Matt Parrino - "Claypool has been most consistent WR during OTAs"

1 hour ago, eball said:

This board is consistent.

The “we suck at WR” crowd:  “most consistent” means the other guys suck and we’re doomed.

The “we’ll be ok at WR” crowd:  “most consistent” means a pleasant surprise coming from a talented but previously inconsistent player.

You do you, Wallers…I’ll wait to see how guys look when they’re wearing pads and playing real snaps.

Jeebus, it's only June. No need to be so fact based and realistic in your posts at this point! 😏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If the message was received that this is the last year to save his career glory glory Hallelujah 

I mean Coleman Samuel Claypool and if we spread Shakir in the slot isn't the worst set in the world.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Wouldn't it be nice though to get lucky if he turns his career around here?

You can only read into OTA’s so much.  It’s totally different once the pads come on.  

Also I believe the media has only been to practice on two days over the past two weeks.  So the sample size here is very small.

With that being said, the lack of high end talent at WR this season has is one of my biggest concerns

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I mean Coleman Samuel Claypool and if we spread Shakir in the slot isn't the worst set in the world.

I have a sneaking suspicion this crew is going to surprise some folks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm going to fearlessly predict Allen has his best season

Losing Morse stings and it will probably take them a little time to get fully synched up front.

And I hope they are moving away from riding Allen as a ballcarrier during the regular season.

But there is also potential for this to be the best group of passcatchers he's ever had around him.

There could be enough matchup problems to force defenses out of man coverages like they were able to do 3-4 years ago.

People might very well be underestimating how dangerous this offense can be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Cray51 said:

I always felt Claypool had the talent, just not the consistency in effort.  You dont just magically have two 850 yard seasons if you can't at least hang in the league.

If McD and Brady are able to get him straight and he can have a gabe davis like role on this team (blocking + deep threat + suspect catch rate) that would be a welcomed addition at a discount

Yeah, I'm rooting hard for him not just making the 53 but actually contributing.  Give me just a semblance of his first 2 seasons and I'd consider him the double dip to Coleman. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I have a sneaking suspicion this crew is going to surprise some folks.

I was scratching my head at this post

41 minutes ago, Simon said:

Losing Morse stings and it will probably take them a little time to get fully synched up front.

And I hope they are moving away from riding Allen as a ballcarrier during the regular season.

But there is also potential for this to be the best group of passcatchers he's ever had around him.

There could be enough matchup problems to force defenses out of man coverages like they were able to do 3-4 years ago.

But relieved after reading this one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I thought the same. Does it mean he has really shone, or is it an indictment on others? We know Keon has had some struggles, which is probably to be expected, but Shakir? Samuel? 

Yeah it's time to really wonder if it's an indictment on Samuel who's entering his 8th year.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Wouldn't it be nice though to get lucky if he turns his career around here?

He has all the talent in the world and would easily make the roster if he plays up to his potential and likely would start opposite Shakir. Based off talent alone.  The question is, will he be able to keep his head out of his rectum for the next 3 months to make it to that point?

If he does, he is going to play a lot.  If he doesn't, he likely gets cut out of training camp.

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He is awful and a loser.  If he’s our best receiver that is B A D

Based off sheer physical talent he is easily the most physically gifted WR on the team(not even close) and one of the most physically gifted in the NFL.  His RAS score is a ridiculous 9.98. His issue has been how hard he wants to work to realize that talent and what's between his 2 ears.

Compare that to an 8.28 RAS for Shakir, 8.06 for Coleman and a 5.22 for Samuel. 

In the NFL, by comparison Ja'Marr Chase has a 9.82 RAS, Justin Jefferson a 9.69, DK Metcalf 9.66 and Tyreek Hill a 9.39.  Just to show how much of an athletic freak Claypool is.

Chase-Claypool-RAS-18243.png?w=806&ssl=1

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

His ceiling should be much higher than his rookie year in terms of his physical skill set... he should be in his physical prime right now...obviously if he puts up 850 and 10 tds that would be insanely huge, but if he puts himself in the position to get 850 yards, which means he figured out the offense and how to handle being schemed against and not letting the successes or failures of a season get him too high or low...and he becomes a key part of the offense that gets high value schemed up targets...I think it's fair to anticipate him being a far more physically developed and tactically nuanced player and I wouldn't be shocked if he did better than his rookie year, since his body is fully developed and he's in his prime now.

I'm not saying I'm expecting that from him, I'm just saying for everyone saying his rookie year production would be amazing....I mean for sure it would be, but again if he positions himself to be that key of a contributor where his rookie year stats are in reach (which is a massive if), I think his ceiling would be higher than that due to him being in his prime.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He has all the talent in the world and would easily make the roster if he plays up to his potential and likely would start opposite Shakir. Based off talent alone.  The question is, will he be able to keep his head out of his rectum for the next 3 months to make it to that point?

If he does, he is going to play a lot.  If he doesn't, he likely gets cut out of training camp.

Based off sheer physical talent he is easily the most physically gifted WR on the team(not even close) and one of the most physically gifted in the NFL.  His RAS score is a ridiculous 9.98. His issue has been how hard he wants to work to realize that talent and what's between his 2 ears.

If he’s that talented…..and he’s been kicked to the curb twice already……..no bueno.

I might be remembering the wrong guy but didn’t White toss him down like he was a rag doll at the LOS?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he’s that talented…..and he’s been kicked to the curb twice already……..no bueno.

I might be remembering the wrong guy but didn’t White toss him down like he was a rag doll at the LOS?

It's really irrelevant what he did in the past, it's only important what he does here and now.  If the Bills can get him to play to his ability then we have a potential under the radar stud WR.  If not, then he gets cut. No real risk for the Bills with massive upside potential.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Agreed. Not only does the WR room have the potential to be the best the Bills have had, but Kincaid, Knox and the RB's can catch the ball as well.  I am excited to see Kinkaid say he has worked on size and strength this offseason. If Cook can correct the easy drops, this offense can be scary. Add in the fact we seem to have finally found a run game, we can keep defenses guessing.

I just hope we stay healthy and everything starts clicking fully by November.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's really irrelevant what he did in the past, it's only important what he does here and now.  If the Bills can get him to play to his ability then we have a potential under the radar stud WR.  If not, then he gets cut. No real risk for the Bills with massive upside potential.

Shirley you can’t be serious.  He’s repeatedly proven himself to be a loser to the point where he signed for vet minimum.  Technically you’re right.  You’d also be right if you said it doesn’t matter that your Powerball numbers didn't hit last week; just if they hit next week.

Spoiler alert: Nope.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.