Eagles-Packers No Green in Brazil

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Thats just crazy Mark, as you said another brilliant move by Goodel.  He sure knows that the cash grab is green

• Like (+1) 2

So, there's a thing about gang warfare and wearing green is dangerous? And the NFL said, let's get the Packers and the Eagles to play there?

If green cleats were a problem for a soccer player, what exactly are these teams supposed to do about their uniforms?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4

50 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thats just crazy Mark, as you said another brilliant move by Goodel.  He sure knows that the cash grab is green

26 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

So, there's a thing about gang warfare and wearing green is dangerous? And the NFL said, let's get the Packers and the Eagles to play there?

If green cleats were a problem for a soccer player, what exactly are these teams supposed to do about their uniforms?

I first thought that this was a joke.

This is Darwin award like.

Posted (edited)

this doesnt surprise me one bit.   USWNT played in Mexico some time ago,  and the stadium had fully kitted armed security ringing the pitch.  body armor,  tac helmets,  pistols,  the whole shebang,  for what was a tiny crowd compared to the capacity of the stadium they played in.  Central and South America is no joke.  the security situation down there is a mess.   so you want to send celebrity millionaires to some of the highest per capita cities for kidnapping,  riding around in armored vehicles?   the insurance companies must be having a fit.   next WWC is in Brazil,  and you have to wonder how safe its going to be for all the teams/players.  no hate to these countries,  but you cant ignore just how unsafe it is for foreigners,  even in the tourist zones.   you couldnt pay me to go to Mexico,  the cartels run a 1/4 of that country outright,  and have their fingers in nearly everything else in the other parts.  Brazil isnt much better.

just another example of how your boss really doesnt care about you.  its all about the money.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If they didn’t want green, the only pairing worse would be the Jets and Eagles.

Great job, NFL. None of them want to be playing a game all the way in São Paulo Brazil anyway.

Posted (edited)

It's overblown. This is like saying "don't wear red in Crip territory!!" as if any Joe Schmoe is gonna get jumped for that alone.

If you're an obvious outsider/tourist, they don't give a ***** about you.

Tourists have been traveling to Brazil for decades.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

32 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's overblown. This is like saying "don't wear red in Crip territory!!" as if any Joe Schmoe is gonna get jumped for that alone.

If you're an obvious outsider/tourist, they don't give a ***** about you.

Tourists have been traveling to Brazil for decades.

This was his last post. He was never seen again…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11

I've spent hundreds of days in Sau Paulo, though not in the area of that stadium.

It's like lots of very big cities.

If you're careful and don't do stupid things, it isn't that big of a worry.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So that's why Minnesota has the new 'all white' uniform.  4D chess.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

All I know is that I am going to be pissed off if the Bills wear blue this season. 

Rather than p.o.'d, wouldn't you just be blue? 🤔

image.jpeg.16d78ccaced2df55a659093b0550b20b.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

more Brazil etiquette 101. I learned this while in a Rotary Intl meeting in Brazil. I would have never known this otherwise. 

Brazilians use a thumbs up and thumbs down to convey approval or disapproval, respectively. Avoid using the American “okay” sign, which makes an “o” shape with index and thumb touching. This is a rude symbol in Brazil that translates roughly to extending your middle finger in the us.

I traveled in Brazil for work on several occasions.  We always had armed security.  It is a much more dangerous place than many people realize.  Americans stand out there because we often dress differently, speak differently, and definitely are seen as spending larger amounts of money than locals. Americans are targets for criminals. Kidnapping, robbery, and violent assaults to tourists are not uncommon.  In some places, local law enforcement is corrupt and enables the dangerous environment to exist.  There's not a chance that I would go there for a game and I find it hard to believe that the NFL chose to schedule a game there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It can’t be much worse than going to a Raiders game in Oakland. That was brutal! 

I would imagine going to an Eagles game especially wearing anything Giants/Cowboys related is probably just as dangerous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would imagine going to an Eagles game especially wearing anything Giants/Cowboys related is probably just as dangerous.

I wore a bills jersey in KC 2 season ago, and while people gave me some grief but nobody was particularly hostile?  I did go with a group of chiefs fans though.  Scariest dude i've probably ever met (probably 6'8 350 biker dude with a mohawk and his head painted like a chiefs helmet) was actually really nice in the beer line.  The issue there is just how cocky and condescending their fans are towards the rest of the league.  It's obnoxious and they desperately need a humbling.  

Philly fans have a bad history of violence, but i feel like you'd probably be ok at this point.  It's likely very similar to buffalo - a couple hundred bad apples needing to perpetuate a stereotype.  In buffalo thats... drinking in massive excess, and performing dangerous table related stunts.  In philly its also drinking in massive excess and being jerks to just about everyone and everything.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.