Is it just me, or do some arguments here drag on ad nauseam?

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

God forbid you criticize McDermott on here. 7 seasons, 6 mostly successful but no championships and not even a AFC Championship game in the last two years.

Actually three years!

14 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s all encompassing! I’ll take you to the mat on this one, and McD is my coach!

Yeah, let the jokes commence. 

You didn't know that I'm showing up to the TBD Golf Outing in a wrestling onesie and headgear? Bring it, little bones.

• Haha (+1) 2

IN before someone gets the last word... and then somebody else gets the last real last word... and then the first guy agrees to disagree and gets  the last real last word...

Edited by DasNootz

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm completely aware this is what you think.

I come along, point out where you're wrong, you say the same dumb thing again or even several times, and I see, "ah, another worm herder," and do indeed vanish, because why bother, the point is made whether you know it or not.

You're consistently wrong, and are unable to see it.

I was right about the WR market at that time. As usual you are mis-stating my argument as well as the facts. It's your M.O., getting things wrong.

At that time only an idiot would have argued that the WR market was above $30M/yr., since no WR contract of over $30M/yr. had ever been given. By definition.

I only pointed out that it was a stone-cold fact that the WR market wasn't as high as he was trying to claim. I noted that market value would in the future go higher. And that nobody knew precisely when that would happen. That it could either be a while or very soon. But it hadn't happened yet. That anyone who said when that would happen was guessing. Simple facts.

I was correct. Whoever the dolt was who thought his guess was a fact, was wrong. I don't remember whether or not it was you, but whoever said it was wrong. Confusing guesses with facts is simply poor thinking.

And by the way, I didn't say a thing about nonsense in this thread, that's you bringing it up in a reply, bizarrely.

What is your obsession with me? I didn't bother answering but you recently started discussing me in a thread I hadn't even entered, without even replying to me. Just started talking about me? Again, what's the obsession, dude? I'm decent-looking, but nothing special. I guess it's your right, but it seems sad.

I'm living rent-free in your head. It's just weird.

You have to admit, you provide lots of ammunition with your posts!

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Imagine a bar where you can only talk about cows. There’s a group of 10

people who think cows are overpriced, but of those 10, they have 8-10 different reasons why. You’re going to hear that cows are overpriced a lot, but from

separate people for separate reasons.

You mean these arguments?

1. Is McD at fault for 13 seconds?
  2. Can McD get us past KC?
  3. Why does McD clap so much?
  4. Is McD any good?
  5. Does Von Miller have anything left?
  6. <Insert anything Diggs says, does, doesn't say or doesn't do>
  7. Is Coleman too slow?
  8. Did we do enough at wide receiver?
  9. Should Josh run or slide?

I'm pleased to say the argument over whether Tremaine Edmunds is good appears to be dead. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

4. Is McD any good?
  7. Is Coleman too slow?

I'm pleased to say the argument over whether Tremaine Edmunds is good appears to be dead. 

The clapping thing kills me, sorry whoever started and prolonged it deserves special recognition! Come on, whoever heard of a football coach clapping on the sidelines - keep his hands in his pockets, give players the finger, scratch his butt, so many other ways to cheer on his team. This one knocks the “fire everybody” gang well into second place!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

4. Is McD any good?
  7. Is Coleman too slow?

You forgot "Nick Wright said ___."

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

Was this board around when it was Losman vs Edwards?  I would think there had to have been some battles.

On the Bills board, there was a guy who sent me a contract to my inbox that when we fight, I cannot call the cops.  Like legitimately wrote out an entire contract a whole page long about the legalities of our fight.  I didn't even agree to a fight, he just hated that I didn't like Losman.

Another poster named BillsFan1516 had a guy telling him to meet at a bar that was close by both of them.  Like he harassed him to the point where I believe the mods gave him a permaban.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Was this board around when it was Losman vs Edwards?  I would think there had to have been some battles.

On the Bills board, there was a guy who sent me a contract to my inbox that when we fight, I cannot call the cops.  Like legitimately wrote out an entire contract a whole page long about the legalities of our fight.  I didn't even agree to a fight, he just hated that I didn't like Losman.

Another poster named BillsFan1516 had a guy telling him to meet at a bar that was close by both of them.  Like he harassed him to the point where I believe the mods gave him a permaban.  

Before TBD AOL had a Buffalo Bills Bulletin Board, 1995 - 1999; it was great. Great people, great posts, great insight, and pretty cool camaraderie. Lots of Flutie - Johnson debate without the emotion you see in current environment!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Before TBD AOL had a Buffalo Bills Bulletin Board, 1995 - 1999; it was great. Great people, great posts, great insight, and pretty cool camaraderie. Lots of Flutie - Johnson debate without the emotion you see in current environment!

You can find great people, great posts, and great insight on TBD and that's why I keep coming here.

What disappoints me are the other people who get hostile when you have an opposing opinion or get a fact wrong - or insist you got a fact wrong when you didn't.

Buffalo is called The City of Good Neighbors."  I think all Buffalonians, actual and honorary, ought to live by that tagline.  

We've suffered together through 1-win seasons, four SB losses,  a 17-year drought, 13-seconds, and a host of other hardships together.  We ought to be a Band of Brothers who support and respect each other.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

who in god's name was sending you contracts?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You can find great people, great posts, and great insight on TBD and that's why I keep coming here.

What disappoints me are the other people who get hostile when you have an opposing opinion or get a fact wrong - or insist you got a fact wrong when you didn't.

Buffalo is called The City of Good Neighbors."  I think all Buffalonians, actual and honorary, ought to live by that tagline.  

We've suffered together through 1-win seasons, four SB losses,  a 17-year drought, 13-seconds, and a host of other hardships together.  We ought to be a Band of Brothers who support and respect each other.  

All I can say is 1968, 1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985; horrible drafts etc etc. I would trade all of those years for 13 seconds. I guess the years since the mid 60’s gives me a different perspective on things in 2024. Of course I want to see a SB win as much as Anybody but I’m not ready to throw the towel in or throw temper tantrums when we have a perennial playoff team! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

@Beerball used to set up fights at ArtPark with me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.