Khalil Shakir/Moulds video

On 6/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, Eastport bills said:

They picked him because he’s the best wide receiver left over from last year’s roster and Josh’s favorite target in the playoffs, plus he made all the clutch catches against KC. He represents the most improved big play receiver on the team. He’s not a diva and just produces. 

Yup I think he may be the only wr on the roster who's caught a pass from Allen in a game before

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Well, I don't claim to know, I'm on the incredibly curious side of the tracks. 

Well, when asked if they needed a Number 1 WR to replace Diggs, Beane said "no."  I think that's a pretty good indicator.

Just now, Doc said:

Well, when asked if they needed a Number 1 WR to replace Diggs, Beane said "no."  I think that's a pretty good indicator.

Well, and LOL, what's he supposed to say.  Let's be honest, this is hardly the team's braintrust that's been the most forthright and honest with fans and media over the years.  

But I hear ya, the circumstances are going to force their hand either way.  

My issue with it is that it doesn't play to Allen's core strength(s).  

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, and LOL, what's he supposed to say.  Let's be honest, this is hardly the team's braintrust that's been the most forthright and honest with fans and media over the years.  

But I hear ya, the circumstances are going to force their hand either way.  

My issue with it is that it doesn't play to Allen's core strength(s). 

I provided what he said with the understanding that he followed-through and didn't sign a number 1 WR.  And I wouldn't call them any less forthright and honest than any other Bills braintrust. And at least they are being less forthright and honest about not reaching a SB, not about sucking so bad.

Anyway, we'll see how it works out.  I think they want to see how it goes and then adjust (next year) if necessary.  And that may mean getting a number 1 WR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I provided what he said with the understanding that he followed-through and didn't sign a number 1 WR.  And I wouldn't call them any less forthright and honest than any other Bills braintrust. And at least they are being less forthright and honest about not reaching a SB, not about sucking so bad.

Anyway, we'll see how it works out.  I think they want to see how it goes and then adjust (next year) if necessary.  And that may mean getting a number 1 WR.

Well, 8 seasons is more than enough time to "adjust."  If they don't have it by the end of this season ... 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I couldn't tell.  You seem to have implied that they brought in Samuel and some other lesser WRs because they did not think that Shakir would be their big hope.  My point is that it's simply their MO to stocking the team at WR.  Apart from Diggs it's to sign low-end starting WRs at best for relatively inexpensively and undistinguished FAs otherwise.  

I didn’t refer to Samuel at all in my post.  He’s clearly not the most significant pickup, might not make the roster.  But they have a boatload of new WRs.  That’s not an indication that Shakir is going to be the “big hope” receiver in the offense this year….

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn’t refer to Samuel at all in my post.  He’s clearly not the most significant pickup, might not make the roster.  But they have a boatload of new WRs.  That’s not an indication that Shakir is going to be the “big hope” receiver in the offense this year….

Well, we disagree here.  That was also the context of the ongoing discussion.  Insofar as free agents go, most people view Samuel as the most significant pickup, and certainly by contract.  Your not going to find too many people that don't think that he's a lock to make the roster and start.  

He's also the only one with a significant deal capb and by far the most playing experience.  Remember, he has Brady Carolina ties, so he's not going anywhere.  

If I understand you correctly, your vision is that none of the WRs stand out but that several will log in the (just say) 700-900 yards range with none distinguishing himself.  

Could be, again, the one thing that I would bet on for sure is, is that the whole, offensively speaking, is less than the sum of the parts.  

8 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Well, we disagree here.  That was also the context of the ongoing discussion.  Insofar as free agents go, most people view Samuel as the most significant pickup, and certainly by contract.  Your not going to find too many people that don't think that he's a lock to make the roster and start.  

He's also the only one with a significant deal capb and by far the most playing experience.  Remember, he has Brady Carolina ties, so he's not going anywhere.  

If I understand you correctly, your vision is that none of the WRs stand out but that several will log in the (just say) 700-900 yards range with none distinguishing himself.  

Could be, again, the one thing that I would bet on for sure is, is that the whole, offensively speaking, is less than the sum of the parts.  

yeah I didn’t bring Samuel into this conversation 

anyway, because of  “Brady Carolina ties”, Samuel is a lock??  After  a single year together, Brady said “adios Samuel” in Carolina.  

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah I didn’t bring Samuel into this conversation 

anyway, because of  “Brady Carolina ties”, Samuel is a lock??  After  a single year together, Brady said “adios Samuel” in Carolina.  

Brady doesn't sign players in Carolina LOL Samuel got a 35 million deal from Washington... That ain't chump change or minimum deal 

He also got a $20 million dollar deal here... He is a lock to make the team this year

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, because of a $13M dead cap, or thereabouts, he's a lock.  

You don't seriously think that they would cut him, do you?  

We haven't signed a single WR with a significant contract.  MVS signed a $2.2M contract, he's the highest paid WR besides Samuel.  Half of that was SB.  Hollins has a slightly bigger contract but costs less against the cap to cut.  Hollins has been on 4 different teams in six seasons.  He's averaged 18 YPG and not even 2 TDs/season.  

There's zero chance that Samuel gets cut.  

