Hotels in Buffalo ?

Gman10

6 hours ago, US Egg said:

If you want to get really crazy, stay here:  https://therichardsonhotelbuffalo.com

image.png.deb4382b232a66cd2b0e36e6b977fa48.png

I’ve put this out here before, but we have a neighbor who is a rather renowned architect. His wife went to the beach for vacation, and he went to Buffalo for his own little architecture tour. He saw the Bills stuff in the man cave and sent me pictures of wings and beer that weekend! I said “you have to try the pizza!” A few seconds later I get a pic of his pizza. It was an immersion experience, I give him credit. 

This guy can and does go all over the world for jobs and pleasure. He’s an expert in architecture and this was a treat for him. I didn’t realize that growing up, and I bet a lot of people out there still don’t realize all the old jewels remaining from when Buffalo was thriving. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve stayed at several places downtown, and they were all fine. It’s nice to be walkable to different restaurants and bars. Along that line, I usually stay on Main St in Williamsville at the Hampton Inn. That was my old stomping grounds and there are plenty of options within an easy walk. 

That's funny I was at that same hotel I'll say in 2019ish I think.  The years increasingly go by faster...

I just remember driving right by it the first time as the actual hotel is sort of a little pushed back off the Main Street.  There was a convince store right there as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

That's funny I was at that same hotel I'll say in 2019ish I think.  The years increasingly go by faster...

I just remember driving right by it the first time as the actual hotel is sort of a little pushed back off the Main Street.  There was a convince store right there as well.  

That’s the place! You can easily walk to a bunch of great stuff from there. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s the place! You can easily walk to a bunch of great stuff from there. 

I remember Sorrentino's across the street.

Yeah that hotel definitely does the trick for me as well if I'm ever up that way.  

8 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah that hotel definitely does the trick for me as well if I'm ever up that way.  

A good friend of mine was a buddy with a Sorrentino kid. I loved that pizza, but looking back I wonder if that was because maybe it was free? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve put this out here before, but we have a neighbor who is a rather renowned architect. His wife went to the beach for vacation, and he went to Buffalo for his own little architecture tour. He saw the Bills stuff in the man cave and sent me pictures of wings and beer that weekend! I said “you have to try the pizza!” A few seconds later I get a pic of his pizza. It was an immersion experience, I give him credit. 

This guy can and does go all over the world for jobs and pleasure. He’s an expert in architecture and this was a treat for him. I didn’t realize that growing up, and I bet a lot of people out there still don’t realize all the old jewels remaining from when Buffalo was thriving. 

I walked around the grounds a few times when the cages were on the outside and the building(asylum) was dark, bleak, abandoned and rundown.

The place was creepy. The architecture, impressive as it is, added to that vibe.

Never thought it be what it is now. 

Edited by US Egg

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Is the Hampton Inn in a better spot than the Marriott Residence Inn on Delaware ? 

3 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Is the Hampton Inn in a better spot than the Marriott Residence Inn on Delaware ? 

I can’t help you with the Marriott as I’ve never been there. The Hampton Inn is just what you’d expect, a Hampton Inn. Never great, but never terrible. The thing I like best about it is the easy walking distance to a bunch of bars with live music and restaurants, one of which I used to go to as a kid with my parents. 

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Pretty sure Tom Brady wrote a travel

book about best hotels in Buffalo kinda thing. It’s an easy read. 

You can find it in those pamphlet displays at the thruway rest areas, between the "Greatest attractions on the US side of Niagara Falls" and the "Mighty Taco Fine Dining Guide" 

Edited by Just Jack

On 6/7/2024 at 1:09 PM, Gman10 said:

Is Allentown really nice?

Ill add it, any suggestions for must be places or "chill"/old looking bars Im in

My vote:

Founding Fathers. Located downtown Buffalo. Small dive littered with presidential history. If you catch the owner behind the bar, he’ll rattle off some random trivia for you. Free nacho bar and popcorn. 

https://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/businesses/founding-fathers-pub/

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Augie said:

I can’t help you with the Marriott as I’ve never been there. The Hampton Inn is just what you’d expect, a Hampton Inn. Never great, but never terrible. The thing I like best about it is the easy walking distance to a bunch of bars with live music and restaurants, one of which I used to go to as a kid with my parents. 

Is that area more fun/lively/safer than Allentown?

Edited by Gman10

1 minute ago, Gman10 said:

Is that area more fun/lively than Allentown?

I don’t know Allentown, but probably not. It’s plenty for me, however, with multiple options for live music and places to eat and drink. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2024 at 5:55 PM, Augie said:

Buffalo is a phenomenal architecture city.  I think that's a point that gets lost on many people with Buffalo's reputation as being a blue collar rust belt city.  Buffalo is known for being an awesome sports town with great food and bar scene but the architecture in the city is probably it's most underrated feature.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, Gman10 said:

Idk about the Marriott.

I stayed as well at some Holiday Inns on Niagara Falls Blvd.  One was still pretty new.  It wasn't the greatest view in the world but I was impressed at the size of the hotel room the one time I went there.  To me it does the trick.  

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Buffalo is a phenomenal architecture city.  I think that's a point that gets lost on many people with Buffalo's reputation as being a blue collar rust belt city.  Buffalo is known for being an awesome sports town with great food and bar scene but the architecture in the city is probably it's most underrated feature.  

Yeah that's why I love cities like Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.  They have that rust belt sports crazed stereotype to outsiders.  Some of which is true but there's other stuff beyond that as well.  Like Pittsburgh had the Andy Warhol museum, Cleveland has a world class art museum among other stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/7/2024 at 3:45 PM, Back2Buff said:

This is really bad advice.  The 1 hotel anywhere near the stadium is complete trash.

Lots of great hotels downtown.  The visiting teams stay at Hyatt Regency.  The hotel within 500 Pearl is nice because there are things to do within 500 Pearl.

We stayed here. Very good hotel. It was close to everywhere we wanted to be. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The swimming pool was just the job too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.