Rasul Douglas - about his future with the bills?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Knowing their cap sitch and Douglas’ age, I think Beane might be hoping that Elam can take a step and become the starter opposite Benford following season.  Wishful thinking but not out of the question imo.  

I loved the trade for Douglas and was hoping he’d be extended but he’s approaching that age where it’s a little risky.  

It's not wishful thinking 

Mckelvin took years to get it together as a raw but physically impressive corner

Later in his career he actually became a solid man corner who you could not throw at to just attack and he was better in zone than giving credit for.. it literally just took years... Which isn't what you want from a top 10 pick

I think Elam is on the same trajectory which sucks for the first couple years but I think the light is going to turn on

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 9:20 PM, The Wiz said:

but he's also looking for a new contract as it expires this year.

Is he? We don't know what he wants or is looking for.

He was on the short list for people we could logically extend to save cap space this offseason. But we opted to restructure his contract instead. Which said to me either a.) He wasn't interested in what we were offering without testing the market in a year or b.) We would rather see how this year goes and evaluate the position next season.

Either way, him not showing up to OTA's is nothing to fret over. He did the same in Green Bay. It's voluntary. Some players just don't want to do it.

He's under contract. He'll be here. We'll see how the year goes and what he wants at the end of it and go from there. No need to manufacture an issue that as far as we know, doesn't exist.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Posted (edited)

This could mean 1 of 2 things...

1. Rasul Douglas has recently employed a Mr. S Diggs to handle all of his social media correspondence and we have a significant problem on our hands.

Or

2. His post has absolutely no relevance to the Bills and/or his contract situation.

I haven't started drinking as yet today and firmly in the option 2 camp as things stand.

Edited by NI Bills Fan

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not wishful thinking 

Mckelvin took years to get it together as a raw but physically impressive corner

Later in his career he actually became a solid man corner who you could not throw at to just attack and he was better in zone than giving credit for.. it literally just took years... Which isn't what you want from a top 10 pick

I think Elam is on the same trajectory which sucks for the first couple years but I think the light is going to turn on

Poor choice of words on my part.  Wishful thinking should have been substituted as hopeful. 

I think he has a chance.  

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Poor choice of words on my part.  Wishful thinking should have been substituted as hopeful. 

I think he has a chance.  

I was agreeing with you I knew you were saying you thought he had a chance 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.