2024 Election Polls - President - Senate - House

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And no way those polls are close - all of them showing Harris bumps at the moment are a complete sham designed to create bandwagon impact - which low info Dems have zero issues swallowing.  

“Any poll that disagrees with what I want is fake!” - A truly serious person who we should all definitely take seriously 

Harris has certainly seen improvement over where Biden was. That’s been well documented across lots of polls. 

However, closing the gap doesn’t mean taking the lead and it certainly doesn’t mean the race is in the bag. 

Plus, the electoral college has had a GOP advantage for a while. If the national polls have Harris +2, then Trump is still probably the favorite to win it. 

29 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“Any poll that disagrees with what I want is fake!” - A truly serious person who we should all definitely take seriously 

Harris has certainly seen improvement over where Biden was. That’s been well documented across lots of polls. 

However, closing the gap doesn’t mean taking the lead and it certainly doesn’t mean the race is in the bag. 

Plus, the electoral college has had a GOP advantage for a while. If the national polls have Harris +2, then Trump is still probably the favorite to win it. 

I was pretty angry when I heard Kamala was getting chosen.  The excitement level bump has been a pleasant surprise.   Not just numbers, listening to her crowds there's an audible difference.  If she gets young people voting she could win.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I was pretty angry when I heard Kamala was getting chosen.  The excitement level bump has been a pleasant surprise.   Not just numbers, listening to her crowds there's an audible difference.  If she gets young people voting she could win.  

Chosen doesn't sound democratic.  And young, like the uneducated narrative?

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I thought it was the only realistic option given the constraints.

It’s worked out far better than I expected though 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And no way those polls are close - all of them showing Harris bumps at the moment are a complete sham designed to create bandwagon impact - which low info Dems have zero issues swallowing.  

Yup.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Chosen doesn’t sound democratic?  Lol.  You may wanna tweak your own narrative a bit there.  

The funny thing these guys struggle with is that polling showed that most people didn’t want Biden to run again. But the primaries were set with him as the only viable candidate, so Dems voted for him. 

Now that the actual will of the Dem voters is being listened to with Biden not running, MAGA suddenly pretends to care about the will of the people in a way manages to be completely antithetical to what the people want.

The only conclusion: they are scared and big mad 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The funny thing these guys struggle with is that polling showed that most people didn’t want Biden to run again. But the primaries were set with him as the only viable candidate, so Dems voted for him. 

Now that the actual will of the Dem voters is being listened to with Biden not running, MAGA suddenly pretends to care about the will of the people in a way manages to be completely antithetical to what the people want.

The only conclusion: they are scared and big mad 

Big mad at installing Harris and scared of her?  LOL!  Good one.

Most Dems didn't want Harris either.  So the "they didn't want Biden so they listened" is a farce.  And you know that if they truly cared about "democracy" and had an open primary...she'd lose big time.  And that would just make POC big mad. 

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Big mad at installing Harris and scared of her?  LOL!  Good one.

Most Dems didn't want Harris either.  So the "they didn't want Biden so they listened" is a farce.  And you know that if they truly cared about "democracy" and had an open primary...she'd lose big time.  And that would just make POC big mad. 

Can you support your claim that most Dems don’t want Harris?

I get that she flamed out four years ago but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could look at the fundraising and polling and conclude that the Dems don’t want her. 

Also, hate to break it to you, but it was an open primary. Anyone could have declared to challenge her. They still can! The vote hasn’t happened yet.

Ultimately, she took Biden’s endorsement, spent 24-48 hours campaigning to the delegates and got the commitments she needed. But nothing is stopping any Dem from throwing their hat in the ring right now. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I get that she flamed out four years ago but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could look at the fundraising and polling and conclude that the Dems don’t want her. 

Also, hate to break it to you, but it was an open primary. Anyone could have declared to challenge her. They still can! The vote hasn’t happened yet.

Ultimately, she took Biden’s endorsement, spent 24-48 hours campaigning to the delegates and got the commitments she needed. But nothing is stopping any Dem from throwing their hat in the ring right now. 

Right and if you believe they haven't been told to stand down for years, again to avoid pissing off POC should Harris lose, you probably also believe Biden stepped down of his own volition and wasn't threatened with the 25th amendment.

And of course they're fund-raising for her now.  They have no other option.

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Right and if you believe they haven't been told to stand down for years, again to avoid pissing off POC should Harris lose, you probably also believe Biden stepped down of his own volition and wasn't threatened with the 25th amendment.

And of course they're fund-raising for her now.  They have no other option.

Oh boy. I hope you’re seeing a therapist. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Oh boy. I hope you’re seeing a therapist. 

The only person who could’ve ran against Kamala would be Michelle Obama.

Anyone else, specifically the numerous white male candidates, would have committed political suicide in the Democrat Party and, even if the party didn’t punish them, the black female voters (THE base of the party) would never let them forget it. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The only person who could’ve ran against Kamala would be Michelle Obama.

Anyone else, specifically the numerous white male candidates, would have committed political suicide in the Democrat Party and, even if the party didn’t punish them, the black female voters (THE base of the party) would never let them forget it. 

So you’re saying that people other than Harris decided organically that it wasn’t a good idea to run?

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t somewhat worried about Harris winning the general election this November.  If nothing else, she seems to energize the low-information “vote for her because of her color / because she’s a woman!!!!!” lemming crowd.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So you’re saying that people other than Harris decided organically that it wasn’t a good idea to run?

Do you think things happen organically in politics?

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t somewhat worried about Harris winning the general election this November.  If nothing else, she seems to energize the low-information “vote for her because of her color / because she’s a woman!!!!!” lemming crowd.

The media is firmly behind her and tonight was just the start… Meg Thee Stallion, Beyoncé and most like Taylor Swift.

They are going to try to create a movement out of nothing and carry it all the way to the White House. 

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1.  Can’t give the impression of complete chaos 

2. Because this was an unprecedented coup they needed to unite and portray unity immediately 

3. Use traditional media plus Google to shout the same message 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you think things happen organically in politics?

The media is firmly behind her and tonight was just the start… Meg Thee Stallion, Beyoncé and most like Taylor Swift.

They are going to try to create a movement out of nothing and carry it all the way to the White House. 

Movements, support, and love for a candidate take time and those are organic and do happen.  

She has absolutely none of that.  No love.  No movement.  Nothing.  

She is running from her record.  

She is running from her positions.  

She is 1000000% dependent on media fawning. 

It’s 2024.  A lot has changed.  That might pass maybe even 4 years ago but the public has disapproved of the Biden ADMINISTRATION - that includes her.  

Suddenly she’s adored?  There is ZERO momentum of new voters.  Only a base that was dejected and dead.  

Those people are not the ones that will determine the election.  

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I really wish that the DNC was as competent as these conspiracy theorists believe it is. 

Maybe you should consider not voting for morons and anti American trash.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe you should consider not voting for morons and anti American trash.  

Yeah, that’s what I did in 2017 when I decided to leave the GOP 

• Haha (+1) 1