Chargers Center Corey Linsley to retire, should we trade Clapp back to them?

Jason Kelce has readily admitted that Center is the easiest position on the Oline. 

McGovern will be fine if that is the route they decide to go. It’s going to be interesting to see how the back end of the OL group shakes out. That’s more what I’m interested in 

Reading this is COMPLETELY bizarre as I am related to both as distant cousins in New England through my mother's side. I have been researching my ancestry for 30 years now and it's mind boggling how families are linked together.

• Like (+1) 1

No hurry.  Clapp is not so valuable that the Bills would be devastated by the Chargers trying to address their cent needs elsewhere.   Let the Bills figure out what they've got in McGovern and Van Pran before they get rid of a sure thing in Clapp

5 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Chargers all pro center expected to retire due to medical reasons.  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chargers-release-center-corey-linsley-174945900.html

Clapp might be of interest to them given they will have limited options now post-draft to find an adequate replacement and he is familiar with the scheme/started some games for them at C last couple years. Given the Van Pran pick, we may have enough depth at Center now.  Would love for the Bills to capitalize on their neediness and trade Clapp to the chargers for a mid (if not early-mid) round pick in 2025.

I would rather KC get " the clap"

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Reading this is COMPLETELY bizarre as I am related to both as distant cousins in New England through my mother's side. I have been researching my ancestry for 30 years now and it's mind boggling how families are linked together.

If you don't mind me asking, you're related to both who?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Jason Kelce has readily admitted that Center is the easiest position on the Oline. 

McGovern will be fine if that is the route they decide to go. It’s going to be interesting to see how the back end of the OL group shakes out. That’s more what I’m interested in 

I hope SVPG can just take the starting spot and McGovern go back to guard. Return Edwards to the bench where he's a quality backup and helps a lot in jumbo packages. Van Denmark, Anderson and Collins round out the bench. 

Edited by billsfan89

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

It is physically the easiest... Mcgovern is now going to be one of the bigger more athletic centers in the league 

He will probably be really good if I had to guess

Edited by Buffalo716

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If you don't mind me asking, you're related to both who?

Corey Linsley and Will Clapp... Linsley and Clapp both have an extensive history in early New England.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Chargers all pro center expected to retire due to medical reasons.  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chargers-release-center-corey-linsley-174945900.html

Clapp might be of interest to them given they will have limited options now post-draft to find an adequate replacement and he is familiar with the scheme/started some games for them at C last couple years. Given the Van Pran pick, we may have enough depth at Center now.  Would love for the Bills to capitalize on their neediness and trade Clapp to the chargers for a mid (if not early-mid) round pick in 2025.

GIF by GIPHY News

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm sure the Charges already have a plan at C.  Lindsey's been know to be retiring for awhile now, well before FA and the draft.

I was just looking at an article about this from earlier the off-season. Chargers had already signed Bradley Bozeman who was the starter with Carolina...and more importantly was with Baltimore during Roman's tenure there. That's their starter and he's not a bad C at all.

They had also reworked Lindsey's contract in anticipation of his retirement. This is something they had well planned out and was in the works for a while. I don't believe Clapp is even a blip on their radar as they let him walk knowing what was coming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I was just looking at an article about this from earlier the off-season. Chargers had already signed Bradley Bozeman who was the starter with Carolina...and more importantly was with Baltimore during Roman's tenure there. That's their starter and he's not a bad C at all.

They had also reworked Lindsey's contract in anticipation of his retirement. This is something they had well planned out and was in the works for a while. I don't believe Clapp is even a blip on their radar as they let him walk knowing what was coming.

I just looked up Bozeman.  He was signed for 1-year and $1.125M.  Seems like a curiously low contract for a veteran with a ton of starting experience.

19 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

In what world would they get a 4th??

The world where a guy that has been getting 1 year minimum level salary deals for the past 3-4 years or more can get you a 4th rounder. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I just looked up Bozeman.  He was signed for 1-year and $1.125M.  Seems like a curiously low contract for a veteran with a ton of starting experience.

Yeah, that's low for a guy with 80 career starts a C and graded out just below middle of the pack at the position.

The only thing I can think of is that he was cut by the Panthers and had offset language in that contract. Would be roughly the same as why the Steelers were able to get Russ Wilson at about the same cap hit. Not positive but it seems likely to me that's the case.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

for what, a 6th round pick? No thanks - not unless they plan to cut him. When Harbaugh was last int he NFL he was an elite coach, which he then repeated in the 3rd consecutive situation at Michigan. I'm not looking to help them out at all unless we get helped significantly more.

If all for giving Harbaugh the clap :) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.