Eagles-Packers No Green in Brazil

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A good friend of mine’s twenty one year old son was murdered while visiting Mexico as have many many others. The issue here is not the per capita murder ‘rate’ but who are the targets. It’s VERY rare that a tourist is murdered while visiting the United States. 

This country also varies greatly by zip code. Americans mostly know what part of their city can be dangerous, and how people find that trouble. Buffalo has its share of issues for example, but I’m not stressed out in most locations. In South America even the glamorous decent looking neighborhoods aren’t very safe.

As far as per capita crime rates, I’m not sure how some have such inaccurate information. It actually is far higher in South America than the US. There’s a reason that survey’s in places like Brazil indicate the majority would like to leave their country. Brazil like much of South America has a fun culture, with people who enjoy life, but even locals don’t feel safe at any time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Strethor said:

The NFL did no research on Corinthians 

Pretty hilarious that a multi-billion dollar corporation overlooks something like this

💯 talk to someone from the city for ten minutes and you would get that info.

Roger Dodger doubles down and chooses 2 green teams so no one could be targeted-genius level planning and execution right there. 

In reality and all kidding aside I doubt if people would target NFL fans the week leading up to a game based on jersey color- easy targets and sticking out like sore thumbs maybe but not jersey color. 

If there was a soccer exhibition in Chicago I doubt if people would target Fiorentina fans because their jerseys are the same color as the Vikings. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 1:55 AM, LeGOATski said:

It's overblown. This is like saying "don't wear red in Crip territory!!" as if any Joe Schmoe is gonna get jumped for that alone.

If you're an obvious outsider/tourist, they don't give a ***** about you.

Tourists have been traveling to Brazil for decades.

You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave. 

*guitar solo*

Edited by stinky finger

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

No offense, but I’m gonna go with the abundance of caution that the State Department provides.  Your assessment sounds like the guy who says “Yeah, my grandfather smoked four packs a day and lived to 100, so it must be safe”

Great, 'cause I don't give advice, and couldn't care less, so no offense taken.

I will make one point though regarding the State Dept's "advice."

Companies who operate in that realm have their own security information which is light years ahead of the State Department. My son in law is a State Department Officer with an area of responsibility in this part of the world and shares my view.

Regarding things that happen to Americans there, our union website, which is a very active forum gets this stuff from first hand knowledge in hours, and anything that happens is posted and discussed.

Again, I have no interest in given anyone here advice about anything.

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

No offense, but I’m gonna go with the abundance of caution that the State Department provides.  Your assessment sounds like the guy who says “Yeah, my grandfather smoked four packs a day and lived to 100, so it must be safe”

The funny thing is he’s admitted several times that it’s not the safest place to be. Explaining how you need to be on your guard in these places. But won’t just come out and admit what he originally said was incorrect. 

im sure I could go on and on and find countless links and articles explaining how unsafe it is but I don’t need to. I think the majority of reasonable people understand it. 

• Agree 1

Simply an idiotic view.

Thousands of Americans and Europeans visit South America every day, safely, enjoyably and in confident comfort.

Thousands of Americans work there, and have thousands of locals who work for their companies every day.

Great place. Glad to have had the experience, myself and my family, including kids, which with friends still goes on.

To each his own.,

So that’s awesome !

Teams that have had the color green ever since their inception, now because of gangs in a foreign country can’t wear their colors ?

You think if there is that much worry of gangs getting miffed because of a color they might just not play the game there due to keeping the fans safe ? just saying !

They are taking America’s game to another country in the name of MO GREEN MONEY or greed & can’t wear their home colors because it’s affiliated with gangs, so let’s make up some new uni’s just for this game !  

Just 1 more reason for me to not watch.

Let’s just keep the games where they belong ! Go ahead put the Pro Bowl in those countries for a Vaca for the players but keep the games that mean something home ! 

Thanks for this info. 

On 6/8/2024 at 6:44 PM, Logic said:

How is this thread still a thing? The NFL refuted this. Jacobs admitted he was misinformed. 

Both teams will be wearing green. 

On 6/8/2024 at 7:15 PM, WotAGuy said:

Because we’re not done arguing about *****

Yeah!

Star Wars Fight GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/8/2024 at 8:29 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I recently saw a video where a guy showed how you could vacation in Afghanistan and how to get a visa from the Taliban. The top comment was "Step one: Don't be a woman"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.