Hotels in Buffalo ?

Gman10

Hey all! Going to a Bills game this fall and want to make a little vacation out of it and plan to eat our way thru and explore a bit of Buffalo for 3 to 4 days after the game. Whats the best area/hotel to stay at? 

Thanks all

It all depends on price. The Roycroft in East Aurora is a great hotel, but a bit on the pricy side. The Marriott right at Harbor Center puts you right in the heart of Canalside, with great views of the city. If you don't mind a drive, a hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario is also an option. Stay away from the Budget Inns and such. Those are used for NYC transfers if you get what I'm saying. 

Be warned that the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world.

Lots of people recommend staying near the stadium but since you have more on your itinerary than just the game I would stay somewhere downtown.  Most things of interest to you will be a quick drive from downtown and there are plenty of dining and drinking options which will be walkable.  Book ASAP as rooms get pricey the weekend of home games.

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Lots of people recommend staying near the stadium but since you have more on your itinerary than just the game I would stay somewhere downtown.  Most things of interest to you will be a quick drive from downtown and there are plenty of dining and drinking options which will be walkable.  Book ASAP as rooms get pricey the weekend of home games.

This is really bad advice.  The 1 hotel anywhere near the stadium is complete trash.

Lots of great hotels downtown.  The visiting teams stay at Hyatt Regency.  The hotel within 500 Pearl is nice because there are things to do within 500 Pearl.

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This is really bad advice.  The 1 hotel anywhere near the stadium is complete trash.

Lots of great hotels downtown.  The visiting teams stay at Hyatt Regency.  The hotel within 500 Pearl is nice because there are things to do within 500 Pearl.

I completely agree.  Saving 10 minutes on your drive to the stadium in the morning isn't worth staying in an area with absolutely nothing to see or do over a long weekend.

I’ve stayed at several places downtown, and they were all fine. It’s nice to be walkable to different restaurants and bars. Along that line, I usually stay on Main St in Williamsville at the Hampton Inn. That was my old stomping grounds and there are plenty of options within an easy walk. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Is Allentown the place? 

We wanted to go to Anchor and Duffs, someone said Snyder Bar is cool and 

allen venture burger?

If you're near Allentown try Gabriels gate for wings

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Is Allentown really nice?

40 minutes ago, Process said:

Ill add it, any suggestions for must be places or "chill"/old looking bars Im in

For the Pats game last season we stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Hamburg.  Wasn’t super nice, but was just fine if you’re not too fussy.  Reasonable price, clean room, free breakfast buffet, and a very easy trip to the stadium.  I would stay there again.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

For the Pats game last season we stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Hamburg.  Wasn’t super nice, but was just fine if you’re not too fussy.  Reasonable price, clean room, free breakfast buffet, and a very easy trip to the stadium.  I would stay there again.

I lived in Hamburg thru 3rd grade and went back to look around a few years ago when I was back for a game. I had lunch at John and Mary’s (a treat for me!) and it looked like the little downtown area was doing well with some cute shops and restaurants.  I’d like to spend a bit more time looking around there next trip back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Always like the Marriott Residence Inn on Delaware...walking distance to good Allentown bars/restaurants. 

i live right around the corner from here year ago and loved the area.  quick walks to garbiels gate and coulter bay.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

Related to this, plenty of reasonably priced bnb places in historic area homes within walking distance of Gabriels Gate and other establishments if willing to consider places besides hotels. We are staying at bnb places in this area for a couple of games this year.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gman10 said:

Is Allentown really nice?

Ill add it, any suggestions for must be places or "chill"/old looking bars Im in

Allentown is like the trendier artsy area 

Bars , restaurants, cool old architecture 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Is this Tom Brady’s burner account?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.