Is it just me, or do some arguments here drag on ad nauseam?

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

35 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I love the Bills and think almost all of you guys seem like cool people. But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

For example, both sides have said all that can be said about Claypool and taking a flyer on a physical specimen that lost his way and is given "another chance" — let's see how the season plays out and then revisit that issue in a few months. As just one example. There are many.

We can disagree, sure — it's an opinion board and no one is saying everyone should agree on the questions and concerns — but let it go after a while. For the love of Bruce Smith, stop saying the same thing in different words after you've said it three or four times.

Or not. Knock yourselves out repeating the same old arguments. I guess I don't have to click on those threads either.

Read between the insults and you find the information.  That's what I do.  TBD is still my #1 source for the latest Bills info, but you do have to wade through the BS to some extent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Use the ignore function, it makes life on TBD MUCH better!

To answer the question, there is a lot of trolls here and folks who love to argue with them. 

Still beats the old BBMB, though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Since your new I'm going to try and save you some time and energy.

Don't think about this place as a place where information is exchanged.

Think of it more as a Homer's social club, where the people who have been here long or know the original people, attend the forum get togethers, come to condescend on your opinions.

Once you realize that this place moonlights as a message board that takes itself way to seriously but really is just a social club for the good ol boys you'll understand better why it's the way it is.

Game day threads and some of the breaking news that gets posted is the biggest value imo.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Use the ignore function, it makes life on TBD MUCH better!

To answer the question, there is a lot of trolls here and folks who love to argue with them. 

Still beats the old BBMB, though. 

I tried the ignore function once but there were times I'd be completely lost in the thread because I'd see responses to comments that I wasn't seeing. Just got confusing so after a while I was like meh I guess I'll navigate thru the junk. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

But my issue with many threads here is that after a while they get redundant and some people keep repeating the same argument to win the "I'm smarter than you" or "I don't like your point of view" game. It's all ego at this point, for both sides. No new information gets shared. it's just redundancy and, unfortunately at times, personal insults.

So in short, you object to people repeating themselves, being redundant, and saying the same things over and over again then?   

:D

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.