The list of most miserable fanbases in sports

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

so Not to derail this into a Cleveland thread. But the "dawg pound" fans are disliking their QB eh? That's news to me 

If I was a Cleveland fan, I would hate him. I'd be counting the days until he was replaced. Unfortunately, due to the way his contract is structured, that's going to be a lot of days! 🤢

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

2) Do the online equivalent of cardboard and duct tape.

I will not stand idly by while somebody disparages the wonder that is duct tape.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And look who sits at number 1 

Wow #13 is reeeeeeeeeally unlucky.

Also, they really meant suffering fanbases.  The top four in miserable would be Pats, Bruins, Celtics,  Red Sox.

• Agree 1

Where are the Marlins? Has any other franchise ever gutted their team after a championship? Throw in the God-awful stadium remake a few years back and the awesome reign of Derek Jeter as part owner and CEO (hey, we should trade our best player to the Crankees!) and they'd be high up on my list.

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

How did the Sabres not make it on this list??

Dude, the Bulls are on this list but the Knicks aren’t as well.  LOL

In over 50 years the Knicks haven’t win a championship and have only been back twice.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't agree on a lot of this but if ya ask me the A's should be #1. They have played in a non maintained dump  for years, the owner is a jerk that screwed Oakland and they are moving to Sacramento for who knows how long as Vegas doesn't seem to want them.  Add in the team sucks and yup they are #1

Yet the owner of the Sacramento River Cats is calling the A's in a Minor League Stadium the best ticket in Baseball, and rumors are he's going to charge Yankee and Dodger ticket prices to see the A's in Sacto. Everything connected to the A's is a joke. I wish I could fly my "SELL" flag at my house, but we have a US and Canadian flag flying. My wife said a third flag would make us a "Tr**p" house and she doesn't want that look. 

I mean - the bills have a history of misery.  However, losing to the eventual super bowl champs in the playoffs is a lot less miserable than the longest professional sports playoff drought.  We have one of the top 3 QBs in the league.  They're fun to watch.  So i don't really think of it that way.

The Sabres are miserable to watch though.  The organization as a whole is so uninspiring and its hit a point where its not even misery anymore, its just become this sense of complete apathy.  No one goes to watch, and no one watches them on tv anymore because no one has cable and there are blackout restrictions.  The people that care are honestly more angry than miserable.    

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I mean - the bills have a history of misery.  However, losing to the eventual super bowl champs in the playoffs is a lot less miserable than the longest professional sports playoff drought.  We have one of the top 3 QBs in the league.  They're fun to watch.  So i don't really think of it that way.

The Sabres are miserable to watch though.  The organization as a whole is so uninspiring and its hit a point where its not even misery anymore, its just become this sense of complete apathy.  No one goes to watch, and no one watches them on tv anymore because no one has cable and there are blackout restrictions.  The people that care are honestly more angry than miserable.    

omgosh the Sabres bashing. It must be because I have only been involved watching the NHL for about a year due to ESPN + and having renewed access.

I love hockey and the Sabres are my team.  Reading posts like yours is frustrating. Hockey is a Great sport. I am very sorry it is seen as so miserable in your eyes.

Futility in a hockey jersey I think NOT. SMH sooo much bitterness.   The game is GREAT just saying.

I think some folks are misinterpreting miserable fans with lack of team success. Some teams have a bunch of success, but their fan base can be miserable butt-holes if they don't win a championship

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I think some folks are misinterpreting miserable fans with lack of team success. Some teams have a bunch of success, but their fan base can be miserable butt-holes if they don't win a championship

As opposed to Pats*** fans, who are generally just miserable butt-holes that also happen to bandwagon cheer for a football team despite knowing nothing about the sport

3 hours ago, OldNMBillsFan said:

And here is another one.

During the playoff drought, there were a lot of petty personal squabbles on this board. It often seemed as though people were devoting more time and emotional energy into going after each other, than they were into discussing football.

Now, you barely see any of that at all; and nearly all the attention is on football. I don't know what specific action the mods took to create this change. But they obviously did something, and I for one am appreciative of that! I'd much rather spend my time on a football discussion board, than on a petty personal squabble discussion board.

Predictive statements will vary in their levels of optimism and accuracy. I don't need every predictive statement to be all sunshine and roses.

3 hours ago, muppy said:

omgosh the Sabres bashing. It must be because I have only been involved watching the NHL for about a year due to ESPN + and having renewed access.

I love hockey and the Sabres are my team.  Reading posts like yours is frustrating. Hockey is a Great sport. I am very sorry it is seen as so miserable in your eyes.

Futility in a hockey jersey I think NOT. SMH sooo much bitterness.   The game is GREAT just saying.

It's tough.  I probably watched 50 games and went to 5 this year?  They've been so bad on home ice for what seems like forever, and they look so uninspired when you watch them.  

I sat behind the net i think 4x this season and it was jarring to see a guy like cozens totally avoid a check behind the net.  They don't seem to do things the right way, are passive, and just generally have an entirely rudderless feel.  Hopefully lindy can infuse some juice not only in the fan base, but in the actual team.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

During the playoff drought, there were a lot of petty personal squabbles on this board. It often seemed as though people were devoting more time and emotional energy into going after each other, than they were into discussing football.

Now, you barely see any of that at all; and nearly all the attention is on football. I don't know what specific action the mods took to create this change. But they obviously did something, and I for one am appreciative of that! I'd much rather spend my time on a football discussion board, than on a petty personal squabble discussion board.

Predictive statements will vary in their levels of optimism and accuracy. I don't need every predictive statement to be all sunshine and roses.

It was largely divided into a couple camps who would always argue, and any topic went back to:

Russ Brandon is really the defacto GM, Ralph Wilson doesnt care, the (current) coach is just happy to be here, and is agreeable to working under Russ brandon with limited resources and there was no attempt at a real coaching search.

vs

Russ brandon is a marketing genius and has nothing to do with the football team, and would be scooped up by another franchise in 30 seconds if they fired him.  Nix, Whaley, etc are smart.  The previous seasons are the fault of *fill in ex coach or front office name*.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.