2024 Election Polls - President - Senate - House

Trump Takes Shocking Lead in Top-Level Poll, Completely Shifts Perception of the Race

Election watchers woke up to a shock on Sunday after The New York Times and Sienna College released a poll that changed the perception of the presidential race. 

Kamala Harris, who entered the race in July after pushing Joe Biden aside, has been leading most polls with the conventional wisdom being that she held a slim if not durable lead. According to this latest survey, though, Trump is beating Harris in both the head-to-head and multi-candidate field. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump Takes Shocking Lead in Top-Level Poll, Completely Shifts Perception of the Race

Election watchers woke up to a shock on Sunday after The New York Times and Sienna College released a poll that changed the perception of the presidential race. 

Kamala Harris, who entered the race in July after pushing Joe Biden aside, has been leading most polls with the conventional wisdom being that she held a slim if not durable lead. According to this latest survey, though, Trump is beating Harris in both the head-to-head and multi-candidate field. 

Released on NFL Opening day - shocker.  

Hoever.

• Like (+1) 1

kamala-harris-10.jpg?resize=789,460&ssl=

The New NYT/Siena Poll Hammers Home the Reality that Harris Is Running Out of Gas.

The most interesting number in the poll — the one that may tell the tale in November — came from NYT/Siena’s questions to likely voters:

(1) Do you want a “major change” in this election?

(2) Between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, which candidate “represented a major change” from Biden?

On the first, over 60 percent said yes — a staggering number. And then in answer to question 2, only 25 percent of likely voters said Kamala Harris represented that change. Fifty-three percent said Trump did.

The ruse isn’t working. The media can try to continue selling Harris as a “fresh start,” but voters are smart enough not to buy it for a second — if for no other reason than that she utterly refuses to tell voters what she actually is for in any way they are allowed to query. Voters want change, and if the race remains where it is now, they are about get it in the strangest way possible: heading back to the future with Donald Trump.

If you want “major change,” why would you vote for the vice president who’s currently in power?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-nyt-siena-poll-hammers-home-the-reality-that-harris-is-running-out-of-gas/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think it depends on how many younger people turn out to vote. Roe vs Wade being overturned and Republicans trying to stop student loan forgiveness and an affordable payment program through the SAVE plan has caused many college graduates, particularly women, I know to register to vote for the first time. I've known a good deal of apolitical (20-30) year old people as a former educator until those two things happened. Republicans basically want to hit those people in the bedroom and their pocketbooks so it's pushing the needle some. These people aren't being polled either. Trump won in 2016 with independent women helping him and he's losing some of that and not gaining as many new ones it seems. 

As someone who is an independent who has some Democrat views (student loan forgiveness, healthcare), some Republican views (anti illegal immigration and want stricter border policies, pro military, pro police) and Libertarian views (military neutrality) Im voting Democrat simply because Republicans want to kill the SAVE plan im on, which would increase my student loan payments from about $120 per month to $275 per month. As someone who owes taxes every year who has helped bailout small businesses with PPP loan money that I and my employer did not need (program was funded by tax payers like me), who bails out people on Social Security who want to raise the age of it so people like me can die before collecting (social security is funded by current younger workers , it is not a bank account where one deposits money for later use), who bailouts foreign countries like Ukraine and Israel with my tax money and who has helped bail out banks and corporations with tax money......I think it's absurd Republicans say we "have to pay our own way" when I and others with student loans are still taxed by Republicans as well to pay for those things which are not "paying ones own way." If I could keep my Social Security contributions (aka not pay into it) and could get a huge tax break so I'm not bailing out others, fine I'll pay my own way, but since not , there should be some sort of student loan forgiveness. What I pay out in taxes and social security would have my loans paid off much quicker. 

59 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Systematically undercounting Trump support through the years.

RealClearPolitics%20-%20Live%20Opinion,%

2016 Hilary won popular vote by 2.1 percent. So they were off 0.7.

2020 Biden won by 4.5, so off by 3.

The thing though is 2016 and 2020 Trump never crossed 47 percent of the popular vote. The polls now usually have him around 47 percent.

This argument also fails to realize that pollsters change their models based on previous outcomes.

Hell they changed their 2022 model so bad you were sure there was going to be a red wave in 2022 and they undercounted Dems.

Id say looking at the under counting of Dems in 2022 it’s more likely Harris support is undercounted here and Trumps is over counted.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:17 AM, B-Man said:

Systematically undercounting Trump support through the years.

RealClearPolitics%20-%20Live%20Opinion,%

What do people think the hidden voters will do?

Those who want to keep their stance private because it would bring some form of backlash?

Which candidate has more of them?

...and is it enough to overcome the obvious cheating that will occur behind boarded up windows?

• Like (+1) 2