The Inaugural All-UFL Team

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

By Butler I assume you mean Hakeem Butler, the WR who was just named the UFL's Offensive Player of the Year.

"Butler had 45 catches for a league-high 652 receiving yards and five touchdowns for the St. Louis Battlehawks this season. He will have a chance to add to those titles in a conference title game against San Antonio this weekend."

The former Cardinals 4th rounder has excellent measureables at 6'5" and 227 pounds:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hakeem-butler/32004255-5416-1833-e211-34b9abca1909

He fits the profile of receiver the Bills seem to be accumulating.

I was mad when we drafted Cody Ford over DK Metcalf then double mad when we took Knox over Hakeem Butler 🤣 one out of two ain't bad!

I'd bring him in like Claypool though. I mean, YOLO

Edited by MiracleAtRich1393
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think that out of all the skill position guys, Martinez has made an interesting case for himself. Certainly not starting caliber but as a backup, I think he could provide a team like the Bills or Ravens a suitable athletic QB who can still provide a threat to run or pass. 

Most surprising to me is coaches like Holtz and Nolan not getting the calls to move on to at least the collegiate level. Skip especially has proven he can run a program. You may argue its spring football but maintaining success at any level of football is not an easy thing to do.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

I thought with the doubts about Tyler Bass that there might be some call to sign Jake Bates, the former Michigan kicker who made 3 FGs of over 60 yards. Upon closer examination he went 17-22 for 77.3%.

Some kicker named Andre Szmyt actually went 19-21 for 90.5% and had a long FG of 61 yards.

Actually they had several kickers in the UFL with nice stats:   https://www.theufl.com/stats/player

szmyt was the groza award winning kicker of the year in college his first year in Syracuse, but very inconsistent in college after that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You also like that "more viewers year over year means losing viewers"

Don't ask me to make sense of your logic.

"Notably, the UFL did decidedly worse than the XFL’s five-week 2020 reboot. Perhaps aided by curiosity after the league was dormant for 19 years, the XFL saw an eye-popping average of 1.9 million viewers per regular season game before being forced to cease operations and file for bankruptcy due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The UFL’s best rating for the 2024 season came in the Week 1 matchup between the St. Louis Battlehawks and Michigan Panthers on ABC. It averaged 1.3 million viewers."

"The UFL’s first regular season has come to a close, and the spring football league did an exceptional average rating of 816,000 people across its 40 regular season games, according to Sports Business Journal.

In 2023, the XFL and USFL, two leagues merging to form the UFL, averaged 622,000 and 601,000 regular season viewers, respectively."

622,000+601,000>816,000

Best effort--week 1: one game at 1.3 million.  By the end of the season, for week 10, the average was down to 784,000 (compare again to seasons averages 1.23 million for USFL/XFL 2023).

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Notably, the UFL did decidedly worse than the XFL’s five-week 2020 reboot. Perhaps aided by curiosity after the league was dormant for 19 years, the XFL saw an eye-popping average of 1.9 million viewers per regular season game before being forced to cease operations and file for bankruptcy due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The UFL’s best rating for the 2024 season came in the Week 1 matchup between the St. Louis Battlehawks and Michigan Panthers on ABC. It averaged 1.3 million viewers."

"The UFL’s first regular season has come to a close, and the spring football league did an exceptional average rating of 816,000 people across its 40 regular season games, according to Sports Business Journal.

In 2023, the XFL and USFL, two leagues merging to form the UFL, averaged 622,000 and 601,000 regular season viewers, respectively."

622,000+601,000>816,000

Best effort--week 1: one game at 1.3 million.  By the end of the season, for week 10, the average was down to 784,000 (compare again to seasons averages 1.23 million for USFL/XFL 2023).

You think the USFL and XFL had completely separate viewing audiences.

Bless your little heart.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

You think the USFL and XFL had completely separate viewing audiences.

Bless your little heart.

you’re the one intent on comparing to viewers of both leagues last year to this year.  Two different leagues last year—now same teams as two separate conferences.  Fewer viewers (and other than STL) and no one in the stands. 

can you just focus on explaining the decreasing viewership over THIS  season?  And how this translates into more viewers? 

more is less?

On 6/8/2024 at 10:52 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

By Butler I assume you mean Hakeem Butler, the WR who was just named the UFL's Offensive Player of the Year.

"Butler had 45 catches for a league-high 652 receiving yards and five touchdowns for the St. Louis Battlehawks this season. He will have a chance to add to those titles in a conference title game against San Antonio this weekend."

The former Cardinals 4th rounder has excellent measureables at 6'5" and 227 pounds:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hakeem-butler/32004255-5416-1833-e211-34b9abca1909

He fits the profile of receiver the Bills seem to be accumulating.

I liked him coming out of college

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you’re the one intent on comparing to viewers of both leagues last year to this year.  Two different leagues last year—now same teams as two separate conferences.  Fewer viewers (and other than STL) and no one in the stands. 

can you just focus on explaining the decreasing viewership over THIS  season?  And how this translates into more viewers? 

more is less?

They've gained viewers year over year, averaging 20% more this year.

I know this makes you mad, but I can't change reality.

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

They've gained viewers year over year, averaging 20% more this year.

I know this makes you mad, but I can't change reality.

you won’t answer the simple question I asked.  Cheers!