The list of most miserable fanbases in sports

19 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It was largely divided into a couple camps who would always argue, and any topic went back to:

Russ Brandon is really the defacto GM, Ralph Wilson doesnt care, the (current) coach is just happy to be here, and is agreeable to working under Russ brandon with limited resources and there was no attempt at a real coaching search.

vs

Russ brandon is a marketing genius and has nothing to do with the football team, and would be scooped up by another franchise in 30 seconds if they fired him.  Nix, Whaley, etc are smart.  The previous seasons are the fault of *fill in ex coach or front office name*.  

I agree with that. Obviously there were other arguments as well. Such as: who is better. Losman or Trent Edwards? Turned out the answer to that question didn't matter, as neither QB was the right answer.

On 6/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

And look who sits at number 1 

How in the world is the University of Utah on this list? We've had some great years recently, and not just in football.

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

To be a "JIM" (Jets, Islanders, Mets) fan has to be depressing with the Jets and Mets in the top 5.

No more depressing than living in Northern New Jersey in the first place...

• Haha (+1) 3

On 6/6/2024 at 4:23 PM, OldNMBillsFan said:

I agree! This board absolutely sucks now. It was better during the drought years. Now, many so-called Bills fans piss and moan like children. I no longer live in the area and this site was the best place to go to get good Bills info, been here for over 14 years. Now it is infected with so called Bills fans that have over 20,000 posts and only joined 2 years ago crying like little girls who weren't invited to the prom. Give me a break.

Go Bills!!!!

Time for another beer.

Yeah, one of the worst complaints is having too many prime time games because they have to get up for work the next day.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:00 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

And look who sits at number 1 

Miserable? I'm an ND fan and I'm not miserable. I think most ND fans are actually overly optimistic, especially from the fan pages I am on. And Detroit at 10? Their fans are super-hype about their team and they're coming off a NFCCG appearance. Ohio St. at 41 is also dumb considering how long they've been winning. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I think some folks are misinterpreting miserable fans with lack of team success. Some teams have a bunch of success, but their fan base can be miserable butt-holes if they don't win a championship

That's why the Jests are #1.  They've had some decent teams over the years but they've always been unhappy because they've always known they're "second stringers".   They've played in another team's real home stadium since the early 90s.  They've suffered not being good enough to the Bills in the 1990s.  They've suffered not being good enough to the Pats in the 2000s ... and now they know they're not good enough to take on the Bills again. Maybe their 41-year-old QB can get them a playoff berth this year.  Maybe.

16 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It was largely divided into a couple camps who would always argue, and any topic went back to:

Russ Brandon is really the defacto GM, Ralph Wilson doesnt care, the (current) coach is just happy to be here, and is agreeable to working under Russ brandon with limited resources and there was no attempt at a real coaching search.

vs

Russ brandon is a marketing genius and has nothing to do with the football team, and would be scooped up by another franchise in 30 seconds if they fired him.  Nix, Whaley, etc are smart.  The previous seasons are the fault of *fill in ex coach or front office name*.  

Guess which camp was right?

I submit the answer is Buffalo, based on lyrical evidence that may be representative of what the public thinks:

Tee Grizzley - Grizzley 2Tymes

"All my n****s gettin' green, b***h, we play for Boston (Yeah)
Nah, all my n****s gettin' blues, b***h, we play for Buffalo'"

Question: Wouldn't St. Louis have been a better choice, since "Blues" in St. Louis doesn't refer to sadness? I mean, musicians want irony here, right? [Or are the lyrics referring to when the Bills play in all blues, or even the Sabres?]

Irony, for example:

Lil Wayne - Broke Up

"Okay, it's Gudda, h**, all about my Bills like Buffalo'"

[The Buffalo Bills have nothing to do with a financial obligation, a "bill".]

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.