Is it just me, or do some arguments here drag on ad nauseam?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are a good example of the reason why points/facts have to be repeated on TSW.

Because someone like @Thurman#1 can post unsupported, illogical nonsense with conviction and the lazy and dimwitted will accept it as fact. :doh:

I know your right and the world is wrong, enjoy life dude you take this stuff way to seriously!

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are a good example of the reason why points/facts have to be repeated on TSW.

Because someone like @Thurman#1 can post unsupported, illogical nonsense with conviction and the lazy and dimwitted will accept it as fact. :doh:

Oh ya, opinions, you know pretend you are a regular guy in a bar somewhere in Buffalo having a beer! 

• Agree 1

For all the crazy personalities and weird interactions, this forum is way better than Reddit where merely a contrarian opinion gets you permanently banned. 

Sure a post you made may go missing like a Boeing whistleblower, but at least I haven’t had to make another account here. 

If there’s one example of the type of argument that was particularly annoying was the people who seemed to think that Terrell Edmund’s height and wingspan was somehow a stat in the passes defended column against throws that weren’t attempted in his direction. Psychic passes defended or something. 

But in general, it would be helpful if people remembered that instead of trying to tell others they’re wrong (which makes most double down), try persuading them to your viewpoint. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, PBF81 said:

So in short, you object to people repeating themselves, being redundant, and saying the same things over and over again then?   

:D

"Hmm, yes. Quite shallow and pedantic." 😀

On 6/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

I don't know what you are into but you should see the rest of the internet if you're not on it.  Honestly these are the most civil discourses you will see.

The people on here at least want to feel like they are held accountable.  So there might be some that don't care about that.  But I feel like most can get into a conversation and at least respect another person perspective even if they don't agree with it.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you remember me from BBMB?  I was Teef.  

There is only one Teef, and you sir are no Teef! You're more of a TWSS...

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:51 AM, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

It's just you.

Seriously, why is this even a question?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 9:51 AM, Nephilim17 said:

It's always worse in the offseason where we don't have a weekly game to spark new stuff.  And, all in all this is still light years better than any other board I have seen.  Go spend an hour on FinHaven and you will see what hell really looks like.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

When a couple of posters go head-to-head over a topic and both know they will never change the others point of view, it's foolish to

keep it going thread after thread after thread.

Let it go.

There’s a lot to be said for agreeing to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/9/2024 at 1:59 PM, boater said:

If you don't want to see a subject beaten to death, don't bring up Doug Flutie.

It was especially brutal during his time with the Bills.

Beaten to death might be a bit extreme... but I'm all for seeing Flutie be the subject of a beating... maybe even a caning. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you remember me from BBMB?  I was Teef.  

I was BeastoftheEast... and Shaw.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

When a couple of posters go head-to-head over a topic and both know they will never change the others point of view, it's foolish to

keep it going thread after thread after thread.

Let it go.

Are you kidding? Those are always the best threads. Great way to kill time!

After enough arguing, I slowly start getting invested & picking a side. It almost feels like watching football again!

Edited by BigDingus

On 6/9/2024 at 9:51 AM, Nephilim17 said:

• Some posters have personal vendettas and agendas and couldn't care less if pursuing them ruins the content for others (self-centeredness).
  • Some posters don't understand the law of diminishing returns, as it applies to a message board (cluelessness).
  • Some posters are actually addicted to posting here. They might not know it but they are.
  • Some posters are miserable people and it's obvious in their behavior here. A happy, well-adjusted person wouldn't spend very much time and energy on a message board.

I wish more people simply stated their opinions and moved on instead of investing enormous amounts of time and energy in hopes of "winning" their debate.

I wish I could read every topic and every post because there are so many good posters here but too often their content gets lost in the flood of sewage. But I'm old enough to know that things here are unlikely to change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If anything, we mostly give up too quickly.  I don't think we ever fully hashed out Flutie v Johnson and we barely scratched the surface on who was in the wrong in the Jason Peters standoff with the FO.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, Nephilim17 said:

Claypool is the example you use? He’s been a Bill for a month. 

I was trying to guess what this thread was about. My guess was McDermott or Von Miller.

But anyways, part of the entertainment of the board is the debate. Stating an opinion is boring. I want someone to disagree so we can then debate about it. Regurgitating hot topics is what the offseason is all about also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.