Post Your All-Star Bills Roster…of Backups?

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Frank Reich

Kenneth Davis

Don Beebe

Monty Brown

John Hagy

Butch Rolle

Tony Cline

Al Edwards

Scott Radecic

Chris Poole

Mark Pike

Sammy Morris

Always really liked Mark Pike, great call! Nice roster. Would’ve straight up whipped many of our drought starters imho!

I think Dane Jackson might count here. He had some stretches as a starter, most notably in 2022, but the Bills never committed to him as a starter and he was mainly a backup but a pretty good player all the same. Chris Hogan I think someone already mentioned. Karlos Williams (though only for one season), Ryan Groy the classic backup interior OL who everyone thinks should start..... until he actually starts.... there's a few just off the top of my head from the last decade or so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Frank Reich

Kenneth Davis

Don Beebe

Monty Brown

John Hagy

Butch Rolle

Tony Cline

Al Edwards

Scott Radecic

Chris Poole

Mark Pike

Sammy Morris

Nice list but where is Pat Williams who backed up Ted Washington and then eventually played beside him in a number of games?

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Post Your All-Star Bills Roster…of Backups?
13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But most of his career he was a backup when he showed he should be the feature RB.  We shoudln't have drafted Lynch and we definitely shouldn't have drafted Spiller.  

He was splitting carries his entire time here, most the time as the 2nd RB.  The fact he "outlasted 2 first round picks" is a testament to how foolish it was to not make him the lead back and not waste 2 first round picks on a RB.  

We didn't know what we had in Jackson as he came in the same year as Lynch. I agree drafting Spiller was a mistake as I was banging the drum in that draft to take Dez Bryant prior to the draft.

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We didn't know what we had in Jackson as he came in the same year as Lynch. I agree drafting Spiller was a mistake as I was banging the drum in that draft to take Dez Bryant prior to the draft.

dude... SAME! I was at average joe's on sweethome and i pointed at the screen and said Dez bryant.  Hell even Demaryius Thomas might have been nice.  I'd have hated a tebow pick but at least you're GOING for something.  

CJ spiller popped up and i was just... so confused.  Chan gailey had mentioned wanting a "waterbug" back and everyone assumed that meant interest in dexter mccluster.  

In any case - Russ brandon was our freaking GM so of course we did stupid stuff.  They had used some picks for wood and levitre the year prior (don't worry, they drafted maybin too.. can't have nice things), but bulaga or anthony davis might have been a nice pick there.  We started Mansfield Wrotto in 7 games at RT, and LT was in flux after moving peters .  Graham or JPP might have been nice to add a pass rusher since maybin seemed a bust from day 1.  These aren't even reaches, they're like the next players off the board.  

4 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Nice list but where is Pat Williams who backed up Ted Washington and then eventually played beside him in a number of games?

Good point. I just figured that since he eventually became a starter he did not really qualify as being a career back-up for the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.