9 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Coleman

Shakir

Samuel

MVS

Claypool

Hollins 

That's my 6 for the roster.  

My brother the Vikes fan gave it 4 years before Diggs would make his way out of Buffalo.  

Man, I got destroyed on a Bills subreddit for saying this exact same thing. I’ve never seen supporters of player act in such a way. And I’m 50. He’s more Chris Burkett than anything. Just a lousy teammate. Selfish. Glad he’s gone. Very glad. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This nothing but good news. I recall many “camp body” reactions to his signing. Why would one see this as an indictment of our receiving squad ? As I have stated all along, our group will prove to be a surprise to naysayers everywhere. The top end of Samuel, Shakier, and Coleman will rip it up. Add MVS,Kincaid, Cook, Knox, Davis and a magnificent comeback year from Claypool and the pundits will wonder how they overrated Houston and underrated the Bills. Should Coleman have to take it slow, Isabella or Shorter provide options. Mark it Dudes. The Big Lebowski Movie GIF by Focus Features

Edited by Jimmy Harris 69
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Man, I got destroyed on a Bills subreddit for saying this exact same thing. I’ve never seen supporters of player act in such a way. And I’m 50. He’s more Chris Burkett than anything. Just a lousy teammate. Selfish. Glad he’s gone. Very glad. 

It’s the naysayers that are acting weird.  No real example of Diggs doing anything detrimental to the team.  A ton of innuendo and supposition?  Sure.  Actual content?  Nope.  Same guy who interacted with kids in the stands before every game, right?  The selfish guy.  

But now Chase Claypool is our savior?  And people worried about Diggs being gone are the irrational ones?  Geez.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s the naysayers that are acting weird.  No real example of Diggs doing anything detrimental to the team.  A ton of innuendo and supposition?  Sure.  Actual content?  Nope.  Same guy who interacted with kids in the stands before every game, right?  The selfish guy.  

But now Chase Claypool is our savior?  And people worried about Diggs being gone are the irrational ones?  Geez.  

The scuttlebut is that Diggs was miffed after Allen yelled at him after the 1st game with, “It’s only one game!” Because Diggs was showing his ass. Do you remember the nonsense during the previous season’s playoff loss to the Bengals? Diggs was nuts on the sideline. If you ever played any organized sport above high school, you understand that this nonsense is verboten. He’s a selfish teammate. Unfortunately, all #1 receivers in the NFL lean this way. Claypool? He’s a douchebag in my book until he proves otherwise over the course of a full season. And I hope he doesn’t make the squad because, well, the last thing this or any other team needs is this kind of douchebag on their roster. So Diggs hammed it up with the fans! Awesome!!! Don’t cash it in during the playoffs. Glad he’s gone, let him be an ####### for the Texans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

The scuttlebut is that Diggs was miffed after Allen yelled at him after the 1st game with, “It’s only one game!” Because Diggs was showing his ass. Do you remember the nonsense during the previous season’s playoff loss to the Bengals? Diggs was nuts on the sideline. If you ever played any organized sport above high school, you understand that this nonsense is verboten. He’s a selfish teammate. Unfortunately, all #1 receivers in the NFL lean this way. Claypool? He’s a douchebag in my book until he proves otherwise over the course of a full season. And I hope he doesn’t make the squad because, well, the last thing this or any other team needs is this kind of douchebag on their roster. So Diggs hammed it up with the fans! Awesome!!! Don’t cash it in during the playoffs. Glad he’s gone, let him be an ####### for the Texans. 

Scuttlebut.  Great reason to get rid of a driven top player who wants to win.  We should definitely make sure everyone just wants to joke around and that nobody who gets frustrated with losing is tolerated.  

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Scuttlebut.  Great reason to get rid of a driven top player who wants to win.  We should definitely make sure everyone just wants to joke around and that nobody who gets frustrated with losing is tolerated.  

I totally agree with you. This is roster building best practices. Good job! 

50 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I like to hope for the best and in this case, I hope Claypool makes the squad because he proves the he'll be a productive receiver AND a great teammate.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To hear Dolphins fans tell it, Claypool lit it up in practice there, too. 

It was when the pads came on that things changed.

It's nice to hear he's been doing well in the OTA settings, but I won't get excited until I see him doing the same thing in camp and preseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can’t be serious.  He’s repeatedly proven himself to be a loser to the point where he signed for vet minimum.  Technically you’re right.  You’d also be right if you said it doesn’t matter that your Powerball numbers didn't hit last week; just if they hit next week.

Spoiler alert: Nope.

He's had two reasonably good seasons (>800 yards).

He had one mediocre season (450 yards).

He had one 'loser' season (<100 yards).

The trend line isn't good but he was reasonably good in half the seasons he's played.  A person could argue that there's a 50-50 chance he'll have a decent season in 2024.  

Even if he matched his mediocre year with us, I'd be glad to get that kind of production from a guy who'll presumably be a backup.  But given his age (25), the fact that Josh is his QB, and he's finally removed his head from his butt (one can hope), it's not inconceivable that he'll match or surpass his previous best.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's nice to hear he's been doing well in the OTA settings, but I won't get excited until I see him doing the same thing in camp and preseason.

Well we'll find out soon enough. I'm going to root for his success for selfish reasons that the Bills profit from this cheap signing.  And if he returns to his bad habits/attitude you cut his ass.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I thought the same. Does it mean he has really shone, or is it an indictment on others? We know Keon has had some struggles, which is probably to be expected, but Shakir? Samuel? 

It's a mediocre group of receivers so I guess expectations should be set accordingly

1 hour ago, Logic said:

When the pads came on? Claypool was traded to Miami in the middle of the season and hardly got any snaps. Probably because he didn’t know his plays. Plus they were experimenting him at a new position.

Claypool could have trouble with the thinking aspect of the game, learning a playbook. But he’s going to look dominant in 7on7 type drills because he’s physically gifted. Claypools issues will be running all the right routes and being on the same page with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

He's had two reasonably good seasons (>800 yards).

He had one mediocre season (450 yards).

He had one 'loser' season (<100 yards).

The trend line isn't good but he was reasonably good in half the seasons he's played.  A person could argue that there's a 50-50 chance he'll have a decent season in 2024.  

Even if he matched his mediocre year with us, I'd be glad to get that kind of production from a guy who'll presumably be a backup.  But given his age (25), the fact that Josh is his QB, and he's finally removed his head from his butt (one can hope), it's not inconceivable that he'll match or surpass his previous best.

He was decent when he had a competent QB throwing the ball.  NGL though, anytime the Steelers actively get rid of a guy it's a big red flag. Big.

Don't need him to be spectacular though.  It's pretty clear the offense is going through the RBs and Kincaid and that's fine.

2 hours ago, That&#x27;s No Moon said:

He was decent when he had a competent QB throwing the ball.  NGL though, anytime the Steelers actively get rid of a guy it's a big red flag. Big.

Don't need him to be spectacular though.  It's pretty clear the offense is going through the RBs and Kincaid and that's fine.

What people always leave out is the people Claypool complained about also lost their jobs eventually. Both Pittsburgh and Chicago made massive changes on offense after getting rid of Claypool. He was right. But players aren’t supposed to speak up to the media.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What people always leave out is the people Claypool complained about also lost their jobs eventually. Both Pittsburgh and Chicago made massive changes on offense after getting rid of Claypool. He was right. But players aren’t supposed to speak up to the media.

And they are particularly not supposed to half ass it in the meantime. 

5 hours ago, Logic said:

He was on the Bears when the pads came on last year.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.