "ah, another worm herder," and do indeed vanish, because why bother, the point is made whether you know it or not.

You're consistently wrong, and are unable to see it.

I was right about the WR market at that time. As usual you are mis-stating my argument as well as the facts. It's your M.O., getting things wrong.

At that time only an idiot would have argued that the WR market was above $30M/yr., since no WR contract of over $30M/yr. had ever been given. By definition.

I only pointed out that it was a stone-cold fact that the WR market wasn't as high as he was trying to claim. I noted that market value would in the future go higher. And that nobody knew precisely when that would happen. That it could either be a while or very soon. But it hadn't happened yet. That anyone who said when that would happen was guessing. Simple facts.

I was correct. Whoever the dolt was who thought his guess was a fact, was wrong. I don't remember whether or not it was you, but whoever said it was wrong. Confusing guesses with facts is simply poor thinking.

And by the way, I didn't say a thing about nonsense in this thread, that's you bringing it up in a reply, bizarrely.

What is your obsession with me? I didn't bother answering but you recently started discussing me in a thread I hadn't even entered, without even replying to me. Just started talking about me? Again, what's the obsession, dude? I'm decent-looking, but nothing special. I guess it's your right, but it seems sad.

I'm living rent-free in your head. It's just weird.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Badol,

In fairness to that guy (you?), his guess as to when it would happen was closer than my guess.

But I knew my guess was a guess. He was trying to claim that market value was already over $30M. It wasn't. There were no contracts in the range he was trying to say was market value. It was a dumb claim. It simply wasn't market value at that time.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's like watching someone try to herd a worm on a trip from Kansas to LIncoln, Nebraska.

I mean, I did that just the other week. Okay, granted, I herded my worm from Wichita to somewhere in the panhandle of Texas. But same general concept.

At this time a year the arguments go round and round because the news cycle isn't fast enough to move us onto something else. OTAs is the part of the NFL calendar I have just tuned out. When you have a new coach or a rookie QB they are somewhat interesting. When you have McDermott in year 8 and Josh in year 7 you kinda know how the team is going to look and play. Sure, we have new coordinators on both sides but the defense is still going to look like a Sean McDermott defense and the offense is still going to look like a Josh Allen offense. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There are definitely some strongly held beliefs on this forum.

There are people on here that think Reich was better than Kelly. 

The Flutie Jonhson debate could still get 100 pages easily

God forbid you criticize McDermott on here. 7 seasons, 6 mostly successful but no championships and not even a AFC Championship game in the last two years. Losing record in the playoffs. Some of us would have been fien moving on from him after 13 seconds, others think he can do no wrong.

Pretty certain almost everyone agrees OJ was a great athlete and a despicable guilty double murderer person.

Please get back to your "Fire Everybody" rants, much more easy to figure out. I have never heard or read anyone state Reich better than Kelly, if so, kind of like claiming Diggs better than Andre.

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

|"Have you ever noticed when you're driving that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? You say, 'Look at this idiot here. Will you look at this idiot, just creepin' along. Woh! Look at that maniac go!' I mean it's a wonder we ever get anywhere at all with all the idiots and maniacs there are. Because there's certainly no-one driving at my speed. I don't let anyone drive at my speed. Do you? bull####! Someone's going my speed, ***** him, I'm gonna slow down, let him get up ahead a little bit, I can keep an eye on that ####### from back here."

- George Carlin

Some people will like to talk less than you. Others more. That's just the way it is.

As you said, you're free to not open them, or to skip to another thread.

Great post! Probably about ten that I read automatically because they are good, insightful, and like me, been around since the beginning - "football fans." Probably about five that I read due to being predictable, almost like a game. Then those who view as the Bills as entertainment, they want long bombs, have no appreciation for defense, the ground game to win the game, they want the Arena Football point explosion, followed by some dancing, and once an incomplete pass is thrown, Bills dont win by 40 points or they lose it become pure mayhem and "fire everybody!"  I remain selective for various reasons however, not living in Buffalo TBD remains a great source of Bills information.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

These inevitable posts are always some of the most illogical and pointless content of the year.    Not everybody reads everything you do.   It's a message board not a broadcast that everyone is listening to simultaneously.   If you know what direction the topic is going to go and don't want to hear the same points,  don't open the thread.   Problem solved.  You answered your own question with the last sentence of the post.  

I disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I wonder what people think about Sean McDermott?

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

The discourse always gets a bit stale in the off-season.

But you have to remember, TBD is a bar where there’s usually only 1 topic of discussion.

Imagine a bar where you can only talk about cows. There’s a group of 10

people who think cows are overpriced, but of those 10, they have 8-10 different reasons why. You’re going to hear that cows are overpriced a lot, but from

separate people for separate reasons.

And again, if we are just gonna “wait for the season” before continuing to debate or discuss things, why come here at all? Just come back when the season starts. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.