Rasul Douglas - about his future with the bills?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? Sal said he never went to OTAs in Green Bay either. He'd rather be a dad to his kids.

Exactly. He’s a veteran cover corner (a damned good one, too) and he, himself, gets nothing out of glorified walk-throughs. Stay with the family every damned minute you can. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know he missed all voluntary OTA's last year too so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  Really wish they could find a way to extend him though as he's the perfect fit in this scheme.  Although for the fire McDermott people it doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Hence the question marks and not knowing what to think of it when I made the post.  

All I know is he didn't so up for OTAs (which you said was something he normally doesn't do) but he's also looking for a new contract as it expires this year.

so you see no reason the dots would be connected but are trying to find a way to connect them?

• Haha (+1) 1

Douglas ain’t getting an extension. 

He was a no brainer to extend with Dawkins/TJ to free up room earlier this off-season. 

He cost a third round pick to be a 1.5 year rental and helped saved the 2023 season. Nothing wrong with that.

18 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Just saw this, not sure what to think about it but seems like he really wants a new contract along with him not being at OTAs.

It says 5 years….not weeks months!  He’s a vet who decided to skip to OTA’s.  He’s be back for mandatory minicamp. 

18 hours ago, Augie said:

Are we supposed to pitch in for a vasectomy?  Maybe I missed something….

There's a special low price vasectomy at the Travis Henry vasectomy institute.

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? Sal said he never went to OTAs in Green Bay either. He'd rather be a dad to his kids.

It's perfectly simple if you look close enough. The unpopped kernels in that bowl of popcorn represent his commitment to the Bills. The eaten popcorn represent his love for his family and his desire for a new contract. The fact that they're sleeping is a metaphor for Beane being asleep at the wheel again, while the face being hidden by the hood is to let everyone know that he is shutting himself off from the Bills and their fanbase.

You guys amaze me with your lack of insight

10 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

There's a special low price vasectomy at the Travis Henry vasectomy institute.

I had a buddy growing up who went to Syracuse. His first job out of college was Public Relations for the Love Canal. That just came to mind…….

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Just saw this, not sure what to think about it but seems like he really wants a new contract along with him not being at OTAs.

Talk about taking something and running with it based on absolutely nothing.  I mean you gotta really really work OT to try and make this something about the Bills.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I will reiterate again, I never said it did.  I'm just putting it out there for everyone else to know that it's something I saw.  I read it that way at a quick glance.  It could mean he just wants to be a dad when he has the chance or he wants a new contract.

I'm not a reporter so I don't know how to spin a story into something it's not but apparently I might have. 😐

Haha, it sounds like you've fallen for the "I don't want a gift for my birthday" line enough times that now you're thinking...anything could possibly mean something, even when it actually means nothing!

Also known as Post Stef Diggs Syndrome

Edited by HardyBoy

23 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I know he missed all voluntary OTA's last year too so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  Really wish they could find a way to extend him though as he's the perfect fit in this scheme.  Although for the fire McDermott people it doesn't matter.

Knowing their cap sitch and Douglas’ age, I think Beane might be hoping that Elam can take a step and become the starter opposite Benford following season.  Wishful thinking but not out of the question imo.  

I loved the trade for Douglas and was hoping he’d be extended but he’s approaching that age where it’s a little risky.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.