2024 Election Polls - President - Senate - House

11 hours ago, Doc said:

Big mad at installing Harris and scared of her?  LOL!  Good one.

Most Dems didn't want Harris either.  So the "they didn't want Biden so they listened" is a farce.  And you know that if they truly cared about "democracy" and had an open primary...she'd lose big time.  And that would just make POC big mad. 

Any damn candidate could’ve run against Biden in the primary they chose not to other damn candidates could’ve put their name in the hat instead they all supported Harris there’s legal reasons especially considering the GOP was ready to sue anybody else there’s financial reasons and there’s time. Last time I checked, the convention hasn’t happened even still and the delegates were given the opportunity to back Harris or not and I don’t think all the delicates who were committed to Biden committed to Harris so it’s not some kind of coronation. I think you need to get your house in order Since two months after Nikki Haley dropped out she was still pulling 20% of the vote from the old one ear felon. 

at the end of the day, everybody has a choice in November they can vote for the Republican candidate. They can vote for the Democratic candidate. They can vote for an independent.

The cross tabs in this polling all seem believable, aside from Trump getting 27% of the black vote.

He wins in a landslide if that’s the case. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The cross tabs in this polling all seem believable, aside from Trump getting 27% of the black vote.

He wins in a landslide if that’s the case. 

I mean historically you need the Dem to get +4 in the popular vote to win with the R electoral college advantage.

If Trump wins popular vote +2 it would be a landslide.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

New YouGov drop:

Big shift in 1 day already:

As we've seen before, the generic ballot (do you prefer Republicans or Democrats to control the government/congress?) has remained pretty consistent even as Biden individually cratered. So substituting "generic Democrat" Harris for Biden brought things back into balance right away.

This is why Team Trump is laser focused on trying to knock down Harris in any possible way. Don't believe polls showing that Trump can approach 50+ percent approval; those were a function of having nowhere else to go when people refused to vote for Biden.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As we've seen before, the generic ballot (do you prefer Republicans or Democrats to control the government/congress?) has remained pretty consistent even as Biden individually cratered. So substituting "generic Democrat" Harris for Biden brought things back into balance right away.

This is why Team Trump is laser focused on trying to knock down Harris in any possible way. Don't believe polls showing that Trump can approach 50+ percent approval; those were a function of having nowhere else to go when people refused to vote for Biden.

The strange thing is, Trump is hitting 50%+ in some of the new polling, which prior to this past week was a moonshot.   He was around 46-47% to a cratering Biden in the 30’s.  

However, as you point out, generic Dem is now Kamala Harris and what remains to be seen is does she have a higher ceiling than some polling showing her +2 in Trump or is that a high water mark… because that probably won’t be enough to beat him, unless she pulls a Trump 2016 and narrowly wins in the swing states. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The strange thing is, Trump is hitting 50%+ in some of the new polling, which prior to this past week was a moonshot

Yep, I saw that. But I can't believe it's an actual thing rather than a momentary blip or a noisy poll. One constant is that he never, ever gets past 47 or so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep, I saw that. But I can't believe it's an actual thing rather than a momentary blip or a noisy poll. One constant is that he never, ever gets past 47 or so.

He’s hit over 50 percent only in polls where the choice is Harris or Trump. Where he hits 51 percent Harris is hitting 49 percent.

Theyre not very reflective of the actual election, especially with RFK pulling Trump support more than hes pulling Harris support.

15 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Oh boy. I hope you’re seeing a therapist. 

I hope you're on medication for the fantasy world you live in.  Case in point:

14 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, that’s what I did in 2017 when I decided to leave the GOP 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Shocking number from Rasmussen

That’s not the Rasmussen Reports poll.  

Scott left 10 years ago

Adults.  

So per the voters - and after the next month or so as the economy continues to free fall and she has to talk - will be 25 percent.