Southwest added 5 flights for Bills away games

zow2

Pretty cool that out of 21 flights that Southwest added to their schedule (specifically for NFL fans),  6 of them involve Bills games.

Week 2 @ Miami 

Week 4 @ Baltimore

Week 5 @ Houston 

Week 10 @ Indy

Week 11 KC @ Bills

Week 14 @ LA

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

It's called BIG FLEX

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Pretty cool that out of 21 flights that Southwest added to their schedule (specifically for NFL fans),  6 of them involve Bills games.

Week 2 @ Miami 

Week 4 @ Baltimore

Week 5 @ Houston 

Week 10 @ Indy

Week 11 KC @ Bills

Week 14 @ LA

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

UGH...Southwest is only slightly better that Spirit.  Waste the extra cash and fly Delta if at all possible or American if you have to.  

FIFY

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

UGH...Southwest is only slightly better that Spirit.  Spend the extra cash and fly Delta if at all possible or American if you have to.  

I’d take SW over American any day. Say what you want about them, but I fly SW quite a bit and Im usually at my destination when I’m supposed to be. About all you can hope for these days.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’d take SW over American any day. Say what you want about them, but I fly SW quite a bit and Im usually at my destination when I’m supposed to be. About all you can hope for these days.

SW has always been my airline of choice but lately it has been a lot more American or Jet Blue. It has further emboldened me that Southwest is my airline of choice (especially if you check in on time).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

UGH...Southwest is only slightly better that Spirit.  Spend the extra cash and fly Delta if at all possible or American if you have to.  

I love when people tell other people - especially people they’ve never met - how those people should spend their money. 

Especially someone who spends his money to live in Cleveland. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Agreed.  We fly southwest couple times a year.  Hell flew to Tampa last Sunday only 84 ppl on flight I got sprawled out and arrived 15 mins early.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

When is the Week 14 BUF-LA flight offered?   I see no direct flights on SW 7th or 8th, in fact, looks like only JB flies out of KBUF direct to KLAX

Edited by Mr. WEO

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

When is the Week 14 BUF-LA flight offered?   I see no direct flights on SW 7th or 8th, in fact, looks like only JB flies out of KBUF direct to KLAX

I see a nonstop on Friday 12/6 at 1:25pm to LAX.  That has to be it as SW normally does not fly to LA nonstop from BUF.

The return leaves on 12/9 at 12:15pm 

The one stop flights are so much cheaper as of today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I see a nonstop on Friday 12/6 at 1:25pm to LAX.  That has to be it as SW normally does not fly to LA nonstop from BUF.

The return leaves on 12/9 at 12:15pm 

The one stop flights are so much cheaper as of today. 

i see that now for 12/6--sold out of economy.

This one flight isn't a big deal--there are tons of options to all  LA area airports from Buffalo with short connections that have a total travel time within 2 hours of the direct.  Very cheap too

JetBlue, non-stop to BUF to LA, it's the way to go. Any other airline that is using connecting flights is just busting your chops.

If you fly Southwest, fly Business Select. You pay more, but you get priority boarding and avoid their crush of humanity boarding process.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

JetBlue, non-stop to BUF to LA, it's the way to go. Any other airline that is using connecting flights is just busting your chops.

If you fly Southwest, fly Business Select. You pay more, but you get priority boarding and avoid their crush of humanity boarding process.

You can also upgrade your boarding position, day of travel, if available. 

16 hours ago, zow2 said:

Week 2 @ Miami 

Week 4 @ Baltimore

Week 5 @ Houston 

Week 10 @ Indy

Week 11 KC @ Bills

Week 14 @ LA

These will be basically Bills Mafia charter flights!! Lots of fun and full of LUV!! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, boater said:

Yep, and some folks prioritize a nonstop over a cheaper connecting flight. Especially in December.  One bad weather front could mess up a connection in Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, etc.  and your whole weekend is screwed.  

Just had a thought. 

The NFL needs to partner with airlines, or at least teams. When the schedule is announced dip in on that early endorphin drop and announce specialty flights for games/towns. 

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You can also upgrade your boarding position, day of travel, if available. 

My first time flying SW, I was walking through the terminal and saw a sign at one of their service desks that said "Ask me about upgrading your position in line" or something like that.  I stopped, showed them my ticket, it was a same day purchase so something like C35.  They do their tapping on the computer and say they can get me A5 for..... $15.  Sold.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.