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

No, because of a $13M dead cap, or thereabouts, he's a lock.  

You don't seriously think that they would cut him, do you?  

We haven't signed a single WR with a significant contract.  MVS signed a $2.2M contract, he's the highest paid WR besides Samuel.  Half of that was SB.  Hollins has a slightly bigger contract but costs less against the cap to cut.  Hollins has been on 4 different teams in six seasons.  He's averaged 18 YPG and not even 2 TDs/season.  

There's zero chance that Samuel gets cut.  

yeah paying him that money is nuts

so is any talk of a Carolina/Brady link being a reason they wouldn’t cut him. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brady doesn't sign players in Carolina LOL Samuel got a 35 million deal from Washington... That ain't chump change or minimum deal 

He also got a $20 million dollar deal here... He is a lock to make the team this year

if Brady doesn’t pick his players then there is no meaningful  connection to  Carolina, where they shared a cup of coffee

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

if Brady doesn’t pick his players then there is no meaningful  connection to  Carolina, where they shared a cup of coffee

Did Samuel and Brady mesh in their offense?

Sure... Do pro personnel scouts, think about which impending free agents will play good in your system? Yes... Do they relay that to the front office... Sure

But Brady did not have any power to re sign or not resign a player... That is total front office... With some head coach opinion 

He just coaches the players he gets... And has an opinion on which players fit or do not fit in his system on pro personnel side 

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did Samuel and Brady mesh in their offense?

Sure... Do pro personnel scouts, think about which impending free agents will play good in your system? Yes... Do they relay that to the front office... Sure

But Brady did not have any power to re sign or not resign a player... That is total front office... With some head coach opinion 

He just coaches the players he gets... And has an opinion on which players fit or do not fit in his system on pro personnel side 

I think we all understood that the OC doesn’t sign players…

I dont know if Brady and Samuel meshed. My guess is that the Carolina FO, which has the power to sign or not resign players, concluded they did not

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think we all understood that the OC doesn’t sign players…

I dont know if Brady and Samuel meshed. My guess is that the Carolina FO, which has the power to sign or not resign players, concluded they did not

For 35 million dollars that is a hard sign... Our own Gabe Davis IS NFL quality 

But just got like 14 million a year... We couldn't pay that either 

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

We haven't been discussing whether it's to much money or not, we've been talking the WRs on the roster relative to one another. 

I also do not agree with just about anything we do re: or offensive MO/strategy, you should know that, I'm among our biggest critics. 

But to think that we sign a bunch of WRs that have achieved nothing in this league, then sign Samuel for $23 M over three years with the thought of possibly cutting him, ... I honestly don't know what to say about anyone that would think that.  

IMO or strategy for stocking WRs on Allen's watch has been nearly criminal. 

While it may not be saying much, and whether or not I like it (I don't), Samuel's currently the second best WR on this team with a wide gap between him and #3.  

Edited by PBF81

19 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Well, 8 seasons is more than enough time to "adjust."  If they don't have it by the end of this season ...

Josh has had a #1 WR for just the past 4 years and his ascendance correlated with Diggs' arrival.  Whether there was causation remains to be seen, which is why I said they may need to adjust (i.e. go back to that) next year.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's as locked as locked can be.  Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/10/2024 at 3:33 PM, PBF81 said:

We haven't been discussing whether it's to much money or not, we've been talking the WRs on the roster relative to one another. 

I also do not agree with just about anything we do re: or offensive MO/strategy, you should know that, I'm among our biggest critics. 

But to think that we sign a bunch of WRs that have achieved nothing in this league, then sign Samuel for $23 M over three years with the thought of possibly cutting him, ... I honestly don't know what to say about anyone that would think that.  

IMO or strategy for stocking WRs on Allen's watch has been nearly criminal. 

While it may not be saying much, and whether or not I like it (I don't), Samuel's currently the second best WR on this team with a wide gap between him and #3.  

I agree with many of your points.  

there isn’t much of a gap between Samuel and, say, Shakir. Paying that much for him made no sense

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 7:04 PM, PBF81 said:

Huh?  Beane is literally known as the most direct and forthright GM with the media in the entire NFL and its why he is such a sought after guest, he gives real insight into how he thinks as a GM and gives good informative answers.  I can't remember any GM in history who has been as upfront and straight forward with his plans, approach, etc ever.  McD and Beane are maybe the most honest combo of a HC/GM in the league.  Now McD as HC can't be as forthcoming as Beane because he gets asked a lot more sensitive questions that needs to stay in house, but he also doesn't come out and BS people with a bunch of lies either.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  Beane is literally known as the most direct and forthright GM with the media in the entire NFL and its why he is such a sought after guest, he gives real insight into how he thinks as a GM and gives good informative answers.  I can't remember any GM in history who has been as upfront and straight forward with his plans, approach, etc ever.  McD and Beane are maybe the most honest combo of a HC/GM in the league.  Now McD as HC can't be as forthcoming as Beane because he gets asked a lot more sensitive questions that needs to stay in house, but he also doesn't come out and BS people with a bunch of lies either.  

Right!  We've only been awaiting the truth about "13 Seconds" for nearly three seasons now.  

Let us all know when the video of the real, not the nonsense video, posts.  

Edited by PBF81